Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #129
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Played my first 3 pre-season games of my Rams' CFM. Started out with Saints, Packers, and Browns.. and when the starters were in, the gameplay was great on both sides of the ball, for all of the games. I'm now just looking forward to finishing that last pre-season game and getting the regular season started, so I can finally get some real games going.

One thing is for sure, the secondary was already the weakest link in the Rams' defense (but I am developing two good young up and comer rookies, CB E.J. Gaines and my nickel CB Lamarcus Joyner).. but if I lose a couple of starters in the secondary, I could have some REAL trouble stopping the pass in the long run, as I believe my rookie E.J. Gaines isn't close to being ready to cover a number 1 or 2 receiver yet. Larmarcus Joyner is already starting at nickel corner, and doing VERY well, thus far. After that, my other 2 backup CBs are no where near capable of being starters. The backups for the LBs are just okay, not that good (there was one though, Daren Bates I believe, who played lights out when he had his chance, so I didn't cut him despite being lowly rated), and the backup D-line is nowhere near as elite as the starters, but are good enough rotation players that can be developed upon a little.

My QB is Shaun Hill (I cut Sam Bradford, as he's injured again and I just don't see him making a comeback for the Rams IRL) and my backup is Case Keenum (actually on par with Hill stats-wise, but I play better with Hill for some reason), who isn't too bad, but I definitely need a good QB to do well with these Rams, especially in the NFC West. I'm also keeping two QBs this season. I cut both Garrett Gilbert and Austin Davis.

The running game is definitely going to have to perform well with Zac Stacy (87 SPD, 93 ACC, 93 AGI, 67 ELU, 91 TRK), who I think will be a workhorse in his second season. I put rookie Tre Mason (89 SPD, 94 ACC, 91 AGI, 86 ELU, 76 TRK) as my backup for a change-up in speed and some elusiveness, but he really needs to be developed more before being a good backup.. in my opinion, his trucking and elusiveness attributes need to be the main focus for him when developing, while later on, maybe either a bit more speed or acceleration. Benny Cunningham is the actual backup in real life for the Rams, but he is my 3rd back in-game. I'm also using 78/90 for RB auto-subs out/in, per suggestion from Aaron (aholbert32), but I haven't really gotten a good chance in pre-season, to see if the backup will get 2 or 3, or possibly 4 carries before the starter returns, with that current sub out/in setting.

In any case, I expect the Rams defense will keep me in many games, most likely (mainly because of that great front 7), but I certainly need to find a quality QB in the draft after the season. I'll trade up if I have to. The defense is ready to win now, they just need a good QB, and the receivers are capable enough, and young. As a matter of fact, most of the team is pretty young, so that's good. Just like in real life with the Rams, I believe there are only 3 starters at the age of 30 or above.

One thing is for sure, the Rams' D-line is the best in the NFL IRL and in-game. The starting line-up for me is LDE Chris Long, DT Aaron Donald (beast rookie), DT Michael Brockers, and finally the ultimate beast, RDE Robert Quinn (who I user-control). It is just overpowering for most O-lines in-game. They have the ability to be the new "Fearsome Foursome" for the Rams IRL, and especially in-game. Haha! If anyone is having problems getting penetration with CPU pass blocking at 95, look to your D-line first, and how well they match up with the player ratings of your opponent's O-line. An average to below average D-line SHOULD struggle with getting penetration against a good O-line in-game, so let me know if that isn't the case for you.

I also expect my return special teams to end up doing very well over the course of the regular season. WR Tavon Austin (97 SPD, 96 ACC) is returning punts, and WR Chris Givens (97 SPD, 94 ACC) is going to be returning kickoffs. So, lots of speed on that front.

One thing to note, I did have one injury of a lowly rated CB, with a quadricep tear. Out for 5 weeks. So, looking good so far on the injury front after 3 pre-season games played.

With all that said, on to sliders now. Specifically the penalty sliders. My holding is at 99, and I'm not really seeing them being called. I had 2 early holding calls earlier in my first pre-season game, but that WAS an anomaly. I'll keep holding at 99 though as they are called, but hardly.

The other penalties such as offsides, false start, and clipping I have re-adjusted and will do more testing with those as I play more games. I have faith I can get those 3 penalties to be called more often. I just need more time and games played.

I put facemask up to 55 from 54, and there were an unrealistic amount of facemasks. So I put that back at 54. You don't see as many at 54, but it's better than seeing 5 or 6 facemasks in a single game, from game to game.. that is just stupid and an unrealistic solution to balance out the lack of penalties.

Facemask at 54 can also get on somewhat of a hot streak though. I had 3 called in one of my games, but that is the max, thus far. Someone else testing facemask at 54 said he had 5 of them, and that is something I really don't want to see happen. So, I'm guessing anywhere from 53 to 54 for the facemask penalty, but at 53 you may hardly ever see it at all. I think 54 is still a good setting for facemask penalties. I will keep an eye on it at 54, for sure though.

As I said, I'm testing the other penalties still, and will update as soon as I think I find good settings for them all. The holding penalty is a crapshoot. You may see them, you may not.. it definitely seems to be flawed this year, but they DO get called, just not nearly often enough.

With that, I'm going to bed. I will finish my final pre-season game tomorrow, and probably get in another 1 or 2 regular season games on top of that. I plan on posting full box scores for both of those game as well, so stay tuned for the stats.

Good night.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-10-2014 at 06:42 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:14 AM   #130
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Thanks for your hard work on these Quinn .... I started a Vikings online cfm and got lit up 40-28 against the rams. Couple of things, I sacked Bradford 6 times and he only threw 8 incompletions with 0 ints. I'm playing New England now and upped pass block to 99 and lowered catch to 65. Thank you for these.
No problem, I hope you find a balance of slider settings that work best for you.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #131
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Played my first 3 pre-season games of my Rams' CFM. Started out with Saints, Packers, and Browns.. and when the starters were in, the gameplay was great on both sides of the ball, for all of the games. I'm now just looking forward to finishing that last pre-season game and getting the regular season started, so I can finally get some real games going.

One thing is for sure, the secondary was already the weakest link in the Rams' defense (but I am developing two good young up and comer rookies, CB E.J. Gaines and my nickel CB Lamarcus Joyner).. but if I lose a couple of starters in the secondary, I could have some REAL trouble stopping the pass in the long run, as I believe my rookie E.J. Gaines isn't close to being ready to cover a number 1 or 2 receiver yet. Larmarcus Joyner is already starting at nickel corner, and doing VERY well, thus far. After that, my other 2 backup CBs are no where near capable of being starters. The backups for the LBs are just okay, not that good (there was one though, Daren Bates I believe, who played lights out when he had his chance, so I didn't cut him despite being lowly rated), and the backup D-line is nowhere near as elite as the starters, but are good enough rotation players that can be developed upon a little.

My QB is Shaun Hill (I cut Sam Bradford, as he's injured again and I just don't see him making a comeback for the Rams IRL) and my backup is Case Keenum (actually on par with Hill stats-wise, but I play better with Hill for some reason), who isn't too bad, but I definitely need a good QB to do well with these Rams, especially in the NFC West. I'm also keeping two QBs this season. I cut both Garrett Gilbert and Austin Davis.

The running game is definitely going to have to perform well with Zac Stacy (87 SPD, 93 ACC, 93 AGI, 67 ELU, 91 TRK), who I think will be a workhorse in his second season. I put rookie Tre Mason (89 SPD, 94 ACC, 91 AGI, 86 ELU, 76 TRK) as my backup for a change-up in speed and some elusiveness, but he really needs to be developed more before being a good backup.. in my opinion, his trucking and elusiveness attributes need to be the main focus for him when developing, while later on, maybe either a bit more speed or acceleration. Benny Cunningham is the actual backup in real life for the Rams, but he is my 3rd back in-game. I'm also using 78/90 for RB auto-subs out/in, per suggestion from Aaron (aholbert32), but I haven't really gotten a good chance in pre-season, to see if the backup will get 2 or 3, or possibly 4 carries before the starter returns, with that current sub out/in setting.

In any case, I expect the Rams defense will keep me in many games, most likely (mainly because of that great front 7), but I certainly need to find a quality QB in the draft after the season. I'll trade up if I have to. The defense is ready to win now, they just need a good QB, and the receivers are capable enough, and young. As a matter of fact, most of the team is pretty young, so that's good. Just like in real life with the Rams, I believe there are only 3 starters at the age of 30 or above.

One thing is for sure, the Rams' D-line is the best in the NFL IRL and in-game. The starting line-up for me is LDE Chris Long, DT Aaron Donald (beast rookie), DT Michael Brockers, and finally the ultimate beast, RDE Robert Quinn (who I user-control). It is just overpowering for most O-lines in-game. They have the ability to be the new "Fearsome Foursome" for the Rams IRL, and especially in-game. Haha! If anyone is having problems getting penetration with CPU pass blocking at 95, look to your D-line first, and how well they match up with the player ratings of your opponent's O-line. An average to below average D-line SHOULD struggle with getting penetration against a good O-line in-game, so let me know if that isn't the case for you.

I also expect my return special teams to end up doing very well over the course of the regular season. WR Tavon Austin (97 SPD, 96 ACC) is returning punts, and WR Chris Givens (97 SPD, 94 ACC) is going to be returning kickoffs. So, lots of speed on that front.

One thing to note, I did have one injury of a lowly rated CB, with a quadricep tear. Out for 5 weeks. So, looking good so far on the injury front after 3 pre-season games played.

With all that said, on to sliders now. Specifically the penalty sliders. My holding is at 99, and I'm not really seeing them being called. I had 2 early holding calls earlier in my first pre-season game, but that WAS an anomaly. I'll keep holding at 99 though as they are called, but hardly.

The other penalties such as offsides, false start, and clipping I have re-adjusted and will do more testing with those as I play more games. I have faith I can get those 3 penalties to be called more often. I just need more time and games played.

I put facemask up to 55 from 54, and there were an unrealistic amount of facemasks. So I put that back at 54. You don't see as many at 54, but it's better than seeing 5 or 6 facemasks in a single game, from game to game.. that is just stupid and an unrealistic solution to balance out the lack of penalties.

Facemask at 54 can also get on somewhat of a hot streak though. I had 3 called in one of my games, but that is the max, thus far. Someone else testing facemask at 54 said he had 5 of them, and that is something I really don't want to see happen. So, I'm guessing anywhere from 53 to 54 for the facemask penalty, but at 53 you may hardly ever see it at all. I think 54 is still a good setting for facemask penalties. I will keep an eye on it at 54, for sure though.

As I said, I'm testing the other penalties still, and will update as soon as I think I find good settings for them all. The holding penalty is a crapshoot. You may see them, you may not.. it definitely seems to be flawed this year, but they DO get called, just not nearly often enough.

With that, I'm going to bed. I will finish my final pre-season game tomorrow, and probably get in another 1 or 2 regular season games on top of that. I plan on posting full box scores for both of those game as well, so stay tuned for the stats.

Good night.
Awesome Quinn, just one thing. I wouldn't trade my Bills D-line for the Rams one. Super Mario-Kyle Williams- Marcell Dareus-Hughes > Quinn-Brockers-Donald-Long
Old 09-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #132
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quinn, have seen the posts in Armors thread, about actually upping QB ACC and INT grounding actually helps in CPU QB thowing down field more and hence lowering comp%. Instead of dump passing all game. Wondering if you tested, I thought about as well. Only time i see them take shots at 25 QB ACC is losing in 4th quarter.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-10-2014, 11:01 AM   #133
Pro

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Could be an anomaly, could be the Seahawks are just rated too high in this game, but I sacked Aaron Rodgers 7 times, and Philip Rivers 11 times in my first two games. That's with 95 PBlk.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #134
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Could be an anomaly, could be the Seahawks are just rated too high in this game, but I sacked Aaron Rodgers 7 times, and Philip Rivers 11 times in my first two games. That's with 95 PBlk.
Online or offline CFM?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 4

Heartbreak.

Leading 28-20 against the Cowboys with 3 mins to play.... lost 31-28. I missed a 52yd FG as time expired as well. (I play with no kicking help)

Lost Locker and McCluster for 3 weeks each.

Positive note, your boy Mettenberger Quinn played solid.

Stats:-
Plays 127

Romo - 27/37 389yds 3TD INT (i have to admit, he went a bit robo QB at the end but nvm)
Mettenberger - 19/30 248yds 2TD

CPU rushing - 24 for 73yds TD
HUM rushing - 22 for 87yds TD

DEFENSE :
CPU - 4 Sacks, 6 TFL's
HUM - 5 Sacks, 9 TFL's

Justin Hunter dropped 2 easy passes including one that would have continued a driver for me late 4th quarter and in my opinion cost me the game. He has been benched for Kris Durham who so far had held onto everything coming in on 4 wide sets. He goes to the outside with Hunter in on 4 wides now.

3 weeks of Mettenberger should be interesting. I feel this team should be 1-1 but thats football. Onto the Bengals...

EDIT: - Load sliders before each game. Game definitely plays better imho

Last edited by Roncatto; 09-10-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #136
Rookie

OVR: 4

Rookies.....damn you... Titans fall to 0-3

Lost 16-22 in OT against the Bengals. Played soo good defensively and was leading 13-3 heading into 4th quarter until I threw a pick six.

Then I threw ANOTHER INT in OT to setup easy winning TD.

ffs

Still positives are there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »