Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 40 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #313
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols2344
Quinn I am enjoying these. Quick question since I am lazy and do not feel like looking through the thread lol. Has anyone been using these on slow speed? Just curious to see if people we getting the same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These sliders should be pretty universal in regard to gameplay speed. I would expect them to play well on slow speed.

I adjusted them on normal speed, but the base set I tweaked came from Armor's v1.2 set (which came days after release), and he played on slow speed while adjusting those, so you should be fine playing on slow. I'm not 100% sure though, but my best guess is the sliders should translate to slow speed as well.

Hope they work just as well on slow, and I'm glad you like them.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #314
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
These sliders should be pretty universal in regard to gameplay speed. I would expect them to play well on slow speed.

I adjusted them on normal speed, but the base set I tweaked came from Armor's v1.2 set (which came days after release), and he played on slow speed while adjusting those, so you should be fine playing on slow. I'm not 100% sure though, but my best guess is the sliders should translate to slow speed as well.

Hope they work just as well on slow, and I'm glad you like them.
Thanks for the response!

GT: Kwebbvols4423
PSN: Kwebbvols44232
Old 09-26-2014, 07:51 PM   #315
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Twitch broadcasting online cfm: Hunkerdownuga
Quinns full settings.

Final score:

Saints 31 at Falcons 38 (me)

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 09-26-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #316
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

How these sliders looking stat wise? I'm getting madden next week and I need some sim gameplay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2014, 10:11 PM   #317
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting game 2 against bengals now.

Twitch: Hunkerdownuga

Final score:

Falcons (me ) 21 at Bengals 40

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 09-26-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #318
Just started!

Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Greetings Quinn, I have been using your full sliders for the past few days on CF with the dirty birds and I absolutely love them, but do I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) The opposing QB has an ungodly completion percentage most games. I'm talking like constantly above 75%. Regardless of who it is. Dan Orlovsky, Teddy Bridgewater... So is there any way to adjust that without destroying the CPU QBA or drastically increasing user reaction time?

2) The above holds true unless they are in the red zone. In the Red Zone the CPU is so anemic. Something like 80% of CPU drives in the Red Zone ended in field goals over the last 5 game stretch. Way to many. Any thoughts on that?

Lastly, I have yet to have more than 5 sacks in any of the 13 games I have played on your sliders. So congrats on figuring that out.

Thanks a lot for your work. This is undeniable the best madden in ages, but your set has made it a lot more enjoyable.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:06 AM   #319
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Decided to start an online CFM. Randomly picked the Giants, using these sliders with slow speed. Love the way they play.

Played the Lions week 1, I won 40-35. Stafford had 79% completion which is kind of high (not the sliders fault).

I had 4 sacks which was great! Also, there were 5 penalties called! Holding, offside, face mask, and false start.

Stafford was really killing me in the first half but then I had an 80 yd pick 6. I also caught the defense on a blitz and ran for a 56 yd TD.

GT: Kwebbvols4423
PSN: Kwebbvols44232
Old 09-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #320
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningKilo
Greetings Quinn, I have been using your full sliders for the past few days on CF with the dirty birds and I absolutely love them, but do I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) The opposing QB has an ungodly completion percentage most games. I'm talking like constantly above 75%. Regardless of who it is. Dan Orlovsky, Teddy Bridgewater... So is there any way to adjust that without destroying the CPU QBA or drastically increasing user reaction time?

2) The above holds true unless they are in the red zone. In the Red Zone the CPU is so anemic. Something like 80% of CPU drives in the Red Zone ended in field goals over the last 5 game stretch. Way to many. Any thoughts on that?

Lastly, I have yet to have more than 5 sacks in any of the 13 games I have played on your sliders. So congrats on figuring that out.

Thanks a lot for your work. This is undeniable the best madden in ages, but your set has made it a lot more enjoyable.
Glad you are enjoying the sliders, first of all.

Now on to the CPU QB completion percentages. For one, allowing the QB to pass for such a high percentage, many factors come in play. How well does your defensive line get pressure on the QB, to cause errant passes or the odd throw aways? Secondly, how good is your secondary overall, to cover some of the better TEs or WRs? Another factor is play-calling, and if you are calling the right plays to play to the strength of your secondary. For example, the proper time to call zone or man coverage and how often you should call one or the other, depending all on the strengths and weakness of your defense.

Calling your own plays on certain downs and distances for most of the game is also a much better solution than using Coach Suggestion, just in case you may be using that feature. Coach Suggestion will give you some obvious plays to call on a certain down and distance on defense, but you have to remember your strengths and weaknesses of you defense and factor that into the play-call as well.

I have a friend (the one who was broadcasting above these posts, jaa1980) who also plays as the Falcons, and I keep telling him he needs to work on his D-line and his secondary, because he lacks any real pressure and his DBs (except for Trufant) get torched sometimes. So keep that in mind. Although, completion percentages at 80-90% shouldn't be happening regardless of the Falcon's D-line or secondary (which is why I moved the user pass coverage slider to 50 from 45). Falcons have a GREAT offense, but is lacking in-game in the secondary and on the D-line a good bit.

As for slider adjustments, the problem with going too high on pass coverage, you will start to see very high sack totals again as the CPU's WRs will be blanketed, thus the QBs will usually start holding on to the ball too long. If you up Reaction Time too much, you'll see more DBs breaking quicker on the ball once it's released, but you'll also get many more interceptions. You might be able to slightly tweak that up 5 points for the user and see how that performs though.

I play as the Rams, and they have a pretty stout front 7, an elite D-line for sure, and pretty young but okay secondary. In my experience in games thus far, I haven't had any crazy high completion percentages, at least not yet. I attribute that to my defense playing so well though. On defense, calling my own plays out of the Formations tab, mixing in zone and man blitzing, along with regular zone and man coverages (I play mostly zone as it's a strength of my secondary overall), I can put up a good fight against an opposing CPU QB, and keep them from getting those crazy completion percentages. If the CPU QB decides to dink and dunk and go underneath on drag routes and such, high completion passes, well that is hard to stop, but it can be, and if you do you will notice the QB going to more intermediate and deep routes, where you'll also get more incompletions by them.

Another good way to stop the CPU QB from completing the high completion percentage routes, is quickly adjusting your secondary before the play, to either "Underneath" if they seem to be calling a lot of drag/slant routes, or "Outside" to help on the short outside and curl routes, not to mention screen plays from time to time. Then you have "Overtop" if they are dropping balls on intermediate to deep routes on you often. Mix that in with D-line and LB adjustments all before the snap. It takes some practice to be quick on the adjustments before a snap, but it does help some.

Unfortunately, with these sliders and playing as the Rams on defense, I have yet to see any unrealistically high CPU QB completion percentages, but that doesn't mean there could be a problem. You just have to remember to take some other things into account as well, as I previously mentioned in this post.

I also haven't seen too many problems with the CPU scoring TDs in the rezone either, but that could also be the teams I'm playing. Sometimes they score a TD on a good play-call from 5-10-15 yards out, sometimes I can put up a goal line stand.

So in all, I'm sorry you're seeing these crazy high completion percentages with these sliders. I just haven't yet. The best advice I can give is very slightly tweaking the User Pass Coverage slider up a bit, or possibly the User Reaction Time, but know that will affect other parts of the on-the-field gameplay. The other advice would be to work on the Falcon's secondary for better pass coverage, or the D-line to cause more pressure and more errant passes and throw aways, which do happen with the CPU QB when they are under pressure. Good play-calling and a good overall defense go a long way this year in M15.

So as I said, I'm sorry you're having these problems, but I have not yet, and I hope I said something that might help. Definitely don't be afraid to tweak the base set of these sliders if you think they need to be tweaked though. I'd look at User Pass Coverage and Reaction Time, but adjust in small increments if you do try adjusting them.

As I said, I haven't had these problems, so I tried my best to answer your inquiries about these two problems you are having. I hope you find something that works for you though.

EDIT: I may start posting full box scores again for my games to give people an idea of what kind of games I'm having. A full box score can mostly tell you the tale of how the whole game played out, minus a few certain game-changing plays that happen occasionally.

In case anyone doesn't know how to post box scores for games, you can go here.
Scroll down and to the right until you see "Football," then the second link from the top is the "Box Score" link. Just click on that and enter your game's stats, and then you can generate an html link to copy/paste on here for everyone to see. It takes a little time to complete after a game, but it gives players a good idea of how your games are going with a certain set of sliders.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-27-2014 at 04:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »