Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 24 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Hey Roncatto, gratz on the win, finally.

I don't know if you've kept up with last 4 or 5 pages or so, but I've made some slight changes to the gameplay sliders. I don't know if you saw them already, but they were updated in the original post. Those are the final gameplay sliders. No more changes to them from here on out.

I'm only testing the clipping penalty slider now, as well as testing intentional grounding down to 1 from 5 and 10.

If I can get the clipping penalty to start being called once in a while, I'll be done with penalties. As for intentional grounding at 1, that remains to be seen, but that is only a minor change, and hope that it somehow will lessen sacks marginally... although I am skeptical. We'll see..
Yes the last 2 games were with the tweaks.

Confidence is massive in this game and I really mean massive. I spent some time building defense up and just beat the Jags 3-17 at home.

Stats:-

PASSING
Bortles - 22/33 175yds 2INT
Mettenberger - 18/29 144yds TD

RUSHING
Gerhart - 14 for 32yds - STUFFED lol
Greene - 27 for 122yds TD - He really is playing well.

DEFENSE
Jags - Sacks 5, TFL 8
Titans - Sacks 5, TFL 9

So played my 2 weakest opponents and up to 2-4 now.

SIDE NOTE:-

So 6 games in here is total stats for ME so far - wanted to get to this point cos it shows the averages.

TOTAL PASSING - 129/208 for 1372yds - 9TD 8INT - 228 YPG
TOTAL RUSHING - 135 for 550yds 3TD FUM - 91.66 YPG
TOTAL DEFENSE - Sacks - 22 - (that's only 3.5 per game. Not over the top), 8 INT, 4FF, 3FR, 2TD

Conclusion - I gained 12 sacks against 2 very weak teams (Browns and Jags) and only 10 vs the other 4 higher rated teams. QB IQ imho is working well. Manziel and Bortles not throwing it away/panicking and playing as rookies do, the rest solid.

I know this is only over 6 games but I've played the Chiefs, Cowboys, Bengals, Colts, Browns and Jags. A decent mixture.

As I keep saying as I wanted people to enjoy this, RELOAD SLIDERS each week and play online CCM as is better.

Thats enough for me tonight, Quinn really well done with these. I'll post lots more over weekend when have more time to rack up the season.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #186
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I started over my online cfm with latest ea roster all Quinns settings with my Falcons, no roster moves besides picking up Champ Bailey and Kolb in FA due to roster injuries. First 2 games were excellent, will post some box scores here when I have laptop.

Saints 31 at Falcons(me) 28 in OT - virtual saints get payback
Falcons 28 at Bengals 26 - I stop their 2 pt conversion to end game.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #187
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I started over my online cfm with latest ea roster all Quinns settings with my Falcons, no roster moves besides picking up Champ Bailey and Kolb in FA due to roster injuries. First 2 games were excellent, will post some box scores here when I have laptop.

Saints 31 at Falcons(me) 28 in OT - virtual saints get payback
Falcons 28 at Bengals 26 - I stop their 2 pt conversion to end game.
I won't be playing anymore games tonight, but I will get some more in tomorrow.

If you see this and plan on playing again tonight, try clipping at 80 and see what happens. I'm still testing it. Started at 65, and have gone up by increments of 5's, and still haven't seen one in 7 games. Last game I played I had it at 75, now to try 80. I'll keep going up until they start popping up more, then I'm done with penalties. The rest of the penalties are being called in great balance per game, in my opinion. Varied and numerous.

Also IG at 1 as well. I updated the OP with both temporary changes anyway. Let me know how it goes jaa, thanks.

By the way, anyone interested in how these sliders are performing, check the last 3-4 pages. I have my first 3 regular season games with write-ups and full box scores for each.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-11-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #188
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quinn love the sliders and it is amazing the difference between online and offline. For the last two weeks I've been playing play now and mostly dominating the computer with these and other slider sets.

I finally decided to start an online cfm and I chose the Bills at random because they are a team that needs a lot of work.

I've only played one preseason game so far but a couple quick things.

1. I got dominated out of the gate, I was down 27-7 at halftime!

2. Had 4 injuries in the game 3 for them and 1 for me, is that a rare thing or do you see quite a few injuries in your cfm?

3. How do you play defense? As mentioned earlier i was getting crushed in the first half and I was switching on what defender to play as, but always playing on player lock with the defense cam. When I was being blown away I was picking plays based off of the suggestions, but in the second half I decided to start calling my own defensive plays based off what I thought should be called. It made a huge difference. I started slowing them down finally and ended up only giving up 3 points in the second half. Just wondering how you go about defense?

4. Last thing was QB play and maybe its a one game aberration, but the Panthers QB's didn't throw their 1st incompletion until midway through the 3rd qtr! Newton went perfect and Webb ended up 13-17 for 122 yards himself.

Again man enjoying the sliders and glad to finally be challenged once I switched to playing online. Looking forward to your thoughts!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #189
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBSports
Quinn love the sliders and it is amazing the difference between online and offline. For the last two weeks I've been playing play now and mostly dominating the computer with these and other slider sets.

I finally decided to start an online cfm and I chose the Bills at random because they are a team that needs a lot of work.

I've only played one preseason game so far but a couple quick things.

1. I got dominated out of the gate, I was down 27-7 at halftime!

2. Had 4 injuries in the game 3 for them and 1 for me, is that a rare thing or do you see quite a few injuries in your cfm?

3. How do you play defense? As mentioned earlier i was getting crushed in the first half and I was switching on what defender to play as, but always playing on player lock with the defense cam. When I was being blown away I was picking plays based off of the suggestions, but in the second half I decided to start calling my own defensive plays based off what I thought should be called. It made a huge difference. I started slowing them down finally and ended up only giving up 3 points in the second half. Just wondering how you go about defense?

4. Last thing was QB play and maybe its a one game aberration, but the Panthers QB's didn't throw their 1st incompletion until midway through the 3rd qtr! Newton went perfect and Webb ended up 13-17 for 122 yards himself.

Again man enjoying the sliders and glad to finally be challenged once I switched to playing online. Looking forward to your thoughts!
51 for injuries is a good spot, a "sweet spot" if you will. You don't see too many injuries, but you will still see some. Especially when the fatigue starts to set in, but that's what the auto-subs are for. It could have just been one of those games, a bad one for you. lol..

As for defense, I solely use the D cam and play as the RDE. I don't player lock, but usually by the time if I do switch, the my CPU defenders have already made a play on the ball, but sometimes I can lay the wood from time to time.. or sometimes whiff on the tackle. lol..

As for play calling, I do not use Coach Suggestions. I prefer to "play" the X's and O's game myself, and use the Formations tab to call specific plays in certain downs and distances. I find it more fun, as well as realistic. Also, if gives you a chance to counter whatever may be working for the CPU's offense. I understand some players like the idea of the "coaches" calling the plays (and to each their own), using the Coach Suggestions, but being able to decide when to be aggressive and call zone blitz plays, with a mix of maybe some man blitz, along with regular zone and man coverage schemes give you more control of the game, and countering the offense.. BUT, it still provides a challenge, because if you don't know what you're doing, and calling the wrong plays, you WILL get burned, whether be a run or pass play. Sometimes I'll back off of the aggressive play-calling if that starts happening. With Coach Suggestions, I find it takes the strategy out of the defensive play-calling, which I like to have at my disposal. That's how I play D.

As for Newton putting up high passing numbers, refer back to using Formations and find a way to counter any underneath routes, running plays, or intermediate routes. The plays on defense are there, you just need to call them on the right down and distances. You also have to realize you can't stop everything. I do know the Bills have a great D-line, a good MLB in Brandon Spikes, but I'm not sure about their secondary. You have to take into account your strengths and weaknesses as well.

Hope you enjoy the sliders.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-11-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:41 PM   #190
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Twitch: Hunkerdownuga

Broadcasting week 3 game in my online falcons cfm; against bucs, using quinns settings. If you would like to join my cfm, GT: Hunkerdown on xbone. Send me message.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-11-2014, 09:28 PM   #191
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga

Broadcasting week 3 game in my online falcons cfm; against bucs, using quinns settings. If you would like to join my cfm, GT: Hunkerdown on xbone. Send me message.
Hey man, I tried checking out your stream (while watching the steelers and ravens lol), and it's messed up. It's either your feed, or on my end, or on twitch's end. Also, when I chat to you in the chat box, you are definitely not seeing the chat, as I am not getting a response.

Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing someone stream these sliders, and seeing someone else play them as they are, with a different team.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #192
Rookie

jdawg26's Arena

Had Trent Richardson break a tackle in the backfield then take it 80 yards to the house. How unsim lol. Loving these sliders so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »