Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 PM   #265
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

If you want going to play my 1st game of the regular season with my Secondary consisting of P. Peterson, S. Gilmore, E. Reid and E. Vaccarro.

4-3 Defense.

Can twitch if you want to watch and chat a bit.

I love your sliders, and the normal speed feels right.

30 is perfect, Im not putting it down.

But you say Hyde is a rookie, thats true but hes also a beast and wont break big runs but will just wear you out at 5 yards a pop lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #266
Rookie

Nykez's Arena

just played an awesome game with your tweaks. Greatly prefer the normal speed. I would usually post the stats but it was so depressing that i lost after i missed a fg with time expiring cause my wife walked in front of the tv lol. Might have to bump up the accelerated clock or knock down the qtrs since we ran like 145 plays w/ 15min/15runoff.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #267
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
If you want going to play my 1st game of the regular season with my Secondary consisting of P. Peterson, S. Gilmore, E. Reid and E. Vaccarro.

4-3 Defense.

Can twitch if you want to watch and chat a bit.

I love your sliders, and the normal speed feels right.

30 is perfect, Im not putting it down.

But you say Hyde is a rookie, thats true but hes also a beast and wont break big runs but will just wear you out at 5 yards a pop lol
I can't watch your twitch stream, tonight unfortunately, but if you are using these sliders and streaming, I'd definitely drop in from time to time. I wouldn't mind watching others play with different teams using these sliders, as I have only played as the Rams thus far.

What's your twitch, by the way?
Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 AM   #268
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nykez
just played an awesome game with your tweaks. Greatly prefer the normal speed. I would usually post the stats but it was so depressing that i lost after i missed a fg with time expiring cause my wife walked in front of the tv lol. Might have to bump up the accelerated clock or knock down the qtrs since we ran like 145 plays w/ 15min/15runoff.
Glad you had an awesome game with them Nykez, despite the close loss.

I've already mentioned this to someone else concerned about the total play count with 15min/15runoff, and anywhere from 120-130 can be gotten depending on how the game is called. 145 plays isn't too bad, actually, if you or the CPU threw a lot of passes with incompletions, that's one thing that can bump up the total play count. Another thing can be calling some no huddle in a game as well. 145 plays is close to the 130 range, which is still a believable range.

I had it the total play count vary from game to game so far. I used the 15min/15runoff in M25 and it worked somewhat the same way.. usually around 120-130ish total play count range, but some games being just a tad bit higher due to the way the game was called.

Your preference though, Nykez. Anything to make the game more enjoyable for you.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 AM   #269
Banned

What a complete change of game.

Ok first stats are my team, second line are the CPU team. This is week 1, regular season, all your settings first page etc etc.

B. Bortles 20 of 29 for 240yds 4td 0int 8.2ypa
J. McKinnon 24 for 110yds 4.5ypc 0td 1btk long of 11

S. Watkins 9 rec for 94yds 10.4ypc 2td
J. Amaro 4 rec for 62yds 15.5ypc 2td

Q. Coples (RE) 5 sacks
S. Lotulelei (DT) 2 sacks
J. Clowney (LE) 2 sacks

D. Milliner (3rd Corner) 1 pick

As you can see, my defensive line was destroying. Coples was let free about 3 times, Clowney got 2 coverage sacks and Lotulelei got a safety with his first sack and his second was just let free.

E. Manning 20 of 31 for 226yds 0td 1int 64% 7.2ypa

S. Vereen 16 carries for 60yds 3.7ypc 1td 1btk long of 17

J. Graham 6 rec for 78yds 13 ypc
Julio Jones 6 rec for 66yds

Cedric Thornton RE 1 sack

The sack on me from Thornton was me trying to get out of the pocket, collapsing on me to the left and being just a tad to slow to get away from him.

Overall they had good defense, just McKinnon is SOOOOooo quick and my line so nasty. Watkins was huge, Amaro got free and I made some super sweet throws on rollouts to get them the ball.

Was a good game.

But what happened? I checked the sliders about 5 times!! Coples was redicilous.

Great sliders, thought Vereen was going to kill me on the ground after going like 3 carries for 24 yards. Then Mack, Shazier and Mosley started to get in his face. Reid and Vacarro are bangers who came in and just nuked him in the hole a few times.

EDIT: Both teams had 3 penalties for 30 yards. Holding and face masks I believe.

Last edited by SteelD1974; 09-16-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:52 AM   #270
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Forget what I said about adjustments, tried to play ravens, I had 11 sacks!!!! Say what? 11 sacks!!! So not messing with your pass coverage sliders. Now I still say running game needs a slight adjustment, not sure if lowering run blocking? Or increasing tackling? Thoughts?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #271
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

Quinn; I use your slider set for my Connected Franchise and I have no real dramas.. However what is your opinion on rushinplayallgame's theory about reaction time at 5 and pass coverage at 84? Have you tried it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #272
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz85
Quinn; I use your slider set for my Connected Franchise and I have no real dramas.. However what is your opinion on rushinplayallgame's theory about reaction time at 5 and pass coverage at 84? Have you tried it?
No real opinion on another poster's theory, RoDogz. Though, I hope you are having good games if you are playing with these sliders.

I found that this year the sliders worked pretty much out of the box. I have noticed some posters that can't shake off that M25 "slideritis" bug though, and will probably keep on tweaking for more weeks upon months.

I can say this after testing games extensively though. Unlike in M25, sliders are NOT reversed like they were last year. Also, sliders are not mixed and matched, where you adjust one slider and it affects entirely different slider or gameplay aspect.

Last but not least, for the people testing penalty sliders and whether or not those are dramatically affecting gameplay when adjusting, you can forget that, this is I repeat, NOT M25 (which was merely a port from last gen, at that). I most of the penalty sliders from default and adjusted up in increments of 5, all while playing plenty games with my sliders, and the overall stats played out pretty much the same for every game. I have put up 4 full box scores in this thread (although I've temporarily stopped doing so), and this was while testing penalties, and nothing altered the gameplay enough to skew the stats, which the stats from the full box scores prove.

I could keep posting box scores and showing off good statistical numbers for these sliders, but I'm past that point now. I'm done adjusting the sliders for myself, and leave them open for anyone else that wants to use them to tweak to their preference, if they feel the need to do so.

As for theorizing on the sliders for M15, there really is no need. They work fine out of the box. The games I get with mine are great as is. I feel bad for anyone that might get "slideritis" this year.

The only real issue still remaining in my opinion, is still the number of sacks taken, but that CAN NOT be fixed with the current sliders, no matter what ideas someone has. That is yet again, on EA's end and in their power to go ahead and make the proper changes once again, to further fix the sack issue, however that fix may be.

As I said, the game is playing great with these sliders as is, I'm getting a various and somewhat numerous amount of penalties for teams in games, after working slowly on adjusting up the penalty sliders, and I'm not changing them and am just enjoying the game now. The only way I would tweak them again is if EA makes any gameplay changes, then I'll come back and start taking second looks.

Anyone else is free to try these sliders and I've always encouraged players to tweak a slider setting as they see fit off of any base set of sliders. Afterall, that's how I came up with these, if you read my original post.

Hope the sliders work out for anyone giving them a try. Remember to give them a good run before moving on. Try switching teams up (inferior vs superior and vice versa), or playing the same teams over and over again, to really test them. Play as or against bad to average or even elite QBs versus good defenses and bad defenses, ect. There are many ways that is the best way, to test a slider set. Good luck, have fun. Gladly, and thankfully no "slideritis" for me this year. Much improved product slider-wise this year, than M25 was last year.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-16-2014 at 06:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »