Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 32 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #249
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Thanks Quinn!

About the threshold, i have Spiller, Watkins and Goodwin. I will love to use 0 with then. If it's more realistic, i'm fine with that. Just don't want Goodwin looking like the best receiver in the NFL because of speed only.

About the QB edits, i'm fine with a temporary fix for online CCM, because i hope EA can fix this problem in time for those future seasons. Also want to start a offline CCM when we get a patch.

Thanks for the attention! Just curiosity, are u in ps4 or XB1? I'm on XB1.

No problem, man. One thing you can still can be sure of, if your receiver isn't ELITE speed and acceleration, then even like at 50 threshold, your guy will STILL get caught a lot of the time. Whether it is a defender just closing in from behind and the defender has great pursuit speed, or a defender has an angle on you, 0 threshold doesn't have so much of such a HUGE difference (it did moreso last year, it's more minute this year, but it's still there) that it cause those kinds of problems (out-pacing everyone).

For me, I mentioned Tavon Austin for an example of elite speed and acceleration. He actually has 96 speed and 97 acceleration (not 95), with that I would hope at most he could get good separation from most LBs and some CBs, not to mention some safties, when the ball is in his hands and he he's going for yards after the catch, when I'm on the sticks. Another thing, he's my punt returner, I wouldn't actually mind seeing a punt return at least before the kid retires. I have a kickoff returner, Chris Gives (96 SPD, 94 ACC) that this also applies to. I had to use my backup RB Tre Mason to return some KOs a few times, and there were a few he almost broke for TDs, which I'm sure with the speed of Givens, would've been just enough to run it in. If it was Givens with that ball, I'd probably have 3 legitimate kickoff returns for TDs in about 15 or 20 games (I have actually played many more than that). I believe 0 threshold give these guys a chance and at specifically 0 threshold, to be playermakers, as they should be able to be with their pure athleticism.

Anyone who says 0 threshold is more "unrealistic" and it'll be easier, honestly just hasn't tested enough ACTUAL games on the field of players with different speed players. I'm not talking testing timed 40 yard dashes and such to see if a player is running the right speeds. The threshold slider is very "non-sensitive" this year, whereas last year at 0, you would have O-linemen being so slow when going to pull to block for a RB, with the RB either running into the backs of the O-linemen, or running completely pass them. This year the changes are VERY subtle, going from anywhere between 50 to 0 threshold. I played games at 50, enough games at both 35 and 25 (where I saw basically no difference, or not enough to even matter), and at 0 I noticed my fastest of the fast players on the Rams (Tavon Austin mainly, but even Chris Givens) were able to get me yards after the catch on certain plays, where the defenders were just out of reach on a tackle and it lead with me gaining some separation.. Austin does have 96 SPD and 97 ACC, afterall.

Also, don't most players who play on All-Pro play on it because we want the best representation of the players' rating to matter on the field against the CPU, because on All-Pro we've come to the conclusion that player ratings are more "fair" and more realistic distinction between the players, than the "cheating" or challenge" that All-Madden CPU players get a bump up to. All in all, that realistic distinction between the players and their ratings and how they compare in contrast to speed, acceleration, and and a defender's pursuit speed, does not get "broken" at 0 threshold.

Your players will still get caught from a defender who is to the rear and maybe a little off the side, from a defender from behind, and especially from defenders who have the angle on you.. just like at 50. What you will slightly notice is a VERY slight difference in player separation from fast, very fast, to elite speedsters on offense on routes (actually allowing for a lead on a deep ball every once in a while), and some yards after the catch once in while. Your O-linemen still pull to block at correct speed not slow where the RBs are running by them or into their backs, so that's good. The LBs and DBs don't turn into super gods, but the quicker ones will show that off more-so matching up against offensive players.

Your D-linemen also don't get insanely fast either, creating more sacks on the QB, like some might think. That is an issue entirely separate from the threshold slider, and increasing the threshold slider to 50 or way higher (which is a terrible way to try and balance the problem with sacks.. this was tried in M25 to no avail as well), I'd bet my bottom dollar, will not fix what is wrong with the amount of sacks taken.. only EA has that power now.

I also play on normal speed, and I don't know what you play on, but I want a feel of pace when I'm playing of my players moving somewhat at the pace as true-to-life NFL players on the actual game field, in-game, and using 0 threshold in my opinion makes it a tiny bit (like I said, it isn't as sensitive or as game-changing as in M25) more realistic for me. So normal speed and 0 threshold give me that feel actual on-the-field speed mattering and taking place for all players, and the player ratings still matter for each and every player on All-Pro as it should, even with 0 threshold, regardless of what some may say. This is after extensive testing, but to each their own I say. Do what you want.

By the way, I'm on XB1.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-15-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #250
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Can I look at games for online cfm on a website? Would be easier to use to post some box scores. Im 6 games into my cfm with these settings. The last game I only made a slight adjustment, with a slight good result, especially with cpu qb %. I moved hum pass coverage to match cpu pass coverage at 45. Other change is for me, as I must good at rushing, steve jackson leading league in rushing, I turned down hum run blocking to 50.

Lost Saints
Beat Bengals
Beat Bucs
Beat Vikings
Lost Giants
Beat Bears

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #251
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Can I look at games for online cfm on a website? Would be easier to use to post some box scores. Im 6 games into my cfm with these settings. The last game I only made a slight adjustment, with a slight good result, especially with cpu qb %. I moved hum pass coverage to match cpu pass coverage at 45. Other change is for me, as I must good at rushing, steve jackson leading league in rushing, I turned down hum run blocking to 50.

Lost Saints
Beat Bengals
Beat Bucs
Beat Vikings
Lost Giants
Beat Bears
Hey jaa, no I don't think there is a site for that. The best you can do to save your results and stats is probably entering in a full box score. It can be a little tedious it you keep doing if for games, but it does keep a record for you for those specific games.

Good to hear you made some tweaks, as I always encourage if a player feels like he may have to tweak some sliders from any base set, to get it play how THEY think it should play for them, then they should try it. That's why I have this set in the first place.

EDIT: By the way, anyone else that may be interested in creating box scores can go to:

http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

Scroll down a little and to the right you'll see Football, then the 2nd link down from that you'll see Box Score, you click on that link and begin entering your game's stats and all.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-15-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #252
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980

Lost Saints
Beat Bengals
Beat Bucs
Beat Vikings
Lost Giants
Beat Bears
Jaa, I just wanted to make one point why I choose to keep user pass coverage at 40 (and reaction time). First of all, I want to see the QBs have somewhat of a good game passing yardage-wise, if you are playing an above average QB, and your secondary might only be average, not to mention below average. I shut down the Buc's RB Doug Martin, and Mike Glennon on 37 attempts (forgot his completion %, but it was okay) ended the game with 308 yards. I felt that was a realistic number, since they could get it going on the ground, and my secondary is no where as good as my front 7.

The most important reason though, the higher your coverage slider goes, it's just that much harder for CPU WRs to get open (it just takes a bit longer, which can possibly have an affect on CPU QB sacks), and you will probably see more of the QB holding on to that darn ball a tad bit longer, while waiting for an open receiver, thus taking a sack as usual. I don't know if a 5 point increase in the user pass coverage would have such a dramatic affect (it might not have that great of an affect, but it might be just enough to cause a couple more sacks), but early on I did agree with Armor on both 40 for user pass coverage and reaction time slider settings.

To be honest, I have yet to run into "robo-qb" with these sliders, and I don't know if I will, but I also do my best with the knowledge I have of my current playbook's formations (and formations in general) and play-calling overall, to prevent the QB from going "robo."

If I get a QB that wants to take the easy passes underneath, I will call more press coverage (and hope my D-line gets pressure), or make secondary adjustments to the "outside" or "underneath" (if they are dinking and dunking or calling short out-routes) to combat the high percentage passes. What I find is the QB eventually moves on to more intermediate routes, if I am able to break-up some short passes, or create pressure from my D-line while pressing their WRs, creating more throw aways and errant passes. Then, the QB's gameplan changes a little. I've played a lot of running teams as well so far, so maybe I'll see a "robo-qb" down the line, but calling my own formations and calling the proper plays (I'm not perfect, I don't always make the right playcall) for certain downs and distances can go a long way from keeping QB completion percentages from being unrealistically high.

Anyway, just a small opinion on the minor adjustment to the pass coverage slider and how it can affect other aspects of gameplay. I still encourage anyone to tweak a base set if they feel it needs to be tweaked, after they've played enough of their own games. Anything to get it where you feel it plays best, for you is always a good thing for your CFM.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-15-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #253
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/connected-franchise/

Actually you can look at league online. ^^^^

I made my adjustment against bears, and Cutler had a good passing game still, 200+ yards, 60% range completion. The problem at 40, is it seems when I had what looked like a good INT, it would be dropped. I actually got 3 picks against Cutler on missed thrown balls, both looked legit. I will see over a few ore games.

F1 2017 - Haas Team

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 09-15-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #254
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
No problem, man. One thing you can still can be sure of, if your receiver isn't ELITE speed and acceleration, then even like at 50 threshold, your guy will STILL get caught a lot of the time. Whether it is a defender just closing in from behind and the defender has great pursuit speed, or a defender has an angle on you, 0 threshold doesn't have so much of such a HUGE difference (it did moreso last year, it's more minute this year, but it's still there) that it cause those kinds of problems (out-pacing everyone).

For me, I mentioned Tavon Austin for an example of elite speed and acceleration. He actually has 96 speed and 97 acceleration (not 95), with that I would hope at most he could get good separation from most LBs and some CBs, not to mention some safties, when the ball is in his hands and he he's going for yards after the catch, when I'm on the sticks. Another thing, he's my punt returner, I wouldn't actually mind seeing a punt return at least before the kid retires. I have a kickoff returner, Chris Gives (96 SPD, 94 ACC) that this also applies to. I had to use my backup RB Tre Mason to return some KOs a few times, and there were a few he almost broke for TDs, which I'm sure with the speed of Givens, would've been just enough to run it in. If it was Givens with that ball, I'd probably have 3 legitimate kickoff returns in about 15 or 20 games (I have actually played many more than that). I believe 0 threshold give these guys a chance and at specifically, 0 threshold to be playermakers, as they should be able to be with their pure athleticism.

Anyone who says 0 threshold is more "unrealistic" and it'll be easier, honestly just hasn't tested enough ACTUAL games on the field of players with different speed players. I'm not talking testing timed 40 yard dashes and such to see if a player is running the right speeds. The threshold slider is very "non-sensitive" this year, whereas last year at 0, you would have O-linemen being so slow when going to pull to block for a RB, with the RB either running into the backs of the O-linemen, or running completely pass them. This year the changes are VERY subtle, going from anywhere between 50 to 0 threshold. I played games at 50, enough games at both 35 and 25 (where I saw basically no difference, or not enough to even matter), and at 0 I noticed my fastest of the fast players on the Rams (Tavon Austin mainly, but even Chris Givens) were able to get me yards after the catch on certain plays, where the defenders were just out of reach on a tackle and it lead with me gaining some separation.. Austin does have 96 SPD and 97 ACC, afterall.

Also, don't most players who play on All-Pro play on it because we want the best representation of the players' rating to matter on the field against the CPU, because on All-Pro we've come to the conclusion that player ratings are more "fair" and more realistic distinction between the players, than the "cheating" or challenge" that All-Madden CPU players get a bump up to. All in all, that realistic distinction between the players and their ratings and how they compare in contrast to speed, acceleration, and and a defender's pursuit speed, does not get "broken" at 0 threshold.

Your players will still get caught from a defender who is to the rear and maybe a little off the side, from a defender from behind, and especially from defenders who have the angle on you.. just like at 50. What you will slightly notice is a VERY slight difference in player separation from fast, very fast, to elite speedsters on offense on routes (actually allowing for a lead on a deep ball every once in a while), and some yards after the catch once in while. Your O-linemen still pull to block at correct speed not slow where the RBs are running by them or into their backs, so that's good. The LBs and DBs don't turn into super gods, but the quicker ones will show that off more-so matching up against offensive players.

Your D-linemen also don't get insanely fast either, creating more sacks on the QB, like some might think. That is an issue entirely separate from the threshold slider, and increasing the threshold slider to 50 or way higher (which is a terrible way to try and balance the problem with sacks.. this was tried in M25 to no avail as well), I'd bet my bottom dollar, will not fix what is wrong with the amount of sacks taken.. only EA has that power now.

I also play on normal speed, and I don't know what you play on, but I want a feel of pace when I'm playing of my players moving somewhat at the pace as true-to-life NFL players on the actual game field, in-game, and using 0 threshold in my opinion makes it a tiny bit (like I said, it isn't as sensitive or as game-changing as in M25) more realistic for me. So normal speed and 0 threshold give me that feel actual on-the-field speed mattering and taking place for all players, and the player ratings still matter for each and every player on All-Pro as it should, even with 0 threshold, regardless of what some may say. This is after extensive testing, but to each their own I say. Do what you want.

By the way, I'm on XB1.
You convinced me, i will play some games at 0 and see what i think about it.
Also, add me on Live. I'm FH1S. Wha's your ID?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #255
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Here are QB stats from Bears game, not bad. With pass coverage ta 45 for both human and cpu.

Jay Cutler
27/44
2 TD
3 INT
Matt Ryan
26/42
0 TD
2 INT

F1 2017 - Haas Team
Old 09-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #256
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
You convinced me, i will play some games at 0 and see what i think about it.
Also, add me on Live. I'm FH1S. Wha's your ID?
GT is ForTheQuinn94.. new GT made especially for sports gaming, in general. I haven't been on the sports gaming scene since 2005, starting with last year be my first year back with Madden. Played a ton of NCAA Football back during the PS2 days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »