Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 50 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #393
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Is there a specific way you go about calling plays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't use Coach Suggestion for one. I think you can get away with using Coach Suggestion for offense, but on defense it will screw you over more often than not, even when they do suggest some plays that make sence to call.

I like to play the X's and O's of the game, so I call my own plays out of the Formations tab. Before every game, I "scout" my opponent's injuries and their depth chart to know what their strengths and weaknesses are at what positions. So that adds a layer of depth of how I'll begin to call a game.

I'll mix it up on defense, depending on my D (usually a 4-3), calling what I believe will play to the strength of my defensive players. I'll mix it up a good bit, so they don't know what's coming. If you understand formations well, and furthermore, understand each play itself well enough against what the offense has been calling on you, you can do well. Knowing what to call on certain downs and distances against an opponent's offense, is much better than just picking one of the plays from Coach Suggestion.

Along with that, I use pre-snap defensive adjustments often. I'll shift my d-line if I think I need to, crash the d-line a certain direction if need be. I'll shift LBs (spread them out if I think there is a screen or a run going off-tackle to the far outside) and switch up their coverage (or blitz) on the fly if I think it needs to happen. Most importantly, I very often use secondary adjustments. If the QB is calling too many routes underneath, then I'll switch to underneath, too many short out routes or screens, I'll move the secondary to play the outside. Same goes for overtop, but I find early on the QB takes the easy pass completions first. I'll press, but only if I know my CBs have a high enough press not to get burnt by a receiver that can release quickly and burn them. I'll also press from time to time, if I know my defense can get quick pressure on the QB. This goes back to scouting though. I'll scout their WRs, I won't press often if I'm going against Larry Fitzgerald, for example. I'll audible if need be, but not often.

Once you play enough, you'll be able to make multiple pre-snap adjustments in succession before the CPU snaps the ball. Just takes practice and memorization of where everything is and what buttons to press, and do it quickly.

As for calling plays out of formation for offense, I just mix it up often. I try to confuse the defense with my offensive play-calling (especially now that they improved adaptive defensive AI with the patch), as if I'm playing a real game. I play sim, so no cheese, but I really don't notice any cheese plays this year. At least not with my sliders, thus far.

As I said, I love to play the X's and O's of the game, rather than let the Coach Suggestion make the call. Also as I said, if you understand formations and plays well, on certain downs and distances, you'll do better in the long run calling your own defensive plays rather than using Coach Suggestion (and getting burnt more often than not from those plays). To each his/her own though. That's just my opinion from trying it both ways.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 10-08-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #394
VFL

kwebbvols4423's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Yeah I meant do you manually pick your offensive and defensive plays or Goto strategy and pick a play from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I manually pick my plays for offense and defense. I select by formation.

GT: Kwebbvols4423
PSN: Kwebbvols44232
Old 10-08-2014, 11:26 PM   #395
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I tend to go by concept on offense (since the type of play, outside of 2 Min and Goal Line offense is, IMO, slightly more important than the exact personnel package), and formation on defense (where I need to match up against the offensive personnel).

Sometimes, if I feel my playcalling is getting too predictable (either defensive or offensive) I will go with strategy suggestion for a play or two (call it advice that my coordinator(s) saw something I missed?); seems to help get me back on track.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #396
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Haven't played madden for a number of years and decided to start my offline CFM using these settings.

Just wanted to get a few tips on how people set up there cfm.

Should i go 32 team and put the other 31 on unlimited autopilot.
Also read somewhere on OS about putting the autosubs in for all the teams or is it not need as the cpu will use my settings.

Any little bit of guidance would great.Thanks.

edit: sorry put this in the wrong thread,was meant for A&S but anyone running a offline cfm can still help.

Last edited by dazzelle; 10-08-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #397
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980

I'm starting to think only way to maybe deflate sack stats is with lower quarter length. Because sim sack stats are okay, just issue with HUM vs CPU games, might retry game in CFM with 10 min qrts, no run off, and see what I get. Have you ever tried this?
Testing in my offline cfm in 1st 2 preseason games ,10 min qrts- 20 sec runoff. Both games had around 120 plays. Im falcons.

1: Dolphins at Falcons - 2 total sacks, 1 each

2: Falcons at Texans - 5 total sacks, 3 for Texans (real pass rush), 2 for me on blitz calls.

So far so good, might be only way to get decent sack totals in played games. Will continue test in next 2 preseason games . Only thing that will have to change is auto subs or fatigue as 4th qrt saw some starters coming back in from disappearing players.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #398
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I'm starting to think only way to maybe deflate sack stats is with lower quarter length. Because sim sack stats are okay, just issue with HUM vs CPU games, might retry falcons vs dolphins game with 10 min qrts, no run off, and see what I get. Have you ever tried this?

Maybe, though if you are getting 125-130 ppg, I would generally think the actual quarter length was irrelevant.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #399
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Maybe, though if you are getting 125-130 ppg, I would generally think the actual quarter length was irrelevant.
Not totally sure about that, so far better results. Played same dolphins falcons game in cfm at 14 min qrts, had 7 sacks in 1st half alone.

Like I said testing in last 2 preseason games as well to see.

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 10-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #400
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Not totally sure about that, so far better results. Played same dolphins falcons game in cfm at 14 min qrts, had 7 sacks in 1st half alone.

Like I said testing in last 2 preseason games as well to see.
Try changing IG and rtp to 50, also I have pass blk at 95. I've had great results. Avg 2 to 3 a side per game.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »