Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 04:10 PM   #305
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

With your defensive autosub sliders do you see your first, 2nd CB/LB etc coming in all the time?

I usually use Aarons Autosubs, and my guys do get tired.

But with yours it seems my secondary defense is coming in ALOT in the 3rd and 4th qtr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 04:39 PM   #306
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDealHolyField
With your defensive autosub sliders do you see your first, 2nd CB/LB etc coming in all the time?

I usually use Aarons Autosubs, and my guys do get tired.

But with yours it seems my secondary defense is coming in ALOT in the 3rd and 4th qtr.

I'll just re-post a post I had an answer to someone's question in Aaron's auto-sub thread a while back, regarding his original auto-sub settings (which are the one's I'm using) and how they were working for me compared to his updated set. His original set is/was great, and that's why I continue to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Just curious, are you seeing OL, DL, LB and DB substitutions?
I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control my RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #307
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'll just re-post a post I had an answer to someone's question in Aaron's auto-sub thread a while back, regarding his original auto-sub settings (which are the one's I'm using) and how they were working for me compared to his updated set. His original set is/was great, and that's why I continue to use them.

I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control my RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.
Ok thanks. I noticed my OLB going out less if I dont blitz alot. But my MLB really does go out every other player in the 3rd and 4th.

And Ive seen my Corners go out for almost entire drives.

Maybe just my team? Will have to look at there stamina stats, maybe there just a bunch of wusses lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #308
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDealHolyField
Ok thanks. I noticed my OLB going out less if I dont blitz alot. But my MLB really does go out every other player in the 3rd and 4th.

And Ive seen my Corners go out for almost entire drives.

Maybe just my team? Will have to look at there stamina stats, maybe there just a bunch of wusses lol.
Could be a stamina issue. If not, then you can try Aaron's updated auto-sub settings. I haven't tried them, but I'm sure they work great. I just thought his original auto-subs worked perfect from the get go.

I have a friend using these sliders, and his RB Steven Jackson (Falcons) has something like 97 or 98 stamina, and with my current RB auto-subs he rarely subs out. When he does though, it's usually for 3 plays, which is a good thing.

Now, my RB Zac Stacy is about three or four points lower in stamina (not even that much) than Jackson, and my backup will sub out much more often than Jackson does, if I keep pounding the ball with him. Though, my backup RB doesn't always seem to get three plays in before Stacy is subbed back in. I don't understand that, maybe he recovers faster. lol..

I know about his RBs' subbing patterns from watching his twitch streams in case you were wondering.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #309
Pro

OVR: 4

Hey Quinn, you've done a great job with these! Any ideas to make the game harder? I seem to be taking care of teams pretty well. (Offensively, my team still sometimes struggles defensively)
Old 09-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #310
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lere2001
Hey Quinn, you've done a great job with these! Any ideas to make the game harder? I seem to be taking care of teams pretty well. (Offensively, my team still sometimes struggles defensively)
Thanks.

First, I'd need to know what team you're using. You maybe should be handling teams fairly easy.

Secondly, the only advice I can give to make the game play harder is to tweak some sliders, depending on what you do well against other teams. If the run game is too easy, adjust the user Run Blocking slider down a bit, until you see a change. Doing too well in the passing game, adjust the CPU Pass Coverage slider up a bit. Not throwing INTs, go up a bit on the Interception slider. The Reaction Time slider should result in more defensive pass break-ups and INTs as well, as DBs will break on the ball quicker when you throw it. The list goes on and on with slider tweaks. Just don't get too lost in too much tweaking or you'll get the worse thing in Madden slider-adjusting, "slideritis." Where it seems to never stop.. lol..

If it is too easy though, there is always Charter's All-Madden sliders. I'm sure they are pretty good.

My best advice though, is to figure out what your strengths are, think about what slider might need tweaking in regard to that, and slightly tweak them up or down. I usually use increments of 5 when adjusting, but 2 or 3 can work fine as well.

Anyway, I hope you can find a better balance if the game is too easy for you with these sliders. You can always try other All-Pro sliders, All-Madden, or do some tweaking of your own, which I always encourage to users.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-26-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:15 PM   #311
Pro

OVR: 4

Fair enough. Thanks for the response. I'm using the Eagles right now and only beat the Bills 24-17 (I was up 31-3 by halftime in the first game but it froze). McCoy ran for 191 yards on 24 carries though :/ Sproles ran for 42 on 7 carries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #312
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Quinn I am enjoying these. Quick question since I am lazy and do not feel like looking through the thread lol. Has anyone been using these on slow speed? Just curious to see if people we getting the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »