Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #169
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quinn,
Do you think game speed affects threshold at all? Currently on slow, have played normal, but am stuck between which i want to use. I have threshold at 0, as described, yet, Jamaal Charles gets chased down by linebackers. On occasion it's from behind, normally from a slight angle. It's starting to piss me off, I expect him to break one every now and then but the biggest yards I can get from him are 15yd gains on screen passes to be tackled from behind by a LB.
Donald Butler, who has pretty decent speed, chased me down. He took a great angle, but I still think a burner like Charles should take the outside edge a lot better. Then when u checked the replay, there was a lineman in the middle of the field who was running neck to neck with me. Granted I wasn't using my speed burst, but still.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #170
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT2006
Quinn,
Do you think game speed affects threshold at all? Currently on slow, have played normal, but am stuck between which i want to use. I have threshold at 0, as described, yet, Jamaal Charles gets chased down by linebackers. On occasion it's from behind, normally from a slight angle. It's starting to piss me off, I expect him to break one every now and then but the biggest yards I can get from him are 15yd gains on screen passes to be tackled from behind by a LB.
Donald Butler, who has pretty decent speed, chased me down. He took a great angle, but I still think a burner like Charles should take the outside edge a lot better. Then when u checked the replay, there was a lineman in the middle of the field who was running neck to neck with me. Granted I wasn't using my speed burst, but still.
I have read other members complaining it is hard to get back the LOS on slow speed, with your RBs. I also believe though, it can be easier to run on slow, because since everything is moving a tad bit slower, the holes are wide open for you to hit and don't seem to close as quickly. On normal the pace is quicker so you have to be on your toes when finding the holes to hit.

I don't know if it's true that it is harder to get past the LOS as a RB on slow speed, but on normal at 0 threshold (and I'm sorry, but whatever anyone else says, 0 threshold is the way to go), and with a 87 spd, 93 acc RB, I can go off-tackle and get some blocks set up for a gain. Sometimes they can go long, but with Zac Stacy, he really isn't a speedster, more of stout, tackle-breaking running back, so I tend to stick to running up the gut... but on normal speed at 0 threshold I can still get yards. Just takes patience sometimes, and a good block or two. With Tre Mason, it's a little easier to run out wide due to him being a little quicker. That's all I can really say about that, man. Hope you find a setting that works.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM   #171
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

By the way, next up is the 1-1 Cowboys at the Rams. Their OFF Rank is 29 and their DEF Rank is 26. We'll see how it goes. They are riddled with injuries, not to mention Romo is out for 29 weeks with a complete ACL tear... go figure.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-11-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #172
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
By the way, next up is the 1-1 Cowboys at the Rams. Their OFF Rank is 29 and their DEF Rank is 26. We'll see how it goes.
Have edited the front page with your slider settings?
Old 09-11-2014, 12:01 PM   #173
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

Well, I restarted my franchise game against the chargers, using normal speed instead of slow. Yes, the pace is much faster, but I've always been pretty patient on my runs only utilizing sprint to burst into the open.
On just one series, I already feel a difference. I've been tackled behind the LoS once with Charles because i didnt adjust my play call. Linebacker burst through a hole and got to me immediately. But, on other runs, that I set up nice, I've had really good short yardage gains. 4 yd average on 6 runs. I think the run game is better with normal speed, seems like speed rating is a factor now.
3rd and 6, screen pass to Knile Davis, bursts through a hole and wide open run down the sideline, controller dies! Damn!
It almost seems too easy right now, but in my franchise the Chargers have the 30th ranked defense and it feels like it so I will play a few more and see.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #174
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Have edited the front page with your slider settings?

Yeah, everything right now is current, except I am still testing 2 penalty sliders is all. The others are final.

I moved clipping from 70 to 75.

I moved Intentional Grounding down to 1 from 10.

I haven't updated that in the OP, because I am just testing to see if I can get the clipping penalties called. If so, then I am done with penalties, because I am getting a nice balance of them.

As for the Intentional Grounding, I'm going back to the old M25 idea that lower will make the QB throw the ball away more, but that is just a last ditch effort to see if I can lower these damn sack totals.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-11-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:16 PM   #175
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I am making a final change to the gameplay sliders. This is the final change, and the only things I am working on now, is testing the clipping penalty slider and the intentional grounding slider. The other penalty sliders and the auto-subs are final.

I am moving WR catching for the user and CPU down to 80 from 85

This is my FINAL change to the gameplay sliders. No more changes.

This change will be adjusted in the OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I am making a final change to the gameplay sliders. This is the final change, and the only things I am working on now, is testing the clipping penalty slider and the intentional grounding slider. The other penalty sliders and the auto-subs are final.

I am moving WR catching for the user and CPU down to 80 from 85

This is my FINAL change to the gameplay sliders. No more changes.

This change will be adjusted in the OP.
I don't know if you want to add this to the OP, but I cannot stress enough that you need to load in the sliders each week. I tested it out and the games played much better when I reloaded it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »