Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 PM   #105
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

The Broncos really did have multiple wide open drops last night and no bs I actually thought of this thread and your WR catch slider when they happened haha.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #106
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

So did the Giants tonight. They stunk it up!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #107
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
The Broncos really did have multiple wide open drops last night and no bs I actually thought of this thread and your WR catch slider when they happened haha.
Like I said in my original post on the first page, games like that Broncos game are the exception, not the rule. Here is what I posted initial first post on the first page regarding WR catching. Remember, if you saw a half a dozen wide open drops in an NFL game by starting WRs, that is the exception, not the rule. It still just doesn't happen that much in a single game, and furthermore, it doesn't happen every other game played by these starting WRs either. Now, imagine playing all of your games in a full CFM and having 5-6 drops by your starting WRs when they are wide open. It is just unrealistic over the course of the season, when it happens time and time again in multiple games.

And the Giants did stink it up tonight. I knew that Lions offense would do well. Solid game for Stafford as well. And if Giants want to try and run an offensive scheme more like the Saints, then maybe they should have the offensive personnel to do so.. lol

The Giants not having Odell Beckham Jr. start tonight (don't know how well he would do as a rookie WR) didn't help either, just for that extra speed on the field, for the short to some intermediate routes he could get open on. He was great at LSU getting yards after the catch, but he is no Brandin Cooks.. and I was/am huge fan of OBJ, even though he plays for the Giants (don't like em!).

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-08-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:30 PM   #108
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
That's funny that you were thinking about a Madden slider thread during the Broncos game, because of the drops. lol :P
Old 09-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #109
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Like I said in my original post on the first page, games like that Broncos game are the exception, not the rule.

And the Giants did stink it up tonight. I knew that Lions offense would do well. Solid game for Stafford as well. And if Giants want to try and run an offensive scheme more like the Saints, then maybe they should have the offensive personnel to do so.. lol

The Giants not having Odell Beckham Jr. start tonight (don't know how well he would do as a rookie WR) didn't help either, just for that extra speed on the field, for the short to some intermediate routes he could get open on. He was great at LSU getting yards after the catch, but he is no Brandin Cooks.. and I was/am huge fan of OBJ, even though he plays for the Giants (don't like em!).

I am sure Odell would have made it better but the team just didn't look good from beginning to end on offense. Eli didn't look confident at all and Cruz was frustrated for most of the game. If they don't figure things out the Giants will have a new coach next season.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #110
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I am sure Odell would have made it better but the team just didn't look good from beginning to end on offense. Eli didn't look confident at all and Cruz was frustrated for most of the game. If they don't figure things out the Giants will have a new coach next season.
That's something to hear after Tom Coughlin has been there so long, and knocking off the undefeated Patriots in the Superbowl in '07.. and Eli winning another Superbowl ring on top of that. It is a "what have you done for me lately league," though, and it is New York.. a lot of pressure to do well there.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 PM   #111
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I want to try these, I really dig armours set but just really hate slow game play
Old 09-09-2014, 12:01 AM   #112
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymayhem
I think I want to try these, I really dig armours set but just really hate slow game play
Give it a go, man. Armor and I collaborated a bit on his sliders, and I developed my own tweaks the more I watched his twitch streams and the more we discussed certain slider settings.

In the end, without even paying attention to Armor's sliders since his v1.2 set, we actually are very close to having the same thoughts on slider settings. I have my own different beliefs on some slider settings, he has is. He started at WR catching low, but we discussed briefly that it is probably more realistic/sim at a higher setting, and voila, we both went up. I feel 85 WR catching is the "sweet spot" though, but his 75 is good too. This was same with the INT and CPU pass blocking sliders as well, among a couple others. Teamwork was used most definitely.

I thank him for that v1.2 base set, it got me started on my tweaks, and now I'm set with sliders for, eventually an offline CFM sooner rather than later. In the mean time, I'm doing testing in an online CFM.

Good luck with the sliders. Hopefully they play to your satisfaction.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-09-2014 at 01:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »