Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 36 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #281
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Is anyone playing with these on an Online CFM with the starting QB's edited to throw the ball away at paronoid?

I'm playing with the Panthers and for the most part like the gameplay, but I'm getting 10 sacks a game easily.

I've increased the CPU's run blocking as well to assist and help them run the ball better, which they are for the most part, but anytime they get in a 3rd and long, it's generally a sack or a dump off to a RB.

Any ideas?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:59 AM   #282
Banned

OVR: 1

Had two great games in a row with these sliders.

First game against the Browns, this is fantasy draft mind you, my all rookie team vs the world.

Anywho, first half it was 10 to 10. Both teams defenses stacking up well and stopping each other on 3rd and short over and over again. Scoring drives were at least 8 minutes long for each side.

Get to the 4th qtr and it feels the same, I dont have much time, Im not getting a ton of pressure but I think got 3 sacks, while they got 2.

Then I get the ball with 2 minutes on the clock, run once, twice get a first down, throw twice nothing. Im at the 50 and try for a deep TE fade. Perfect Pass, perfect catch Im in FG range. Run a few times to throw out there timeouts. Get the clock to 2 seconds and kick for the win.

Next game was against the hated Ravens, immediately I roll down the field and score. And good thing to, Aaron Rodgers took command, Whitehead was a beast and they score easily. It goes back and forth but I just CANNOT stop either there passing or running. I believe it was 10 to 21 at half, ravens up.

Second half they get an early field goal, I answer with a TD run. They come back and late in the third start a drive at there 7 that goes all the way and chews up 10:23 off the clock. 31 to 17 ravens.

I get the ball back do nothing, punt. They get the ball and do nothing, though they did take some time off.

With 4 minutes left I get the ball and over and over again I get stuffed on 1st and 2nd only to come through on 3rd. Finally I score with less then 6 seconds left. 31 to 24 ravens.

I kick an onside kick, and GET IT!!! First time ever in madden, EVER since the first madden has the onside kick worked for me. 3 seconds, time for one play.

I toss it up to the endzone and its Mike Evans 1on1 with who knows, never looked. Evans didnt fight for it, didnt even look for the ball. It fell right in front of his face. End of game.

I did get 4 sacks with Aaron Donald, an end in my 3-4 defense. But several of those were broken run plays where the QB didnt get the ball off. I got a couple sacks with Mack and Clowney, but that was against Garappolo after I took Rodgers out for a few minutes.

Just great games.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #283
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Is anyone playing with these on an Online CFM with the starting QB's edited to throw the ball away at paronoid?

I'm playing with the Panthers and for the most part like the gameplay, but I'm getting 10 sacks a game easily.

I've increased the CPU's run blocking as well to assist and help them run the ball better, which they are for the most part, but anytime they get in a 3rd and long, it's generally a sack or a dump off to a RB.

Any ideas?
There is nothing you can do about the sacks. Its a problem that EA will just have to fix. If you can move passed it (pretend it was a poor pass or a way or the CPU not just marching down the field) the game plays well. I am 8-7 with the Titans and all the stats are realistic apart from sacks. I have 75 through 15! but hey ho.

Just playing my decider now against the Colts. Winner takes all into playoffs.

Afterwards ill post season stats to show the rest went well.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #284
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

Any ideas?
I just had a great game yesterday with that exact setup. I only had 4 sacks and Romo actually completed a bomb for a TD.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #285
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Any ideas?
I'm playing with the front page sliders, but with the edited rosters, all qbs on paranoid and thrown away. Played 2 first season games in my online Bills CCM. Getting awesome results. Aways had more than 6 sacks per game, but now i have 3 in 2 games.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #286
Bash Brothers

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quinn or anyone... I need some advice.

I'm using your sliders which play great but the last 2 games I've played I had my RBs disappear... I haven't had this problem at all until the last 2 nights of playing... I'm using the exact sliders from OP.

Any ideas?
Wisconsin Badgers
Old 09-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #287
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Quinn or anyone... I need some advice.

I'm using your sliders which play great but the last 2 games I've played I had my RBs disappear... I haven't had this problem at all until the last 2 nights of playing... I'm using the exact sliders from OP.

Any ideas?
Hey, I don't know what to tell you, except make sure everything is set exactly the same as the OP.

I've played countless games now, and have yet to have a player disappear using Aaron's original auto-subs and the RB sub in/out at 78/90 (you could try 78/82, his original setting for RB). It's been working perfectly thus far in my online CFM.

If you do have everything exactly the same, as you stated, make sure you are adjusting your auto-subs setting inside your CFM, just to be sure. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you, as I haven't had any players disappear on me with these auto-sub settings, yet.

I'm sorry to hear you are having disappearing players with these auto-subs though. Hopefully you find a fix, or someone else can possibly chime in with some insight on your issue.

By the way, to anyone wondering, I'm still playing with these sliders and still having great games. I still have not found a reason to adjust, and probably won't unless EA actually changes something with the gameplay. Though, I still encourage people to tweak to their own satisfaction.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-23-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #288
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

I have made two adjustments since my last update to the OP, that I never did actually update in the OP, until now. It is nothing major, but I felt the adjustment was needed as I wasn't seeing the specific penalties being called often enough, or at all.

I've adjusted Offside to 95 from 85.

This penalty is actually called occasionally as an encroachment call, or the CPU QB fake hiking the ball, then quickly hiking it to catch the defender jumping offside. I've seen both more than once now. With it at 95, you may see it more often. It's nice to see on occasion.

I've adjusted Clipping to 95 from 85.

This penalty I have gone up in increments of 5 from default to get it how I want it. I liken this penalty to holding being called, or even rarer. Someone in this thread previously stated they had 9 clipping calls in one game (with it at 90), and I kept it 85. I've played 15+ games now with it at 85 and have yet to see it called. So, clipping has been adjusted to 95 for now, and I'll probably just leave it there for good.

Both penalty slider adjustments have been updated in the OP.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »