Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Man these sliders are good. Yes I am 0-4, but it feels right that I am.

Had some close games and if I perhaps played a bit better I might actually be 2-2.

Just lost 21-28 to the Colts. Had 4 shots at the end zone from 10 yds out buy just couldn't find a gap.

CPU % is high, but other than McCourty, the rest of the DB's are pretty ****e.

Off to bed. Going to dream about my first win....
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #138
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Awesome Quinn, just one thing. I wouldn't trade my Bills D-line for the Rams one. Super Mario-Kyle Williams- Marcell Dareus-Hughes > Quinn-Brockers-Donald-Long
Oh, I know all about the Bill's D-line.. a very good one, but Quinn (5 sacks 1st year, 10.5 sacks 2nd year, 19 sacks his 3rd year and only 24 years old right now), Brockers, and Long (not even mentioning future star Aaron Donald who was a steal in the draft) are proven elite pass rushers and run stoppers, so I'll take the Rams' D-line over the Bills, that's just my opinion.

Look how that front 7 kept them in games last year, with Kellen Clemens (terrible) of all QBs. Did anyone actually watch the Seahawks game last year, where they almost won, if not for Clemens. That defense kept them close enough to win.

That lost to the Vikings this past weekend was on the secondary though, but the D-line should have been more disruptive. Still held Peterson to 75 rushing yards, it was Cordarrelle Patterson that tore them up.

None of that matters now regarding the D-line though.. to make matters worse for the Rams (as if they need any more bad luck), Long is expected to be out for 2 months after ankle surgery.. sigh.. certainly not the Rams' year this year, and Quinn unfortunately won't be getting as many sacks as the focus will shift primarily to him now, although that was going to happen regardless, after his breakout season last year. I still have hope he can break that all-time sack record though, being only 24 years old right now, and he still hasn't even reached his peak in terms of technique yet.. still much upside.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-10-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #139
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Quinn, have seen the posts in Armors thread, about actually upping QB ACC and INT grounding actually helps in CPU QB thowing down field more and hence lowering comp%. Instead of dump passing all game. Wondering if you tested, I thought about as well. Only time i see them take shots at 25 QB ACC is losing in 4th quarter.
Yeah jaa, I just took a look, and it seems Armor is still sticking with his current version of sliders.

The one thing about putting CPU QB accuracy that high, the errant passes disappear practically. What that means is, when you play a lower-tiered QB, they will basically never throw an errant pass.

10 QB accuracy was decided to be the best balance because it separated the lower-tier QBs from the average to above average QBs, then on to the elite ones. At 10 accuracy errant passes for the below average QBs are there in numbers, and they slightly decrease as you go up with QB talent. From Peyton Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees you will see very few, maybe a couple of errant passes. With QBs like Chad Henne for example, or even another lowly-rated QB, you'll see them miss on passes much more often, lowering their completion percentage in return, and not seeing lower-tiered QBs become robo QBs. It's also the same for the user, in most cases.

That's why Armor and I both decided the so-called "sweet spot" for QB accuracy was at 10.

I am hearing from some others that the above average to elite QBs go deep more, but I'd need to start playing against those QBs more, first. Also, it depends on how the CPU is doing in-game. They ALWAYS take what you give them. If the short passing game and rushing attack is working, then they stick with it, because you can't stop it. That's where using the Formations tab comes in and you start calling the right plays to stop it.

Stop the run and short dump offs, and you'll definitely see more passing (and deep passing) from the QB, regardless of their talent. So, I'd have to see proof for myself if the QBs are taking a lot more deep shots, because at 60 CPU QB accuracy, it will definitely make the lower-tier QBs play MUCH better. I doubt you'd see many if any errant passes from them. And most likely, completely none from above average or elite QBs.

Don't get me wrong though, I would make a change if QBs (I would need to see this often), would start taking more deep passes randomly, as I don't see it enough, but be sure if you do stop the CPU's rushing attack and short passing game (if they go to it), then you will also see the CPU QB go to intermediate and long routes.

As for the intentional grounding setting, it's always been believed to make the QB get rid of the ball faster the lower you go, and around 10, they "should" still get rid of it quicker (not quick enough sometimes, in my opinion), while also making the CPU QBs who are tend to scramble, actually try scrambling and running sometimes when the pressure is coming, instead of throwing it away. We had that at 5 at one point, then bumped it up to 10, and I do see QBs like Manziel and Rodgers tuck it and run instead of throwing it away sometimes, with it at 10 (kind of a sweet spot). I don't see how it makes CPU QBs throw the ball deeper, more often though.

All I know is I'll either need to see a twitch stream of a game where the CPU QBs are taking deep shots often enough, to be convinced (I still see them with my settings though), to make any changes regarding the CPU QB accuracy (which can really unbalance some things) and intentional grounding. Or try it for myself. I'm not saying these new sliders don't do that, but I need some proof of it, or many other players who have played those slider changes all agreeing the QBs ARE taking many more deep shots, due to CPU QB accuracy and intentional grounding sliders. For now, I'm going to stick with these current sliders and play out some regular season games, and let others test the changes and keep an eye on the opinions of others in that particular thread. If there is an overwhelmingly positive response to the changes, then he may be on to something, but it still affects the previously mentioned gameplay mechanics with the QBs.

That is just my opinion on those changes, though.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-10-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #140
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Im about to broadcast with those 2 settings back at 10, and 95 cpu pass block.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #141
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Could be an anomaly, could be the Seahawks are just rated too high in this game, but I sacked Aaron Rodgers 7 times, and Philip Rivers 11 times in my first two games. That's with 95 PBlk.
I'm going to just go ahead and say in plenty games I've played thus far, the sack totals have dropped some, after they put out the tuner updates, where I was easily getting 10 and 14 sacks a game no problem with the Rams' front 7, pre-tuner updates.

BUT, there STILL seems to be games where there are too many sacks taking place, especially if you have a good front 7, or are blitzing a lot with LBs who are able to get through untouched or have higher block-shedding. This is also goes for CB blitz from the edge, but those are sometimes legit, in my opinion, as the CB is blitzing fast from the QB's blindside.

EA SHOULD, in my opinion tweak it again to lower the sacks even more, but this is what we have for now. We'll see what happens. It's not nearly as bad as it was pre-tuner updates, when it happened gamer after game after game, but I do still see some high sack total on the CPU QB from time to time, even at 95 CPU pass blocking.

I haven't played with an average or below average front 7, so maybe anyone playing with those defenses aren't getting as many sacks, as it should be. I do know the elite front 7 defenses are doing a tad bit too well sometimes at 95 pass blocking, still. Just not EVERY game, but still enough for it to be annoying sometimes.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-10-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #142
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Im about to broadcast with those 2 settings back at 10, and 95 cpu pass block.
I'll probably be playing my CFM around that time, unforunately. I would like to check it out though. Let me know how it does goes man. My interest is peaked a little, but I'm still somewhat skeptical. I definitely could be wrong though.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-10-2014 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #143
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Agreed on CPU accuracy at 10 Quinn. I know you and I are getting great games and chess matches with our settings. It's all about what you want. I was shutting down Lacy and the short stuff and Rodgers started going intermediate and deep on me....and hit a few big plays.

Against the Lions....I could not slow down Reggie Bush and I focused on double teaming Calvin so he went to Ebron and Tate all day. Plus they ran the ball so well.

20-14 road loss to a Lions offense that was so explosive and a front 4 that I was able to run on....even though I lost...I felt a small victory for my team to come home and get a win vs the Bills tonight. I gotta play again tonight...LOL...this game is pure drugs for me right now. Thanks for all the scouting reports on the Bills too my friend.

So happy how well it plays!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM   #144
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Agreed on CPU accuracy at 10 Quinn. I know you and I are getting great games and chess matches with our settings. It's all about what you want. I was shutting down Lacy and the short stuff and Rodgers started going intermediate and deep on me....and hit a few big plays.

Against the Lions....I could not slow down Reggie Bush and I focused on double teaming Calvin so he went to Ebron and Tate all day. Plus they ran the ball so well.

20-14 road loss to a Lions offense that was so explosive and a front 4 that I was able to run on....even though I lost...I felt a small victory for my team to come home and get a win vs the Bills tonight. I gotta play again tonight...LOL...this game is pure drugs for me right now. Thanks for all the scouting reports on the Bills too my friend.

So happy how well it plays!!!
No problem, my man. Great minds think alike, and I think we got this one right, or at least as close to right with what we were given by EA. Game on, and enjoy my friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »