Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 47 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #369
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportomatic75
I feel like these sliders allow the CPU QB to dominate. Always putting up big points. I will play a few more teams to possibly get a different feel. Maybe I should lower the CPU QB accuracy.
Don't worry about adjusting CPU QB accuracy, it won't have the affect you seek to tone down the completion percentage for the CPU QBs. At 10 CPU QB accuracy, the lower-tier QBs will still struggle, I've seen it enough times to say so.

You also have to take into account QBs that will take what you give them, easy high completion percentage passing routes, along the lines of dinking and dunking.

I've played enough games now that I have figured out that raising the User Pass Coverage slider up a bit, doesn't really affect the amount of sacks. I thought so at first, but that just isn't the case.

I'm going with some final changes here. I won't bother changing anything else, as I've played a lot of games and have had experience with the CPU enough to have an idea on what needs to be changed.

I'm changing the User and CPU Pass Coverage slider to 55 from 45.

You'll see the receivers blanketed a bit more by your DBs with this change, and with 45 Pass Defense Reaction Time, more pass break-ups (swatted balls) or INTs.

I also going to change User and CPU Interceptions slightly, as I have seen way too many wide open drops by DBs, and I want the User to be more careful reading through his progressions and making the decision to throw it to that receiver, or actually throwing the ball away instead of possibly taking the INT. Be more careful throwing the ball, and throw it away if needed, don't force it. I know it's a hard habit to break, but it's certainly more sim, in my opinion.

I'm changing User and CPU Interception slider to 40 from 35.

These are changes I felt needed to be done, personally, you can keep what is currently up, but I am going to update the original post with these updates. These ARE the final changes I make, as I feel these sliders are as close to as sim as I can get them, without EA fixes, in the future. I hope you enjoy, and they play well for you.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 10-04-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #370
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Stop making changes!!! LOL

GT: Kwebbvols4423
PSN: Kwebbvols44232
Old 10-04-2014, 11:18 PM   #371
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols2344
lol.. Well, these are the last changes I'm making, so take comfort in that.

Also know that these changes weren't made without first being sure they should be changed for a better on-the-field experience. They are slight, but should also slightly adjust the gameplay on the field for, which I hope is a better one overall.. slightly. There are certain things that only EA can fix from here on out.

I feel comfortable with these settings being the final changes for the sliders. Remember though Kyle, you can use the old settings (just ask me if you forget what they were), instead of the new adjustments, but I believe these are good for the final slider settings and overall gameplay.

With that, enjoy!
Old 10-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #372
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Coach Mode play Now only changes from the OP were updated auto subs with fatigue at 65 from aholbert32 , And defensive graphics OFF and kick Arc Off since i coach , Jets 24 Chargers 3 Geno 29-37-210-1TD-1INT-78%, Rushing Johnson 15-66-1TD, Ivory 13-73, Powell 1-8 Smith 2- -4yrds, Receiving Decker 10-67, Nelson 5-42, Cumberland 4-33-1TD, Kerley 4-40, Ivory 3-12, Salas 2-9 , Johnson 1-7, Jets D 3 sacks 2 INT, Chargers Rivers 11-15-107-73% Injured before halftime and out for the game, Clemens 7-13-62-2INT-53% Rushing Oliver 9-43, Brown 7-33, Draughn 1-7, Receiving Allen 6-65, Gates 2-40, Brown 5-33, Floyd 2-19, Royal 1-7, Woodhead 1-3, Oliver 1-2, Charger D 2 sacks 1 INT, 6 penalties, Total Plays 118
Old 10-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #373
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Don't worry about adjusting CPU QB accuracy, it won't have the affect you seek to tone down the completion percentage for the CPU QBs. At 10 CPU QB accuracy, the lower-tier QBs will still struggle, I've seen it enough times to say so.

You also have to take into account QBs that will take what you give them, easy high completion percentage passing routes, along the lines of dinking and dunking.

I've played enough games now that I have figured out that raising the User Pass Coverage slider up a bit, doesn't really affect the amount of sacks. I thought so at first, but that just isn't the case.

I'm going with some final changes here. I won't bother changing anything else, as I've played a lot of games and have had experience with the CPU enough to have an idea on what needs to be changed.

I'm changing the User and CPU Pass Coverage slider to 55 from 45.

You'll see the receivers blanketed a bit more by your DBs with this change, and with 45 Pass Defense Reaction Time, more pass break-ups (swatted balls) or INTs.

I also going to change User and CPU Interceptions slightly, as I have seen way too many wide open drops by DBs, and I want the User to be more careful reading through his progressions and making the decision to throw it to that receiver, or actually throwing the ball away instead of possibly taking the INT. Be more careful throwing the ball, and throw it away if needed, don't force it. I know it's a hard habit to break, but it's certainly more sim, in my opinion.

I'm changing User and CPU Interception slider to 40 from 35.

These are changes I felt needed to be done, personally, you can keep what is currently up, but I am going to update the original post with these updates. These ARE the final changes I make, as I feel these sliders are as close to as sim as I can get them, without EA fixes, in the future. I hope you enjoy, and they play well for you.

The int change is very smart as i increased the CPU too. I think it's a better overall risk reward when you make a play or don't make a play, instead of just throwing the ball all around the field. I too have to get used to just throwing the ball away and living to fight another down like on Sunday's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #374
Rookie

Mikeyo918's Arena

hey Quinn great sliders, it gives the game a really good balance. Ive made some observations though while on defense, it could be coincidence or maybe something more. when I use defensive lock (click down on right stick) or the defensive camera while controlling one player, it seems the qb is automatic, connecting with the receivers on almost every pass, and the rb seems to find every hole and break big gains. now when I use the original camera, while still controlling just 1 player, the qb seems to be normal, inaccurate on throws, receivers dropping passes, and less room for the RB to break out.
I tested each quarter and the stats are completely different, say 1st quarter I use defensive cam, the QB is 11/12 120 yds, RB has 80 yds on 7 ATTs. and the next quarter I use the original cam, and the qb is 6/12 40 yds, rb has 25 yds on 7 ATTs.

have you or anyone experienced this?
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues

Last edited by Mikeyo918; 10-05-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #375
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols2344
Ditto, haha.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 10-06-2014, 11:54 AM   #376
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to your question sooner.

You should be absolutely fine with entering your auto-sub settings under just your team (1 team control). I have already noticed, in many games, the CPU actually subbing in their players at the positions where substitutions happen more regularly, RB being one key position with the CPU splitting carries when the starter gets "gassed."

I'm pretty positive that under 1 team control in online CFM, the auto-sub settings are universal for all teams, if that is the answer you are looking for. So, go ahead and start an online CFM with confidence and just enter your auto-sub settings. Everything should work fine for both the User and CPU.
Hi Quinn and guys.... sorry for a couple of more newbie questions here...Im going to start just a 1 year online Giants franchise soon. CFM is all completely new to me. Should I game prep before every pre-season game,even though im simulating pre-season ? I understand confidence is very important this year. Im quite confused on the XP points earned as well. For example,if a player has 800 XP points,do I hold onto those points,build them up ? Or do I spend these XP points in specific areas(run blocking,pass protection ect.) ? Do I use all his XP points like before week 1 of regular season? is there any benefit to accumulating 2000 XP points ? Do I spend all XP points on all players that have earned them in game prep,before I play a season game ? sorry again for newbie questions. Quite lost here !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »