Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 19 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #145
Pro

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm going to just go ahead and say in plenty games I've played thus far, the sack totals have dropped some, after they put out the tuner updates, where I was easily getting 10 and 14 sacks a game no problem with the Rams' front 7, pre-tuner updates.

BUT, there STILL seems to be games where three are too many sacks taking place, especially if you have a good front 7, or are blitzing a lot with LBs who are able to get through untouched or have higher block-shedding. This is also goes for CB blitz from the edge, but those are sometimes legit, in my opinion, as the CB is blitzing fast from the QB's blindside.

EA SHOULD, in my opinion tweak it again to lower the sacks even more, but this is what we have for now. We'll see what happens. It's not nearly as bad as it was pre-tuner updates, when it happened gamer after game after game, but I do still see some high sack total on the CPU QB from time to time, even at 95 CPU pass blocking.

I haven't played with an average or below average front 7, so maybe anyone playing with those defenses aren't getting as many sacks, as it should be. I do know the elite front 7 defenses are doing a tad bit too well sometimes at 95 pass blocking, still. Just not EVERY game, but still enough for it to be annoying sometimes.
Yeah the blitzing in particular is what jacks it up. I will get a sack literally every play if I call a safety blitz.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #146
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm going to just go ahead and say in plenty games I've played thus far, the sack totals have dropped some, after they put out the tuner updates, where I was easily getting 10 and 14 sacks a game no problem with the Rams' front 7, pre-tuner updates.

BUT, there STILL seems to be games where three are too many sacks taking place, especially if you have a good front 7, or are blitzing a lot with LBs who are able to get through untouched or have higher block-shedding. This is also goes for CB blitz from the edge, but those are sometimes legit, in my opinion, as the CB is blitzing fast from the QB's blindside.

EA SHOULD, in my opinion tweak it again to lower the sacks even more, but this is what we have for now. We'll see what happens. It's not nearly as bad as it was pre-tuner updates, when it happened gamer after game after game, but I do still see some high sack total on the CPU QB from time to time, even at 95 CPU pass blocking.

I haven't played with an average or below average front 7, so maybe anyone playing with those defenses aren't getting as many sacks, as it should be. I do know the elite front 7 defenses are doing a tad bit too well sometimes at 95 pass blocking, still. Just not EVERY game, but still enough for it to be annoying sometimes.
I'm still having a lot of sacks in my Bills online CCM. But i don't known if it's most on my D-Line who is really great. I'm having a lot of coverage sacks. I like to play the MLB in coverage, and rush 4 only, like the Bills do a lot. The opposing QBs hold the ball forever and don't force it, just take the sack on the great majority of the time. I think i will really need to play with the edited rosters.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #147
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
I'm still having a lot of sacks in my Bills online CCM. But i don't known if it's most on my D-Line who is really great. I'm having a lot of coverage sacks. I like to play the MLB in coverage, and rush 4 only, like the Bills do a lot. The opposing QBs hold the ball forever and don't force it, just take the sack on the great majority of the time. I think i will really need to play with the edited rosters.
What kind of sack totals are you seeing with the Bill's D? Is it consistent, or every other game? You are right though, the Bill's D-line is pretty dang good, and the front 7 as well, so you will probably have more sacks than a weaker front 7, on 95 CPU pass blocking.

I actually should do some testing with an average to below average front 7 or D-line, and if see for myself if they struggle to get as much penetration, or any pressure in general against an average or good to great O-line. I'm thinking the really good front 7/D-lines are the ones getting the penetration all the time. Plus, take into account the O-line's player ratings you are playing against, compared to your front 7's.

As for the Seahawks, calling safety blitz with those safeties I could imagine some sacks. I've called the same play with my safeties and don't have nearly the same success. They get picked up more often than not. Or they just don't get there in time, and cause more pressure, maybe an errant throw though. Sometimes I get lucky on safety blitz and get a sack, but I've been burned DEEP on pass plays as well, with that play safety blitz and my weak secondary.

EA could do a little more though to fix the sack totals, in my opinion. The sack totals still seem kind of inconsistent, but we may have to just live with it, unfortunately. Or play with bad defenses. lol.. Hopefully they tweak it a bit more though.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-10-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #148
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
The only problem with this is, if you plan on playing that CFM for a while, you can't edit the rookies coming in. Which is why, I believe, Armor stopped using them to counter the amount of sacks within CFM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #149
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I gave up on mine, just going with yours. To many wacky things going on with a lot of default settings. Still not convinced that penalty sliders do not effect gameplay, when I change them it seems different play.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #150
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

The only difference is the normal speed with Armor sliders.?
Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #151
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

So now Im having this issue on defense. The CPU QB absolutely tearing me up.

NOT because he keeps just throwing dink and dunks down the field, I'm talking, no matter what defense i run, he will find someone wide open all over the field.

Its in infuriating.

Quinn, how high do you think I can go on the pass coverage slider before getting cheesy?
Old 09-11-2014, 01:45 AM   #152
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

yeah I just played Wilson and the hawks with the pack and he finished

22-25 288 yards 3TD's ... he was 16 from 16 at one point. he also got sacked 7 times.

I think I have a string of games where they're all great, but at the core of this game there is a massive underlying flaw (that could break out at any given moment) with the QB AI -- ie robo qb, or holds onto it in the pocket too long for an easy sack.

in general there is no scrambling plays from qb's when the pocket does collapse.

the more you play it, and the more you watch real nfl, the more you realise there's a helluva long way to go for madden to be a full realistic sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »