Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #33
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Going to stream a week one CFM game Saints (me) at Falcons (cpu).

Using Mizous's 53 man roster, no QB edits and your sliders except that I will play on slow speed.

Let's see how this play and feel on slow no QB Edits and 15 min quarters.
How this go? All my games with your sliders have been defensive struggles, every game, looking for tweaks to have some variety in games.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #34
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

I was tired as a dog when I typed out that long threshold slider post lol... after watching the shellacking the Seahawks put on Green Bay. Green Bay's O-line was hurt, there D is actually all around not that great (and BJ Raji is out), so expect them to beat teams, but not the really good ones this year. I also believe the Saints are the only team THIS year actually built to beat the Seahawks. Not even the Broncos (again) or Patriots can, in my opinion. We may need them in the Dome with HFA, but we've had our fair share of experience now at their place. They are the real deal again this year. You just gotta create turnovers, run the ball against them (not pass 50 times), wear them down a bit, and play a close hard-fought game to pull off a win. The Saints have the pieces in place this year over all others. We'll see. Not on to slider talk!

By the way, Armor, you should really try these out on normal speed. I think they would play best on that speed. The user passing might be a little too easy (easier to read through your progressions for example) on slow. The running game will also be more fun, and a bit more realistic, in my opinion. Very cool of you to test out the sliders though.

And with that,

My point still stands on the threshold setting. Personally, I think it needs to stay at 0 threshold due to player ratings, and that's not our fault, that's what we've been given to work with by EA.

I believe you'll see better punt returns and returns for TDs with the it at 0, whereas those practically impossible for me in M25 with charter's All-Pro sliders, but that could have just been the team and player returning the punts for that time. I just never saw many game-busting special teams plays.

I'm okay with getting chased down by a guy with similar speed and/or acceleration to the ballcarrier I'm using, since as I stated, the ratings especially on All-Pro seem to matter a little more, and that's my basis to try and get realistic or proper speed seen in the game (also playing on normal speed). I also do believe the CPU gets slight bumps in speed as you go higher in difficulty, with All-Pro having a very slight change, and All-Madden they are all over you. Just try All-Madden and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also GrayDawg, I'm also fine with maybe a linemen hustling at a far off angle and cutting me off at the 10 yard line, if they did take a proper angle for the cut-off. Now, I would also like to make sure a fatigue linemen though, wouldn't catch fatigue, so you say you were at the 10 yard line, well with a fatigued linemen hopefully at 0 threshold that would've been a pick six instead. That is a valid reason to have it at 0, regardless of what testing has shown in matching 40-times while actually clocking and comparing players on a streak.

I'm just trying to work within the parameters of the player ratings and how that translates to the speed/separation we see on the field of play. Many don't agree with the player ratings, but it's one thing we do have to account for, and we always have said on All-Pro player ratings seem to matter most, out of all the other difficulty settings.

So, that is my final conclusion on the issue. Anyone is welcome to try different thresholds though. These sliders were just put up as a base set for others that might want to tweak them, but I found them playable after I made the tweaks from Armor's base set. Also, as I've previously stated the threshold slider this year is not very sensitive at all. It takes large increments to actually "feel" the difference on the field. 25 worked perfect for me in M25, and allowed the O-linemen to pull on blocks without being too slow and getting in the way of the RB. 0 this year seems to be the best, for me.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #35
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Going to stream a week one CFM game Saints (me) at Falcons (cpu).

Using Mizous's 53 man roster, no QB edits and your sliders except that I will play on slow speed.

Let's see how this play and feel on slow no QB Edits and 15 min quarters.
Really wish I could have watched it, man. Like I said above, you should definitely play on normal speed with these, as mentioned a couple of reasons why. You also have to be more patient with these pre-snap, as well as quick, making those pre-snap O-line adjustments for the incoming pressure, or you will take too many sacks on normal speed. Max protect when needed. That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #36
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Yeah and have every back playing in beast mode!
Not really, I find that I have a good balance of broken tackles/fluid animations throughout the broken tackles with the RBs you expect to break them, but not overly abundant with all backs.

It is better than running with a Lynch or Lacy (didn't play that well last night) and having 1 on 1 match ups end up in a tackle every time. Over and over, for the most part. And with multiple defenders, just multiply that behavior of tackle over tackle.

Now, without changing it or keeping it at 35, you still will probably see broken tackles with Lynch, playing as him and especially against him, but I think 25 is a good balance.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I am thinking about using these, but if a patch drops, it will probably make these rosters pointless, correct? I don't want to get 10 games in and have to start over.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #38
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I am thinking about using these, but if a patch drops, it will probably make these rosters pointless, correct? I don't want to get 10 games in and have to start over.
Well, these sliders were tweaked without the rosters or QB edits, so they should work with the patch and post-patch. Though they can also be used with the rosters and QB edits, which shouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:13 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Well, these sliders were tweaked without the rosters or QB edits, so they should work with the patch and post-patch. Though they can also be used with the rosters and QB edits, which shouldn't be a problem.
Sorry bro, I thought I was in Armor's thread. My apologies.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #40
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Sorry bro, I thought I was in Armor's thread. My apologies.
lol, no problem whatsoever, man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »