Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 53 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This account was shared by me and my brother but its now his, mine is J11Knight
Real post should be down below

Last edited by iamheat; 10-14-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:31 AM   #418
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

I have a question/concern. You say you play with no assists. If I recall, in Madden 25 I played with ball hawk off and it made defending the pass way harder. So is this case this year? I use the assists and it just seems like I should change the sliders up because I use them.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #419
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
After playing some more games the past few days, I've decided to make one final change. Nothing else needs to be changed, but I believe this does.

I am adjusting User and CPU Interceptions to 45 from 40.

Adjustment will be updated in the OP.

I am still seeing some wide open DBs dropping INTs, but not as many as I did way back at 35, now. So the change to 40 from 35 did help some. This is my final change, because there is no way I would put this slider at 50 (default) or over 50. Once you hit default, or leave it at default, even at 5 point increments, gameplay seems to change more drastically than any 5 point increment changes under the default setting. So, Interceptions at 45 is the final change. I think it'll be somewhat like the jump from 35 to 40. A few more less wide open interception drops by DBs.

Again, I am increasing the Interceptions slider, because I want multiple things. I wan the user to be more careful going through their progressions. I want less forced balls to the WR on every pass play, hoping for a completion or just an incompletion, but rather instead you may pay for it with an INT. I also want you to pay for passes to WRs with a DB right in front of your WR, again causing you to be more cautious passing, also while under duress from the D-line.

I would like to break the user out of the habit (which is difficult) of forcing pass to WRs hoping for a completion or just an incompletion, but rather throw the ball away (that is more sim, in my opinion), and in turn lowering your completion percentage (in case you may be doing too well with good QBs in that regard).

Anyway, it is a small change. It may help some. I think it will like the jump from 35 to 40. Be more careful passing the ball. Don't hesitate to throw it away. This is the final change as nothing else needs adjusting, and there is no way I'll be going over 45 for the Interceptions slider. So change it if you want, or leave it where it is, your choice. My final slider change, for real this time. Enjoy!

Lat night I threw 3 picks with nick files smh and CPU int was at 30. I have to get better at just throwing it away but I sometimes just want to make the big play. At 45 it would force me to throw it away more then I am now. Even though I am getting better at it. I just don't want the CPU to pick me off after every mistake I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #420
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

With the patch, has the sack issue been fixed?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #421
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Quinn's Sliders (A&S base set w/ tweaks) SLIDERS COMPLETE

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
With the patch, has the sack issue been fixed?

No. EA saw no issues. Or they said it was too big to change it through a patch.

take your pick
Old 10-15-2014, 04:29 AM   #422
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Sacks are clearly the biggest issue when it comes to sliders. I get the most sacks when I manually use a defensive linemen. Something I'm going to try doing is, if I'm going to manually use a defensive linemen on a certain play, I'm only going to press the finesse move or power move button once. If the player fails to release from his block then so be it. Yes the computer controlled players on my team will get sacks but I get the majority of sacks when I control a player.

These sliders are solid. I posted earlier about the assists (ball hawk and heat seeker) and I decided to set it exactly how you have it and I like it. The CPU QB finally isn't completing 80% of the passes however I'd like to see them go down field on more plays. Then again I'm only in my first game with this set and I'm playing the Jets so I can't exactly make full judgement yet.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #423
Knight Train

J11Knight's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Sacks are clearly the biggest issue when it comes to sliders. I get the most sacks when I manually use a defensive linemen. Something I'm going to try doing is, if I'm going to manually use a defensive linemen on a certain play, I'm only going to press the finesse move or power move button once. If the player fails to release from his block then so be it. Yes the computer controlled players on my team will get sacks but I get the majority of sacks when I control a player.

These sliders are solid. I posted earlier about the assists (ball hawk and heat seeker) and I decided to set it exactly how you have it and I like it. The CPU QB finally isn't completing 80% of the passes however I'd like to see them go down field on more plays. Then again I'm only in my first game with this set and I'm playing the Jets so I can't exactly make full judgement yet.
I know exactly what you mean on the sack thing, what i do is i control only the defensive tackle as it harder to get to the qb as a DT, when i run a formation without a DT, i user the safety or a linebacker
Old 10-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #424
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32

A great test to check for the 'sack' issue would be goin' up against the Saints and see how many sacks Brees takes. Also test out going up against Big Ben & Locker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »