Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #49
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

I was just watching Armor stream on twitch with the new tuner updates that were released, and it seems the game is playing differently. The QBs are getting the ball out quicker, or at least Matt Ryan was against the Saints. I'll be playing some games shortly and test it out for myself. I would like to see less sacks, more intermediate to deep route passing for the QBs that are above average and have weapons at the WR position. Overall, better passing numbers for the elite QBs.

I don't know why you had a blowout of such massive proportions playing against the Colts, but it could be the updates that went through. We'll find out tonight. These sliders still are pretty close to what Armor is currently using, but he also plans on releasing some updates with his sliders tonight as well, so we'll see how close we still are.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #50
Rookie

Man i did try on my game against the Pats. I was playing the Jags with my created QB with 99 rating and even with pro difficulty seems like this slider works fine or great. Was sacked a lot maybe because the Jags O-Line is just that bad and my D just can't get to Tom Brady and pressure. I only had just 1 sack but my secondary was doing decently. Or im just that bad at playing. xD
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #51
Pro

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I was tired as a dog when I typed out that long threshold slider post lol... after watching the shellacking the Seahawks put on Green Bay. Green Bay's O-line was hurt, there D is actually all around not that great (and BJ Raji is out), so expect them to beat teams, but not the really good ones this year. I also believe the Saints are the only team THIS year actually built to beat the Seahawks. Not even the Broncos (again) or Patriots can, in my opinion. We may need them in the Dome with HFA, but we've had our fair share of experience now at their place. They are the real deal again this year. You just gotta create turnovers, run the ball against them (not pass 50 times), wear them down a bit, and play a close hard-fought game to pull off a win. The Saints have the pieces in place this year over all others. We'll see. Not on to slider talk!

By the way, Armor, you should really try these out on normal speed. I think they would play best on that speed. The user passing might be a little too easy (easier to read through your progressions for example) on slow. The running game will also be more fun, and a bit more realistic, in my opinion. Very cool of you to test out the sliders though.

And with that,

My point still stands on the threshold setting. Personally, I think it needs to stay at 0 threshold due to player ratings, and that's not our fault, that's what we've been given to work with by EA.

I believe you'll see better punt returns and returns for TDs with the it at 0, whereas those practically impossible for me in M25 with charter's All-Pro sliders, but that could have just been the team and player returning the punts for that time. I just never saw many game-busting special teams plays.

I'm okay with getting chased down by a guy with similar speed and/or acceleration to the ballcarrier I'm using, since as I stated, the ratings especially on All-Pro seem to matter a little more, and that's my basis to try and get realistic or proper speed seen in the game (also playing on normal speed). I also do believe the CPU gets slight bumps in speed as you go higher in difficulty, with All-Pro having a very slight change, and All-Madden they are all over you. Just try All-Madden and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Also GrayDawg, I'm also fine with maybe a linemen hustling at a far off angle and cutting me off at the 10 yard line, if they did take a proper angle for the cut-off. Now, I would also like to make sure a fatigue linemen though, wouldn't catch fatigue, so you say you were at the 10 yard line, well with a fatigued linemen hopefully at 0 threshold that would've been a pick six instead. That is a valid reason to have it at 0, regardless of what testing has shown in matching 40-times while actually clocking and comparing players on a streak.

I'm just trying to work within the parameters of the player ratings and how that translates to the speed/separation we see on the field of play. Many don't agree with the player ratings, but it's one thing we do have to account for, and we always have said on All-Pro player ratings seem to matter most, out of all the other difficulty settings.

So, that is my final conclusion on the issue. Anyone is welcome to try different thresholds though. These sliders were just put up as a base set for others that might want to tweak them, but I found them playable after I made the tweaks from Armor's base set. Also, as I've previously stated the threshold slider this year is not very sensitive at all. It takes large increments to actually "feel" the difference on the field. 25 worked perfect for me in M25, and allowed the O-linemen to pull on blocks without being too slow and getting in the way of the RB. 0 this year seems to be the best, for me.
Your saint's have no chance

Anyways wondering how many penalties you see a game with these sliders, or is that just a Madden issue that is simply not fixable? it seems like I am only getting 0-1 penalties every game I play.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #52
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Your saint's have no chance

Anyways wondering how many penalties you see a game with these sliders, or is that just a Madden issue that is simply not fixable? it seems like I am only getting 0-1 penalties every game I play.
It seems like the lack of penalties is not fixable at the moment. I am only getting 1-2 penalties a game as well, and it's usually a false start on the CPU. I believe our slider testers have tried upping the penalty sliders, but it's not doing much if anything at all.

Oh yeah, and if we get you in the Dome, you have no chance. But congratz on the butt-whipping last night. Seahawks are still legit. lol

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-06-2014 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #53
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

So I finally decided to try out an online CFM with the Rams now that the tuner updates came out, and I will say, I am pleasantly surprised at how well it plays.

My first game was against the Vikings, and we all know they rely heavily on the run, while their QB, Matt Cassel isn't much to write home about. Their strength is their running game, overall.

Now, I am to eventually play the Broncos and see what kind of numbers Peyton Manning can put up, but I'm sure he would do well against the Ram's secondary. The one thing I was concerned about going into online CFM was how the QB would play. Would he hold on to the ball too long and take dumb sacks like usual? Well, let me say that really isn't the case after my first game with these new updates.

I noticed Cassel, when he did pass (they were unfortunately very successful running on me), made quick reads and got the ball out quickly as well. I did get some sacks, but nothing that wasn't earned (I also took two sacks). On defense, I call the formations as the Ram's defensive coordinator Gregg Williams would call them, aggressively. I mixed in a lot of zone blitz with regular zone and man coverage schemes.

I probably should not have, and should have focused more on stopping Adrian Peterson and his lethal rushing attack. I figured Cassel would throw more balls to Cordarrelle Patterson seeing how he is a great weapon at WR, but they went run first, and they went in hard. Up the gut and to the outside. I am ashamed I let Peterson run so well against such a stout front 7 that the Rams possess, but he did.

Also, I played this game without my number two WR and speed threat, Tavon Austin. He got injured when I simmed through pre-season, sadly (yeah, I should've turned off injuries beforehand). It would have been nice to see how well he would have done in this game.

Now, Shaun Hill is going to be the Ram's starting QB this year, and isn't too shabby of a veteran, but he's no Brees. I made some bone-headed throws and it costs me 3 INTS. One for a pick six.

The Vikings would also throw a pick six to me, as well as LOLB Alec Ogletree laying the wood on Cassel and forcing a fumble, and a recovery for the Rams.

Overall, I'd say these updates have improved the QB play. I'm also still a believer in these current sliders I'm using. I am loving how they play, for all the reasons I mentioned in the opening paragraphs of the first post. It was a close game, that ended in OT, with rookie Lamarcus Joyner (my nickel corner) out of FSU intercepting Cassel for a 29 yard pick six to end the game.

One more comment, before I post the box score of this game. I believe the user and cpu tackling slider could POSSIBLY go up to 30 from 25. The thing is, the elite break-tackling running backs do break tackles well with it at 25, and maybe a player like Adrian Peterson shouldn't break a tackle by Robert Quinn, twice. BUT, you have to remember not all the RBs in the league are as great as Peterson (and he is one of if not the best), so having other RBs with tackle-breaking ability, breaking tackles accordingly, is a good thing for the CPU rushing game. It is also good for the user as running is sometimes a chore against the stout defenses in the league. I feel at 25 it is a good balance to separate the elite from the above average, then to the average and below average runners. The latter will not be breaking tackles on you much at all. The tackling slider at 30 could also be a good change though, and just a very slight one that I might consider. I consider everything else with these sliders to my satisfaction.

I will report back when I play some of the better passers in the league. In that case, on the schedule for the Rams is the Broncos and Peyton Manning, but my bet is with these updates, he will play great. The QB certainly does not just always stand there with the ball in hands not doing a damned thing anymore, it seems thus far.. and I can see this just from playing against Matt Cassel and his passing, despite their repeated attempts at rushing the ball. I also saw errant throws from Cassel when under pressure, and when not. I would like to see more deep balls thrown, but then maybe I need to play more above average QBs for that to happen more often.

Overall, this game was intense, and I had a blast, despite my many mistakes in-game with this one.

Minnesota Vikings at St. Louis Rams
Sep 6, 20141ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Minnesota Vikings (0-0)010147031
St. Louis Rams (0-0)014017637
Team Stats Comparison
MINSTL
Total Offense387462
Rushing Yards202132
Passing Yards185330
First Downs1722
Punt Return Yards923
Kick Return Yards98162
Total Yards494647
Turnovers3 (0)3 (0)
3rd Down Converstion3-11 (27%)6-12 (50%)
4th Down Conversion1-1 (100%)0-0 (0%)
2-Point Conversion0-0 (0%)0-0 (0%)
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/12/0
Penalties0-01-5
Posession Time27:4035:53
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Cassel18/2522412
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Peterson241877.71
J. Banyard5163.21
M. Cassel3-1-0.30
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Wright48721.71
C. Patterson3219,30
A. Peterson 3217.00
J. SImpson3279.00
G. Jennings24321.50
J. McKinnon155.00
J. Banyard133.00
K. Rudolph11010,00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
M. Kalil30
J. Sullivan30
A. Reisner10
C. Johnson01
B. Fusco02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
M. Raymond90.010
H. Smith70,000
P. Angerer70,000
J. Robinson60,000
G. Hodges60.000
E. Griffen41.000
L. Joseph40,000
S. Floyd31.000
C. Greenway30,000
A. Barr30,000
S. Prater20,000
X. Rhodes20,021
B. Robison20,000
C. Munnerlyn10,000
J. Poyer10,000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
B. Walsh1/14/4732
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
S. Powell525651.21
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. McKinnon25025.00
C. Patterson24824.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
C. Patterson199,00
J. McKinnon000,00
St. Louis Rams
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
S. Hill30/4634633
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Z. Stacy271324.81
T. Mason122.00
S. Hill1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
K. Britt9728.00
Z. Stacy8293.60
B. Quick57214.41
J. Cook312030,01
S. Bailey34515.01
C. Harkey188.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
G. Robinson40
J. Long41
J. Barksdale21
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
T. McDonald71.000
C. Long70.000
A. Ogletree60.000
M. Daniels40.000
J. Laurinaitis40.000
E. Gaines31.000
W. Hayes32.000
L. Joyner20,011
J. Jenkins20,000
M. Brockers20,000
T. Johnson20,010
R. Quinn21.000
A. Donald 10,000
R. McLeod10,000
M. Sam10,000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
G. Zuerlein 1/14/4739
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
J. Hekker418145.22
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
C. Givens716223.10
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
C. Givens3237.60

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-06-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:55 AM   #54
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

I will be making one update to these sliders, and they will stay this way permanently, or at least for the way the game is playing now after the tuner updates for online CFM, which I expect eventually for offline CFM as well.

I am moving the User and CPU Tackling slider from 25 to 30. That is final. I believe this to be the best balance after some thinking on the subject and now, after some experience in-game with it at 25.

OP will be updated to reflect this change.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #55
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

I plan on playing that game against the Broncos later tonight. Expect a full box score for that game as well.

One thing I've noticed while simming to week 11 for the Broncos game, the Rams went 0-9 (lol) and confidence is low across the board for the team, so I don't know how it'll play out exactly, since attributes for starters have dipped a bit.. but we'll see. Stay tuned.

I'll do my best to try and test Manning and their O-line. My goal is to see how well I can penetrate the O-line and get sacks. If the tuner updates have done something positive for the QBs, Manning should do well against my secondary, and with his quick release, I shouldn't get much time to sack him, but we'll see.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I will be making one update to these sliders, and they will stay this way permanently, or at least for the way the game is playing now after the tuner updates for online CFM, which I expect eventually for offline CFM as well.

I am moving the User and CPU Tackling slider from 25 to 30. That is final. I believe this to be the best balance after some thinking on the subject and now, after some experience in-game with it at 25.

OP will be updated to reflect this change.

I also started with my tackle at 25 but the CPU was just breaking to many tackles with ok players so I googled how many break tackles does the average running back have in a season and I actually found some numbers. M. Lynch led the league with 59 break tackles which average out to about 4 a game. So I would say the elite running backs should finish games with between 4-6 break tackles per game. So what I did was slowly raise the tackle slider by 1 point until I saw box scores at the end if games with better break tackle numbers. Right now I have it at 28 and I'm getting right around those numbers but I might lower it to 27 (still testing). But definitely you shouldn't go higher then 28. This is only for the user tackle, I have the CPU tackle higher for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »