Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 31 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #241
Banned
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2010
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm sorry, but the stat lines (gotta love full box scores although they are somewhat time consuming to enter) are kind of confusing for me since you chose to do a fantasy draft. I'm not quite entirely sure who your players are (except for a few) and your opponent. If that was Romo that threw for that well on you, the only question is how good was your secondary, overall?

Also, a couple more points. The lack of pressure definitely didn't help with decreasing those QB numbers, but as people have been complaining about 9, 10, and 11 sack games, only having 1 total sack is certainly a surprise. I'm sure that also helped Romo out with so much time in the pocket (again, surprising, but at least you had to battle). I have noticed more errant passes and throw aways when pressure is in the face of the QB or coming down on him, and sacks as well from time to time.

With my Rams' front 7, I really haven't had much of a problem penetrating O-lines in my online CFM. Except, for my one loss to the Eagles last night. Their O-line held up well, and only allowed two sacks on Foles, where before I was getting a ton of penetration on the previous O-lines I played (1st two games), and wracking up quite a few sacks, and if no sacks happened too often (like my last two games), then I definitely was still putting some pressure on the QB (hardly any against the Eagles though), which did actually cause errant throws and throw aways.

And one more thing that could have had an affect. At the top of this page I gave some advice on play-calling while on defense. You can check that out and see if any of that might change things some, for the better for you. I don't now how you play-call, after all.

By the way, glad to hear about missed field goals. When I had it at 45 FG Accuracy they were just too automatic, even in a good cross-wind.. and they are still pretty much automatic for me indoors, but I have seen the CPU shank one right on a 45 yard FG indoors. Now at 40 FG Accuracy, I found it to be the "sweet spot" of sorts. In a good cross-wind you will feel a bit more pressure kicking a 45-55 yard FG accurately, as it should be, and same goes for the CPU FG kicking.

And no problem on the penalties by the way. At least some were called. Some games you'll see various and numerous penalties called, sometimes not as many. I just need to get clipping called a bit, and I'm completely done with these sliders.
All the rookies are mine.

Watkins, Bortles, Atkinson etc etc.

Romo stood tall in the pocket sometimes forrreevvvveer.

I moved Jadaveon Clowney and Khalil Mack to DE for my 4-3 defense. I took Aaron Donald from your rams, and moved Stephon Tuitt from the steelers ends and made him a DT.

I have Anthony Barr ROLB, CJ Mosley MLB and Ryan Shazier LOLB.

My corners are Justin Gilbert and Kyle Fuller (Not exactly all pros lol), and my safeties are Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor, again not exactly all pros.

The thing for me was, the sack I dont think was even a sack. It was a broken draw play where Carrethers hit both the RB and Romo before he could hand it off.

It actually came up on the screen as a negative rush for Romo, but then a sack in the stat lines.

What Im going to do now is draft an amazing DLine and then an amazing secondary. See if I can get pressure at all with these sliders.

I love the feel of normal speed, and man did Romo go deep on me about 5 times. Was refreshing to see.

The running game for the CPU is redicilous as usual, which is fine by me. I decided to play the Raiders instead of steelers so my run stopping pride wont take such a hit lol!

I really wish EA would fix the penalties. Ive got NFL Rewind and have watched all the week 1 games again, and the penalties. ESPECIALLY HOLDING!!! The new rules make it called about 5 times a game now!

"Prior to the snap, holding number 22 Defense, 5 yards, automatic first down" or some such was heard in the Cardinals-Chargers game about 4 times alone I think?

All in all, cant decide between your sliders and A&S's. My problem thus far is Im winning hands down every game now, just like last year.

Anywho, thanks for these, normal is alot of fun to try out.
SteelD1974 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #242
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
All the rookies are mine.

Watkins, Bortles, Atkinson etc etc.

Romo stood tall in the pocket sometimes forrreevvvveer.

I moved Jadaveon Clowney and Khalil Mack to DE for my 4-3 defense. I took Aaron Donald from your rams, and moved Stephon Tuitt from the steelers ends and made him a DT.

I have Anthony Barr ROLB, CJ Mosley MLB and Ryan Shazier LOLB.

My corners are Justin Gilbert and Kyle Fuller (Not exactly all pros lol), and my safeties are Clinton-Dix and Calvin Pryor, again not exactly all pros.

The thing for me was, the sack I dont think was even a sack. It was a broken draw play where Carrethers hit both the RB and Romo before he could hand it off.

It actually came up on the screen as a negative rush for Romo, but then a sack in the stat lines.

What Im going to do now is draft an amazing DLine and then an amazing secondary. See if I can get pressure at all with these sliders.

I love the feel of normal speed, and man did Romo go deep on me about 5 times. Was refreshing to see.

The running game for the CPU is redicilous as usual, which is fine by me. I decided to play the Raiders instead of steelers so my run stopping pride wont take such a hit lol!

I really wish EA would fix the penalties. Ive got NFL Rewind and have watched all the week 1 games again, and the penalties. ESPECIALLY HOLDING!!! The new rules make it called about 5 times a game now!

"Prior to the snap, holding number 22 Defense, 5 yards, automatic first down" or some such was heard in the Cardinals-Chargers game about 4 times alone I think?

All in all, cant decide between your sliders and A&S's. My problem thus far is Im winning hands down every game now, just like last year.

Anywho, thanks for these, normal is alot of fun to try out.

One the CPU running game, I've been able to shut down Doug Martin of the Bucs to 61 rush yards with the Rams' front 7. I also played an injury-riddled Cowboys team where DeMarco Murray and Lance Dunbar got split carries thanks to the auto-subs. They both had rushing yards in the 70+ range, with 1 TD a piece. So, I didn't do too bad stopping those guys with the Rams' front 7 either. Romo was out for that game as well.

Now, Adrian Peterson was just too much for me in my first game and he put up 189 yards, but it's not like he hasn't done that before to teams, or 200+ rushing yards for that matter. LeSean McCoy also gashed me on off-tackle runs that he broke wide outside and along the sidelines, and was just too quick to stop, no matter what I called. He rushed for like 254 yards on me in that game, but that was partly due to the wrong play-calling in a certain down and distance, and me just barely missing him on some tackles to the weak side of the line (user-controlling RDE Robert Quinn, as always), as I would shed a block. So I got gashed a few times by McCoy (30 rushing attempts), needless to say. I think Sproles had 14 carries for 41 yards and 2 receptions for about 15 yards. Good balance, I think.

The my next two games versus the 49ers and Seahawks will tell me a lot about how well I can stop the run game with a front 7 that should be capable of doing so. I think I just need to do a better job of preventing the wide outside runs from the speedier backs. I believe my front 7 can do better against the slower, more bruising backs, in Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch, although I'm sure they'll be tackle-breaking machines during the game. I think the backs that should run well (above average to elite backs), will/should usually do so more often than not, but they can be stopped, it is just difficult. Need the right players and proper play-calling. The above average to average backs can definitely be shut down with an above average to elite D-line or overall front 7. We'll see how my games with Gore and Lynch go though.

As for winning all your games hands down on All-Pro, it might not be a slider issue, you might just need to bump up to All-Madden and use someone like charter's All-Madden sliders. That could be an answer that would solve that issue. Just a thought.

EDIT: Speaking of RBs rushing for ridiculous amount of yards, DeMarco Murrary put 167 rushing yards on the Titans today. I think these sliders got the RBs' skills down somewhat well/realistic. The elite to above average RBs will most likely get their yards, but they can be stopped still. Just need great play-calling and a pretty good front 7. Ignore what I did against AP and McCoy, because that was on me more than anything else. I need to learn to stop those outside runs better. lol.. I bet a good 3-4 defense would help with stopping those outside runs a lot.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-14-2014 at 04:29 PM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #243
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Also, I finally set up a twitch account for streaming games, so I might end up streaming the 49ers and Seahawks game when I do play them. My first time streaming and I'm on wifi, so I get some lag when I keep the stream up on my laptop (which is also leeching bandwidth) for the chat box.. I may just use my phone to keep track of chat with the twitch app, if I can, I've never tried that either.

The video quality is great though (tested it out), just about a 5-6 second delay from the play that happens on my screen and what I see happen on the laptop. lol.. We'll see how the stream works out though. Anyone with experience with twitch streaming know how to turn off the popup of how many viewers are watching your broadcast, while in the game? Any answer to that would be much appreciated. Realized the Broadcasting (Viewers) can't be turned off, and that's a shame since I consider it a minor distraction to my gameplay and immersion, but oh well. I don't like that it's in the lower middle of the screen, at all.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-14-2014 at 07:45 PM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #244
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Okay, so I've set up my twitch account settings to archive my streams as "Past Broadcasts." If people want to see my games and how these sliders play out, the games will be archived, rather than running live streams for every game for everyone to see live. You'll be able to check out the game when you feel like it (saved up to 14 days). I'll still do write-ups for the games as well as full box scores, along with the archived past broadcasts. I'll put a link to my past broadcasts on my twitch account in my signature. Check it out sometime, if you want to see how things are going in my CFM, or how these sliders play overall.

For each game, or as many games as I can, I will post up a write-up of the game, the full box score, and then the archived broadcast will be available to watch, and you will be able see for yourself how these sliders play, and how well I am doing with the Rams, for yourself.

I will play the 49ers sometime tonight, around 12AM CST, just for a heads up. Seahawks tomorrow.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-14-2014 at 07:56 PM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #245
Rookie
 
fhs2's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quinn, my problem is with threshold at 0. I think at 50 it's perfect o players speed, by some testing with then rushing 40 yard dashes ( someone tested that). What you think about that and why yours is at 0? Thanks!

Also, i'm thinking about changing the Qbs traits to thrown tha ball away on. But not the sense of pressure. I think it will make big difference since i see too many sacks with QBs refusing to do something when no one is open.
fhs2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #246
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Quinn, my problem is with threshold at 0. I think at 50 it's perfect o players speed, by some testing with then rushing 40 yard dashes ( someone tested that). What you think about that and why yours is at 0? Thanks!

Also, i'm thinking about changing the Qbs traits to thrown tha ball away on. But not the sense of pressure. I think it will make big difference since i see too many sacks with QBs refusing to do something when no one is open.
I tried threshold at 50, 35, 25, and finally 0 with a good bit of games for each. There really isn't much change from 50 to 25, in my opinion, as the threshold slider this year is no where near as sensitive as it was last year, where threshold at 25 in M25 was a perfect spot.

As for the choosing threshold at 0, I have a few reasons (among more complex). For one, I absolutely believe as you go up in difficulty player ratings start to matter less, and the CPU starts to gain slight advantage in many primary attributes (slightly more speed, acceleration, pursuit, ect), where most believe that All-Pro gives us the best and most fair accurate representation of the players' ratings compared to the CPU. Whereas on All-Madden gets a much larger over boosts, to add more "challenge" at the expense of out-balancing the player ratings, making them less meaningful.

I can name more than 5 players with elite speed and acceleration in M15 (and their are more on O as I'm sure they exists on D too), and these guys should be given the proper separation, where most LBs and DBs can't hang with them, if these speedsters have more than a step on them. These players exists, and I believe 0 threshold is the correct setting to separate these elite speed and acceleration guys from slightly slower players. I've seen some plays made be these players, Tavon Austin being one (96 SPD, 97 ACC,), where 0 threshold realistically allows these players proper separation (and yes, I've seen the time 40 yard dash tests done by two members here a week ago). These elite speedsters not be many, but they are there, and may be there in future drafts, and I believe 0 threshold best represents their quickness on the field. For example, if I run a jet sweep at the perfect time with Tavon Austin, I should be able to cut that corner, at least to the first down marker on a 1st and 10 call, although I don't call that play on 1st and 10 anyway, that is just an example. The longest run I've had on the jet sweep with Austin is about 32 yards.

Along with the previously two mentioned reasons, separation that happens between fast/quick receivers in general, and actually being able to preform a deep ball, while leading your receiver because he has a couple to possibly a few yards on the DB, actually allowing you to complete a deep ball for a large gain or even a TD, whereas most times it just gets batted down because the DBs just "stick" to your WRs all the way down the route.

Those are just 3 reasons. I could go more in-depth, but I've actually discussed this topic about 0 threshold more than once now, and that is where I find it plays best.

As for editing the QBs, well that is fine for a temporary fix, but if you play more years in your CFM, eventually the rookies will start situating themselves into starting positions, QBs that is, and you're back to where you were before. So, for long-term that is just not a viable solution, in my opinion. Though, I plan on restarting my CFM once the offline patch comes through anyway, so I probably won't get that far into my online CFM.

Hope that somewhat answers your questions.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #247
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Okay, so I've set up my twitch account settings to archive my streams as "Past Broadcasts." If people want to see my games and how these sliders play out, the games will be archived, rather than running live streams for every game for everyone to see live. You'll be able to check out the game when you feel like it (saved up to 14 days). I'll still do write-ups for the games as well as full box scores, along with the archived past broadcasts. I'll put a link to my past broadcasts on my twitch account in my signature. Check it out sometime, if you want to see how things are going in my CFM, or how these sliders play overall.

For each game, or as many games as I can, I will post up a write-up of the game, the full box score, and then the archived broadcast will be available to watch, and you will be able see for yourself how these sliders play, and how well I am doing with the Rams, for yourself.

I will play the 49ers sometime tonight, around 12AM CST, just for a heads up. Seahawks tomorrow.
Unfortunately, this game will have to be post-poned tonight, and I plan on playing both the 49ers and Seahawks tomorrow, and more than likely one more game on top of that. Sorry, stay tuned.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #248
Rookie
 
fhs2's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2011
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I tried threshold at 50, 35, 25, and finally 0 with a good bit of games for each. There really isn't much change from 50 to 25, in my opinion, as the threshold slider this year is no where near as sensitive as it was last year, where threshold at 25 in M25 was a perfect spot.

As for the choosing threshold at 0, I have a few reasons (among more complex). For one, I absolutely believe as you go up in difficulty player ratings start to matter less, and the CPU starts to gain slight advantage in many primary attributes (slightly more speed, acceleration, pursuit, ect), where most believe that All-Pro gives us the best and most fair accurate representation of the players' ratings compared to the CPU. Whereas on All-Madden gets a much larger over boosts, to add more "challenge" at the expense of out-balancing the player ratings, making them less meaningful.

I can name more than 5 players with elite speed and acceleration in M15, and these guys should be given the proper separation, where most LBs and DBs can't hang with them, if these speedsters have more than a step on them. These players exists, and I believe 0 threshold is the correct setting to separate these elite speed and acceleration guys from slightly slower players. I've seen some plays made be these players, Tavon Austin being one (96 spd, 95 acc,), where 0 threshold realistically allows these players proper separation (and yes, I've seen the time 40 yard dash tests done by two members here a week ago). These elite speedsters not be many, but they are there, and may be there in future drafts, and I believe 0 threshold best represents their quickness on the field. For example, if i run a jet sweep at the perfect time with Tavon Austin, I should be able to cut that corner, at least to the first down marker on a 1st and 10 call, although I don't call that play on 1st and 10 anyway, that is just an example. The longest run I've had on the jet sweep with Austin is about 32 yards.

Along with the previously two mentioned reason, separation that happens between fast/quick receivers in general, and actually being able to preform a deep ball, while leading your receiver because he has a couple to possibly a few yards on the DB, actually allowing you to complete a deep ball for a large gain or even a TD, whereas most times it just gets batted down because the DBs just "stick" to your WRs all the way down the route.

Those are just 3 reasons. I could go more in-depth, but I've actually discussed this topic about 0 threshold more than once now, and that is where I find it plays best.

As for editing the QBs, well that is fine for a temporary fix, but if you play more years in your CFM, eventually the rookies will start situating themselves into starting positions, QBs that is, and you're back to where you were before. So, for long-term that is just not a viable solution, in my opinion. Though, I plan on restarting my CFM once the offline patch comes through anyway, so I probably won't get that far into my online CFM.

Hope that somewhat answers your questions.
Thanks Quinn!

About the threshold, i have Spiller, Watkins and Goodwin. I will love to use 0 with then. If it's more realistic, i'm fine with that. Just don't want Goodwin looking like the best receiver in the NFL because of speed only.

About the QB edits, i'm fine with a temporary fix for online CCM, because i hope EA can fix this problem in time for those future seasons. Also want to start a offline CCM when we get a patch.

Thanks for the attention! Just curiosity, are u in ps4 or XB1? I'm on XB1.
fhs2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Top -