Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Sweet. Your sliders are pretty close to mine. The only thing that I really differ with you on is on WR Catching and PI Penalties. I'm not sure if the penalties have an adverse effect on game play so I actually have all of my penalties close to default (between 50-55). I believe I'm within 5-10 of your sliders on everything else.

Also, I'm not using the QB edits and I don't know if it's because I changed PI from 99 to 50, but in the past 4 games I'm only averaging 2 sacks per game, which I'm extremely happy about... Especially since I had 22 in my first 2 games. The only thing that I know that could've really changed things that much was the PI slider.

My biggest problem now is finding away for my D to tighten up Zone's a little bit and to actually guard the flats. If I can fix that and get the QB completion percentages down a little bit, I should be set.
That's good to hear man. Especially not seeing as many sacks. I've kept the PI sliders at 99 as Armor has them, as I really never tested that one too much, and found it not really affecting my gameplay negatively, but maybe I could take a second look at it. Thus far, I'm still having some good games with this set, so I probably won't make many if any changes. But anyone that wants to try these out can tweaked to their hearts content.

EDIT: Also see that you're in Baton Rouge too. Small word! lol.. but a Bama fan, booo!

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-04-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #10
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

For any of you guys interested in this type of stuff, curiosity got the best of me and I did some speed comparisons. Here's how it worked: went into practice mode, spotted the ball on the two called a gun spread something or other and hot routed all 4 receivers to run streaks. The way the formation shook out put Larry Fitzgerald and Ted Gin Jr. Directly on the goal line, I ran the play(no defense) and afterwords timed the players using replay and my IPhone. I ran the replay 10 times each for both players, after 10 runs, Ted Gin's 40 time was roughly 4.37 and Fitzgerald was roughly 4.59 I then looked up each player's 40 times and the numbers were comparable. My settings?
Normal speed, 50 threshold. Just something to chew on.
Old 09-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #11

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
That's good to hear man. Especially not seeing as many sacks. I've kept the PI sliders at 99 as Armor has them, as I really never tested that one too much, and found it not really affecting my gameplay negatively, but maybe I could take a second look at it. Thus far, I'm still having some good games with this set, so I probably won't make many if any changes. But anyone that wants to try these out can tweaked to their hearts content.

EDIT: Also see that you're in Baton Rouge too. Small word! lol.. but a Bama fan, booo!
Yeah, I'll compare mine to your later, but I think there're pretty close. And like I said if I can just get the CPU QB's % down a little, then I'll be really happy.

Lastly, yeah I'm in Baton Rouge. I've been here for 6 and a half years now. I married a chick from here, the 25th of this month is our 2 year anniversary, so I guess I'm stuck here now.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 09-04-2014 at 05:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 05:33 PM   #12
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
For any of you guys interested in this type of stuff, curiosity got the best of me and I did some speed comparisons. Here's how it worked: went into practice mode, spotted the ball on the two called a gun spread something or other and hot routed all 4 receivers to run streaks. The way the formation shook out put Larry Fitzgerald and Ted Gin Jr. Directly on the goal line, I ran the play(no defense) and afterwords timed the players using replay and my IPhone. I ran the replay 10 times each for both players, after 10 runs, Ted Gin's 40 time was roughly 4.37 and Fitzgerald was roughly 4.59 I then looked up each player's 40 times and the numbers were comparable. My settings?

Normal speed, 50 threshold. Just something to chew on.

I did a similar test and got the same general result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM   #13
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Yeah, I'll compare mine to your later, but I think there're pretty close. And like I said if I can just get the CPU QB's % down a little, then I'll be really happy.

Lastly, yeah I'm in Baton Rouge. I've been here for 6 and a half years now. I married a chick from here, the 25th of this month is our 2 year anniversary, so I guess I'm stuck here now.
I got to show some love to my peeps I am from New Orleans and of course a huge LSU fan!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

To armor and Quinn great slider .i tried it on normal speed it played great.i am not great but I think at age 62 I enjoy a great game I am going to try Quinn's edits to settings
Old 09-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #15
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I did a similar test and got the same general result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is interesting. I have only tried testing the threshold slider at 50, 35, 25, and where I settled 0.

I never did think to test and see what results would occur running a player in a dash.

If that's the case, then either the threshold makes no difference, but I believe it does, as I have used Tavon Austin enough to "feel" on the field during gameplay at a higher threshold, and finally at 0. To me, it feels like I get more separation from some defenders who just shouldn't be able to keep up with him.

I also, think the threshold slider in this year's game is not sensitive at all. Last year, you put on 0, you had RBs bumping into the back of O-lineman pulling to block, or passing them up completely. I was thinking this year's threshold slider was just VERY non-responsive, so dropping it to 0 would fix the separation problem for the speedsters in the NFL.

Maybe it's a placebo though? Testing it a dash at 0 threshold would be interesting as well. I've also noticed the O-linemen at 0 threshold are no longer too slow to pull on a block, but this test does make me question the slider now.

EDIT: One thing that bothered me early on in my tweaking was when I threw a pick six of about 45-50 yards. Tavon Austin was the receiver, and it was a Raider's CB that picked it off, at 35 threshold (A&S's early threshold setting), I could not catch this CB with Austin. While he actually, very little mind you, gained ground on me on that 50 yard return. I was user-controlling Austin and speed bursting, so I didn't like that I couldn't catch a guy I know Austin with his speed in-game would be able to track down. That is when I made the decision to drop to 25, play some more, then finally dropped to 0 threshold, and somewhat felt some separation for a player like Austin, finally.

But if testing proves the 40 times of certain players are not changed by threshold, then that does make me question the slider, regardless of what I've felt on the field. Then again, this is to separate the slowest of players from the faster (we all know most NFL players IRL move fast regardless of position). I'll still leave it at 0 for now though, but anyone can keep testing off these sliders. That is certainly encouraged.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-04-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #16
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I got to show some love to my peeps I am from New Orleans and of course a huge LSU fan!!!
Hey brother, glad to have you here. This season is actually my 19th year with LSU season tickets. I also plan to make some Saints games this year as well. Already have my tickets for the MNF game against the Baltimore Ravens. I'm looking forward to that one. We are planning on staying at the Hyatt Regency hotel across the street from Dome for two nights for that game. Can't wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »