Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 28 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #217
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Important to note, these settings are made for online cfm in mind, test there to make sure happy first.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #218
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Important to note, these settings are made for online cfm in mind, test there to make sure happy first.
Yes, this is important to note. Also, I tested these on normal speed, but I'm almost entirely sure they should translate well to slow speed as well. There shouldn't be a reason they don't, if you prefer to play on slow speed. Just something to keep in mind though.

Also jaa, you shouldn't feel so bad about what AP did to your Faclons on the ground after seeing what McCoy put up on my front 7. SMH lol..

Watching some college football today. Not many great games on though. I'll be watching the Georgia vs. South Carolina game to see what Gurley does. UCLA and Texas play (could be interesting), but I'll be watching LSU play their cupcake, in UL-Monroe.

I should get that 49ers and Seahawks game in some time tonight though.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-13-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #219
Rookie

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Kudos to you and Armor these sliders are great. Currently I am using them with a vikings franchise and have had some challenging games. AP is a beast and i average about 110 yards a game. I just lowered the run blocking for user to 50 as i felt that i could get to 100 yards a game pretty easy with it at 55. Seems to be more of a challenge now but still getting pretty good yards.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #220
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynbks4
Kudos to you and Armor these sliders are great. Currently I am using them with a vikings franchise and have had some challenging games. AP is a beast and i average about 110 yards a game. I just lowered the run blocking for user to 50 as i felt that i could get to 100 yards a game pretty easy with it at 55. Seems to be more of a challenge now but still getting pretty good yards.
Glad they are working to your satisfaction. No problem on the user run blocking tweak, as I put these up for people asking for them, and encouraged tweaking if they think it needs it, for them.

Plus, AP is a beast though. I see no problem with him getting about 100 or so yards a game. Now, if you could put up like 150-200+ yards (which he has already put up IRL) on some of the best defenses in the game, then I could see a change that needs to be made.

As Zac Stacy, who is somewhat slow (87 spd, 93 acc), but can break tackles and truck well (95 trucking now), he gets about the right amount of yardage for me, as he's no speedster. I play the 49ers next, so that will be an interesting test for my running game. If I can't sustain drives, oh boy...

Glad you like them though, and I do encourage tweaking off this base set as well. Whatever works best for you.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-13-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:14 PM   #221
Rookie

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Glad they are working to you satisfaction. No problem on the run blocking tweak, as I put these up for people asking for them, and encouraged tweaking if they think it needs it, for them.

Plus, AP is a beast though. I see no problem with him getting about 100 or so yards a game. Now, if you could put up like 150-200+ yards (which he has already put up IRL) on some of the best defenses in the game, then I could see a change that needs to be made. As Zac Stacy, who is slow, but can break tackles and truck well, he gets about the right amount of yardage for me, as he's no speedster. I play the 49ers next, so that will be interesting test for my run game. If I can't sustain drives, oh boy...

Glad like them, and I do encourage tweaking off this base set as well. Whatever works best for you.
Yea zac stacy can break them long runs in space tho. Yea i play with 8 min quarters so i like to mix my run and pass calls. I have had 150 yard games but only about 2 and thats because i couldnt pass on certain teams out the gate. Good luck against the niners though pat will beast mode lol
Old 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #222
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

So far, I've figured out that the clipping penalty is much as the same as the holding penalty. It gets called, but very seldom and random. The slider adjustments basically do very little to increase the amount of calls, if they actually do anything to manipulate the calls, at all for those two, which used to be called often in M25.

One penalty that I have seen work beautifully, is the offside penalty slider.

I had a defensive tackle jump offsides on a QB fake-hiking the ball, then immediately snapping it to catch him offsides for the penalty. In the same game, I also an an encroachment call on one of my defensive linemen as well.

I have seen this happen in more than one game, but I am increasing the offside penalty to 85 from 80. That is my last change to any penalty, besides clipping (still testing it).

I am moving the clipping penalty slider to 90 from 85, now. I am going to play with it at 90 for at least three games, and see how it goes.

You can change the offside penalty to 85 and the clipping penalty to 90.

As for the other penalties, I am still seeing a nice mix of facemasks, false start, offsides, roughing the passer (this was my fault), and every once in a while, one or multiple holding calls in games. Now, just to get clipping called 1-2 times every couple or few games would be nice.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-13-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #223
Rookie

Quinn,

These sliders are legit. Just played my first two games with them and big thing I'm seeing is the QB accuracy is not stupid high. Played Seahawks (me) against the Panthers. The final was 19-0, but it played so well. Seattle stiffled Cam all day long, and he couldn't do anythign. In the end he had a 55% completion percentage, and only threw for 150 yards with two very bad interceptions under pressure. The sacks were not too bad, and the huge thing is that I wasn't dominating with Marshawn Lynch. I can typically get 150+ yards easy with other sliders, however with this set (Which I agree completely about Normal speed), I finished with 98 yards on 22 carries. That just made me smile.

Thanks for the work man, I'll keep watching what updates you have.

Cheers!
Old 09-14-2014, 12:04 AM   #224
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blud84
Quinn,

These sliders are legit. Just played my first two games with them and big thing I'm seeing is the QB accuracy is not stupid high. Played Seahawks (me) against the Panthers. The final was 19-0, but it played so well. Seattle stiffled Cam all day long, and he couldn't do anythign. In the end he had a 55% completion percentage, and only threw for 150 yards with two very bad interceptions under pressure. The sacks were not too bad, and the huge thing is that I wasn't dominating with Marshawn Lynch. I can typically get 150+ yards easy with other sliders, however with this set (Which I agree completely about Normal speed), I finished with 98 yards on 22 carries. That just made me smile.

Thanks for the work man, I'll keep watching what updates you have.

Cheers!
Glad you had some enjoyable games, blud.

Yeah, that Panthers' front 7 is still a legitimately good front 7, overall. Luke Kuechly is a beast of a LB (such quick pursuit speed) in real life, and I haven't played against that defense yet in M15, but in M25 he was all over the field. So, I can see somewhat of a battle of your running game against that front 7 of theirs. Then, you have Greg Hardy to worry about as well (I expect a suspension for him IRL eventually).

And with the tougher running against the more elite defenses, when you do break that 125+ yards rushing mark, it feels good, and earned. I am speaking of that also with the better RBs, as I doubt someone like Zac Stacy for the Rams can put up 150 yards on the 49ers' front 7, but an Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, LeSean McCoy, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, among a couple others, all can put up good rushing numbers from game to game, for the most part.

As for their offense doing poorly, I'm not surprised. I'm glad it is reflected realistically in-game, as their offense is very weak this year.. and I have no doubt this year they go from first to worst in the NFC south.

They have a RB in DeAngelo Williams who isn't getting any younger (31 years old, but still an okay tackle-breaker), no real receivers to speak of, except for their "star" rookie WR Kelvin Benjamin, an average TE in Greg Olsen, and a very mediocre offensive line. I would hope you got some sacks and pressure on Newton in that game, as you should have.

So, considering the Panthers' above average front 7 on D, and their now mediocre O overall, that shutout sounds good to me, especially with the Seahawks.

Sounds like you had a good game play out, and I'm glad to to hear it.

I probably won't be able to get any games in tonight, but I'll definitely be playing the 49ers and Seahawks tomorrow night, with the usual write-up and full box scores. Hopefully I can slow down their running game a bit. I think I'll do better with my front 7, against the slower but more bruising backs, but I do expect them to break tackles often, as Gore and Lynch should. I have a good gameplan already in mind regarding my play-calling for both of these upcoming games, so we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

Also, keep me up to date for future games. Or even better, post up a box score (if you have the time that is) so we can get a better idea of how the games have been playing out for you.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-14-2014 at 03:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »