Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:41 AM   #233
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
This is week 1 of my fantasy draft online CFM.

Here are box stats, not all cool like some people, just old school line by line lol.

T. Romo 149.5 Rating 32 for 38 for 436 yards 84% 4td 0int 11.4 ypa 80 long
B. Bortles 129.5 rate 24 for 32 295 yards 4td 1int 9.2ypa 72 long

F. Jackson 21 for 85 4.0 0td 1 fumb 2btk
G. Atkinson 27 for 130 4.8 1td 3btk

T. Smith 6 rec for 149yds 24.8 1td
J. Reed 6 rec for 58yds 9.6 3td
P. Harvin 4 rec for 103yds 25.7 (Got injured 1 yard line fumbled)

S. Watkins 5 rec for 112yds 22.4 2tds
M. Evans 7 rec for 46yds 6.5
G. Atkinson 5 rec for 56yds
T. Mason 1 rec for 27yds 1td
T. Niklas 1 rec for 5yds 1td

I GOT A SACK!! I didnt even noticed until now end of game hahaha.

My backup DT Ryan Carrethers 1 tackle for a loss, 1 sack

They had 1 sack D. Bryant

They had 1 pick, just stupid throw by me, was cool though because the LB knocked it up into the hands of there safety.

Won that game 38 to 28.

Side note both me and the CPU missed a 50 or so yard field goal. Was in the rain.

2nd Half of the game I murdered there run, but could never get a handle on there passing game.

Still, the entire game not one second of pressure on the QB. Had all day to throw, could just as easily run out.

Didnt write down penalties sorry! There were some false starts and a few facemasks. But no holding or any other.
I'm sorry, but the stat lines (gotta love full box scores although they are somewhat time consuming to enter) are kind of confusing for me since you chose to do a fantasy draft. I'm not quite entirely sure who your players are (except for a few) and your opponent. If that was Romo that threw for that well on you, the only question is how good was your secondary, overall?

Also, a couple more points. The lack of pressure definitely didn't help with decreasing those QB numbers, but as people have been complaining about 9, 10, and 11 sack games, only having 1 total sack is certainly a surprise. I'm sure that also helped Romo out with so much time in the pocket (again, surprising, but at least you had to battle). I have noticed more errant passes and throw aways when pressure is in the face of the QB or coming down on him, and sacks as well from time to time.

With my Rams' front 7, I really haven't had much of a problem penetrating O-lines in my online CFM. Except, for my one loss to the Eagles last night. Their O-line held up well, and only allowed two sacks on Foles, where before I was getting a ton of penetration on the previous O-lines I played (1st two games), and wracking up quite a few sacks, and if no sacks happened too often (like my last two games), then I definitely was still putting some pressure on the QB (hardly any against the Eagles though), which did actually cause errant throws and throw aways.

And one more thing that could have had an affect. At the top of this page I gave some advice on play-calling while on defense. You can check that out and see if any of that might change things some, for the better for you. I don't now how you play-call, after all.

By the way, glad to hear about missed field goals. When I had it at 45 FG Accuracy they were just too automatic, even in a good cross-wind.. and they are still pretty much automatic for me indoors, but I have seen the CPU shank one right on a 45 yard FG indoors. Now at 40 FG Accuracy, I found it to be the "sweet spot" of sorts. In a good cross-wind you will feel a bit more pressure kicking a 45-55 yard FG accurately, as it should be, and same goes for the CPU FG kicking.

And no problem on the penalties by the way. At least some were called. Some games you'll see various and numerous penalties called, sometimes not as many. I just need to get clipping called a bit, and I'm completely done with these sliders.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:48 AM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 4

Clipping at 90 is too high.

I had 9 called and 7 of them on kick returns.

I think you hit the right spot at 85. Just my opinion.

Also, I think we have to accept the high number of sacks until EA fix that which will be soon. For those wanting to limit it, don't play as D-line but to me I am treating it as a way of the game stopping the CPU marching down the field each and every time so you get realistic scores/games which seems to be happening. ALL the other stats look really good
Old 09-14-2014, 08:00 AM   #235
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Clipping at 90 is too high.

I had 9 called and 7 of them on kick returns.

I think you hit the right spot at 85. Just my opinion.

Also, I think we have to accept the high number of sacks until EA fix that which will be soon. For those wanting to limit it, don't play as D-line but to me I am treating it as a way of the game stopping the CPU marching down the field each and every time so you get realistic scores/games which seems to be happening. ALL the other stats look really good
Wow, no way! 9 clipping penalties were called. Holy sh*t! I will certainly take your word for it then. I didn't get much testing at 85 anyhow, but if that happened to you, then 90 is not the sweet spot. I'll go back down to 85 on your advice, thanks. I'll keep it there at 85 at least 4 games or more now, and see the results.

Yeah, nothing more can be done with the higher number of sacks on our end, unfortunately. Though, in my last two games, and trying as hard as I could with playing as RDE Robert Quinn, I got 6 sacks versus the Cowboys I believe, and only 2 sacks versus the Eagles

This was after I made the change to intentional grounding to 1 (from 5 to 10 to 5 after a long while), for what it's worth. Before that, I was in the 8, 9, or 10 sack range for my previous 2 games (box scores on pages 16, 17, 18, and somewhere at pages 20-22 for the Eagles game). I don't know if it had an effect, but I have seen throw aways and errant passes when the QB is coming under pressure the last two games as well.

Thanks again on the heads up for the clipping calls. I really can't believe you had 9, but I'll take your word for it, and drop it to 85 again.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #236
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

As a matter of fact, I am going to settle on the clipping penalty at 85, that will be the final change to these sliders, and all of the sliders are now complete, unless as I've previously mentioned, EA makes some adjustments to the gameplay, then I'll take a look again at the sliders overall.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #237
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

All sliders are completely FINAL.

I hope some of you end up having some great games with them. I'm glad to be done, at least for the foreseeable future. So, I hope anyone who chooses to give them a good test run finds some satisfaction in these sliders, and enjoy.

The OP has been updated.

FIN.

EDIT: One more thing to note, if anyone plans on using these sliders, or plans to give them a good test run, it's probably best if you go over the OP again for the current gameplay sliders, penalty sliders, and auto-subs just to make sure you are correctly up-to-date. Game on.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #238
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Wow, no way! 9 clipping penalties were called. Holy sh*t! I will certainly take your word for it then. I didn't get much testing at 85 anyhow, but if that happened to you, then 90 is not the sweet spot. I'll go back down to 85 on your advice, thanks. I'll keep it there at 85 at least 4 games or more now, and see the results.

Yeah, nothing more can be done with the higher number of sacks on our end, unfortunately. Though, in my last two games, and trying as hard as I could with playing as RDE Robert Quinn, I got 6 sacks versus the Cowboys I believe, and only 2 sacks versus the Eagles

This was after I made the change to intentional grounding to 1 (from 5 to 10 to 5 after a long while), for what it's worth. Before that, I was in the 8, 9, or 10 sack range for my previous 2 games (box scores on pages 16, 17, 18, and somewhere at pages 20-22 for the Eagles game). I don't know if it had an effect, but I have seen throw aways and errant passes when the QB is coming under pressure the last two games as well.

Thanks again on the heads up for the clipping calls. I really can't believe you had 9, but I'll take your word for it, and drop it to 85 again.
I know odd. It seemed to be happening the moment a punt was kicked, instantly a flag would come out. Either it was a random game or my players are dirty ****s lol.

I like the IG at 1, you get a few of those wobble/duff throws by the QB when he is being hit.

I think EA is close, the rest of the game plays beautifully imho. All they need to do is either nerf the D-line or improve O-line to hold there blocks better and the sack numbers will be better.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #239
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
I know odd. It seemed to be happening the moment a punt was kicked, instantly a flag would come out. Either it was a random game or my players are dirty ****s lol.

I like the IG at 1, you get a few of those wobble/duff throws by the QB when he is being hit.

I think EA is close, the rest of the game plays beautifully imho. All they need to do is either nerf the D-line or improve O-line to hold there blocks better and the sack numbers will be better.
Agreed. If they put out another fix for the total sacks taken, this game is great overall. I'll just adjust CPU pass blocking if needed if they do push out another fix. Easy peasy.

I'm still glad you saw clipping calls though. They have been more like holding calls for me. Those are really the only two penalties not really called (although I have seen holding calls, sometimes multiples every other game or so), or just totally random, but hopefully 85 clipping is the sweet spot. Not too few over the course of some games, not too many. I believe going up in increments of 5 from the default settings really gave me a good feel for all of the penalties that do work.

I'm just happy to be done. Now, I can just continue to play my online CFM, until they patch offline CFM, and I'll happily restart. Just glad to have what I believe is a good set of sliders already completed.

It took a long time for a good set of M25 sliders, and really M25 sliders were truly never finished by anyone before M15 came out. So, I think it was much easier adjusting sliders this year without all the reversed and mixed up sliders like in M25. I also still have no belief after testing, that penalty sliders affect gameplay like they did in M25. You can check my write-ups and full box scores on pages 17, 18, 19, and 22 of my first 4 regular season games, I didn't do box scores for pre-season or play now. You will notice no drastic or rather noticeable affects on my stats, all while I kept adjusting penalty sliders up. This is not M25, people need to realize that. The sliders aren't really FUBAR this year, only the penalty sliders and the penalties being called are somewhat flawed, but not for ALL penalties, at least. That's my opinion from extensive testing with the gameplay sliders, and slowly adjusting upward with the penalty sliders, all while getting plenty of games in.

Anyway, glad to be done!

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-14-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #240
Rookie

The Yurpman's Arena

OVR: 6

Absolutely love the sliders. EA needs to fix the sack issue, which sadly looks like it is "un-fixable" no matter what combo of sliders/penalties/traits you mess with.

I've played two games in my Raiders Online CFM so far. First game against the Jets I won 20-17 with a total of 5 sacks (2 for them, 3 for me). The second game against the Texans I won 56-24 and there were 11 sacks (1 for them, 10 for me). I wasn't even blitzing on 80% of the sacks against the Texans. It was a 3 or 4 man rush getting to Fitzpatrick all day long. My starting DT had 5 of the sacks.

Other then sacks, I love the sliders and the game. Both games so far I've let up a good amount of rushing yards. 217 to CJ2K (one run was for 99 yards) and 98 yards to Arian Foster. I've also ran the ball pretty well, averaging near 100 YPG so far. I've played two below average QBs in Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick so it will be interesting to see how a good QB plays against my Raider team. On my end of the QB spectrum, Derek Carr is amazing in this game. He has a rifle for an arm.

TLDR; I love the sliders and the game. Sacks NEED to be fixed though, EA. Come on!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »