Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:46 PM   #289
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Hey, I don't know what to tell you, except make sure everything is set exactly the same as the OP.

I've played countless games now, and have yet to have a player disappear using Aaron's original auto-subs and the RB sub in/out at 78/90 (you could try 78/82, his original setting for RB). It's been working perfectly thus far in my online CFM.

If you do have everything exactly the same, as you stated, make sure you are adjusting your auto-subs setting inside your CFM, just to be sure. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you, as I haven't had any players disappear on me with these auto-sub settings, yet.

I'm sorry to hear you are having disappearing players with these auto-subs though. Hopefully you find a fix, or someone else can possibly chime in with some insight on your issue.

By the way, to anyone wondering, I'm still playing with these sliders and still having great games. I still have not found a reason to adjust, and probably won't unless EA actually changes something with the gameplay. Though, I still encourage people to tweak to their own satisfaction.
Ok thanks bro!

I'll re-enter the sliders and see what happens... Love the way these sliders play!! Nice work dude!
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 PM   #290
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0

After more games, I've recently made what I believe to be necessary gameplay slider adjustments. Yes, I've said the gameplay sliders were final before, but this IS it. No more adjustments from here on out, unless EA makes changes to the gameplay, which causes the sliders to behave differently. This is no "slideritis," but slight adjustments I've made under specific scrutiny of on-the-field gameplay, and which I feel needed to be tuned for more specific realistic results.

You can adjust these yourself, or continue playing with the previous gameplay slider settings, but I feel these were needed changes after more extensive playing. Overall, just several changes were made.

Here are the slider adjustments.

Player Skill:

Run Blocking - 50 (down from 55)

Pass Coverage - 50 (up from 40)

CPU Skill:

Run Blocking - 60 (down from 65)

The OP has been edited to reflect these gameplay slider adjustments.

In all, I felt the run game needed to be tweaked some (User Run Blocking), definitely. For user running, if you played enough games and would take notice of your RB's yards per carry from game to game, they were a bit in the high-end range for some of the average running backs, especially against some of the better defenses, this should slightly lower that average, but you'll still get your yards with good backs, as well as grind out hard-fought yardage with below-average to average RBs. This should keep you from topping the rushing yardage total year to year in your CFM with average an RB (keeping you in check), while the more elite backs move up some on that list and not be pushed down.

The CPU running game (CPU Run Blocking) needed to be tweaked slightly as well, as I've played some games with great front 7's allowing too many yards sometimes to average RBs. These RBs should more often than not get shut down on many carries, instead of breaking off huge runs. The adjustment to this slider will slightly lower this outcome, but still allow average RBs to grind out yards against better defenses, over the course of a game. Below average RBs will struggle against a good front 7, but still grind out yards on you, that is if the CPU does not abandon the run early.

Finally, I believe the CPU Pass Coverage slider needed to be slightly adjusted (too high and you WILL see higher sack totals), as some average QBs would usually start hot early on, and sometimes continue on their streak of a higher than not completion percentage. Before, over the course of the game, you would eventually get pass break-ups and errant passes by these QBs, but I still found the completion percentages to be in the high-end range for some average QBs at the end of games, and possibly even for the below average QBs (but not often for them). For the above average to elite QBs, this slight adjustment to the Pass Coverage slider should not affect them that much at all.

You will just get slightly better coverage from your DBs against lower-tier WRs and lower-tier QBs, and hopefully see CPU QB completion percentages anywhere from the 50's to mid 50's (bad to a slightly average/mediocre game passing) to 60 and 70 percent (good to great game passing) for the better QBs and WRs you go up against. It is a very slight adjustment, like my previous, but it should ultimately slightly alter stats and the on-the-field gameplay a bit, as the User and CPU Run Blocking sliders will slightly as well. Just enough in my opinion, to make a good, more realistic difference.

These WILL be my final adjustments to any and all sliders from here on out, with this set (pending EA gameplay changes). I feel this will give you the best balance of gameplay, so don't hesitate to try them out, or even tweak them yourself as you play with them.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-25-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #291
Rookie

Can anyone tell me how to get my sliders to load in connected franchise? I have them all set and saved on the main menu and they are loading just fine for exhibition, but whenever I try to start a new connected franchise it goes back to default settings for everything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #292
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboirell
Can anyone tell me how to get my sliders to load in connected franchise? I have them all set and saved on the main menu and they are loading just fine for exhibition, but whenever I try to start a new connected franchise it goes back to default settings for everything.
Well, assuming you are playing in an online CFM, slide all the way to the right (on your main CFM screen) to where you see "Settings" and click on that, then you should see a "Sliders" option to click on from there. Once you click on that, choose "Import Custom Sliders," and it should automatically save once you back out, as long as you don't disconnect once you've done so. I'd enter them, then back out of the online CFM, then re-enter just to make sure they are saved.

Just in case you have a problem with auto-subs as well, be sure to choose "Click & Submit" inside your CFM, for those to be entered permanently.

Anyway, hope that remedies your problem with the sliders.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #293
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Well, assuming you are playing in an online CFM, slide all the way to the right (on your main CFM screen) to where you see "Settings" and click on that, then you should see a "Sliders" option to click on from there. Once you click on that, choose "Import Custom Sliders," and it should automatically save once you back out, as long as you don't disconnect once you've done so. I'd enter them, then back out of the online CFM, then re-enter just to make sure they are saved.

Just in case you have a problem with auto-subs as well, be sure to choose "Click & Submit" inside your CFM, for those to be entered permanently.

Anyway, hope that remedies your problem with the sliders.
I got them imported now. Thanks a lot for the help.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 PM   #294
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboirell
I got them imported now. Thanks a lot for the help.

No problem, glad it worked for you.

By the way, the OP has been updated with all of the final slider adjustments (go to page 29 to see the changes). Anyone using these sliders may want to do a double-take and make sure the sliders are accurate with what you are using now, as what is in the OP, is final now. Enjoy!

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-25-2014 at 04:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:16 PM   #295
Rookie

OVR: 4

Not since the 1992 Chargers has a team gone 0-4 and still made the playoffs. Well some how, despite losing the "win and in" final game against the Colts 38-17, other results fell the Titans way and at 8-8, we have snuck into the playoffs. Totally unexpected but hte 2nd half of the season an easier schedule being truthful helped me pick up some vital wins.

Next game is the 12-4 Ravens....

Before that, I wanted to post a bit of a season review. I know this is a slider forum and a seaosn review might be a strange place to put it, but It helps to demonstrate how good these sliders are and that despite the sack problem which just cannot be sorted for now, the rest of the game has played well. Also, imho, SLIDER fans like reading about other peoples games, I know I do, so here goes.

QB's -

Locker gets injured in game 2, Mettenberger never looks back. The Locker era is over in Tennessee as will not be renewing his contract.

Mettenberger - 282/470 20TD 13INT - 85.7 QBR

HB's -

At the start of the season I though McCluster might be the guy. But it turns out Shone Green was the more reliable and steadier runner. McCluster got more YPC, but he was too injury prone to carry it through. Still I think this position could be fine next year.

Greene - 296 for 1185 6TD 3FUM
McCluster - 59 for 310 TD
Sankey 16 for 76

(decent split - I play 87/84 In/out btw)

Receiving:-

No one carried the load as everyone chipped in.

Wright - 61 for 755 (NO TDS!!! - concerning)
Washington - 56 for 671 3TD
Durham - 42 for 500 5TD
Walker - 36 for 418 7TD
Greene - 32 for 546 4TD
Hunter - 27 for 345 3TD

Defense:-

Ok I'll get this out of the way - we got 79 Sacks. Thankfully no one broke individual record so I can continue to pretend these are like holding calls lol. Nothing can be done about this, although not playing D-line does help.

The rest looks very respectable.

Pass Def - 3rd (3485)
Rush Def -31st (2135 -I think i had 3 games where CPU was over 250yds rushing. Soft zone helped pass defense but got gashed on the ground).
Overall - 26th
Interceptions - 4th (25)
Fumble Rec - Joint 16th (6)
Turnover eff - +12

Zach Brown was my favorite player. The MLB got 136 tackles, 19TFL and 3 INT. Really good player.

So there it is, apart from the sacks, nothing really looks untoward imo. Thanks Quinn these and to the rest, have fun. ONTO THE PLAYOFFS!!

EDIT:- Lost 29-6 against Ravens. One thing I have noticed. If you turn off "defense visual aid" sacks are decreased.

Last edited by Roncatto; 09-25-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM   #296
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Not since the 1992 Chargers has a team gone 0-4 and still made the playoffs. Well some how, despite losing the "win and in" final game against the Colts 38-17, other results fell the Titans way and at 8-8, we have snuck into the playoffs. Totally unexpected but hte 2nd half of the season an easier schedule being truthful helped me pick up some vital wins.

Next game is the 12-4 Ravens....

Before that, I wanted to post a bit of a season review. I know this is a slider forum and a seaosn review might be a strange place to put it, but It helps to demonstrate how good these sliders are and that despite the sack problem which just cannot be sorted for now, the rest of the game has played well. Also, imho, SLIDER fans like reading about other peoples games, I know I do, so here goes.

QB's -

Locker gets injured in game 2, Mettenberger never looks back. The Locker era is over in Tennessee as will not be renewing his contract.

Mettenberger - 282/470 20TD 13INT - 85.7 QBR

HB's -

At the start of the season I though McCluster might be the guy. But it turns out Shone Green was the more reliable and steadier runner. McCluster got more YPC, but he was too injury prone to carry it through. Still I think this position could be fine next year.

Greene - 296 for 1185 6TD 3FUM
McCluster - 59 for 310 TD
Sankey 16 for 76

(decent split - I play 87/84 In/out btw)

Receiving:-

No one carried the load as everyone chipped in.

Wright - 61 for 755 (NO TDS!!! - concerning)
Washington - 56 for 671 3TD
Durham - 42 for 500 5TD
Walker - 36 for 418 7TD
Greene - 32 for 546 4TD
Hunter - 27 for 345 3TD

Defense:-

Ok I'll get this out of the way - we got 79 Sacks. Thankfully no one broke individual record so I can continue to pretend these are like holding calls lol. Nothing can be done about this, although not playing D-line does help.

The rest looks very respectable.

Pass Def - 3rd (3485)
Rush Def -31st (2135 -I think i had 3 games where CPU was over 250yds rushing. Soft zone helped pass defense but got gashed on the ground).
Overall - 26th
Interceptions - 4th (25)
Fumble Rec - Joint 16th (6)
Turnover eff - +12

Zach Brown was my favorite player. The MLB got 136 tackles, 19TFL and 3 INT. Really good player.

So there it is, apart from the sacks, nothing really looks untoward imo. Thanks Quinn these and to the rest, have fun. ONTO THE PLAYOFFS!!

EDIT:- Lost 29-6 against Ravens. One thing I have noticed. If you turn off "defense visual aid" sacks are decreased.
That sounds like a fun CFM Roncatto. I actually traded for Mettenberger for my Rams CFM, and it was the best decision I've made for the franchise. The kid is an absolute beast in-game. With all of his throwing accuracy stats already in the mid 70's, you don't even need to touch them right away, and can just start dropping points into his Throw Power attribute (he does have a very, very strong arm), or some more in his Play Action attribute as that is slightly low to start out.

I can't believe Jake Locker has 95 THP, but Mett has a 93 THP. I can assure you Mett's arm strength is greater than that of Locker's. Anyway, I think Metttenberger is one of the best rookies in the game, and probably the best rookie QB in the game. Just pump up his THP a good bit, raise his play action (if you call it often) to about 75 or 80, and in his 2nd year, maybe 3rd, his throwing accuracies will be in the mid to high 80's across the board. Only downside, like in real life, he is very immobile, so you definitely need a great pass blocking O-line for him.

Glad you had a good comeback to the season.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have the latest changes I made to the sliders, which can be found in the OP now. Also on page 29 I explain the changes. The game is playing superb, in my opinion. Good luck, have fun.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-25-2014 at 07:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »