Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 07:47 AM   #57
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
I also started with my tackle at 25 but the CPU was just breaking to many tackles with ok players so I googled how many break tackles does the average running back have in a season and I actually found some numbers. M. Lynch led the league with 59 break tackles which average out to about 4 a game. So I would say the elite running backs should finish games with between 4-6 break tackles per game. So what I did was slowly raise the tackle slider by 1 point until I saw box scores at the end if games with better break tackle numbers. Right now I have it at 28 and I'm getting right around those numbers but I might lower it to 27 (still testing). But definitely you shouldn't go higher then 28. This is only for the user tackle, I have the CPU tackle higher for the same reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't really getting an astronomical number of break-tackles at 25, especially against some of the better backs, but it was enough to make a slight change like I did, I believe.

That game against the Vikings where Peterson ran all over me was more of my play-calling. I let him gash me wide on a few plays for big gains. Up the gut, he didn't do as much damage. He just broke off big chunks here and there. He did break some tackles though. I didn't like him breaking a "conservative" wrap-up tackle by Robert Quinn, twice. Quinn is strong enough to bring Peterson down no problem, in my opinion.

Overall, I just saw a tiny bit too many, nothing that was game-changing though.. which is important. I feel that 30 tackling for both the user and cpu should give a good balance of break-tackles by different running backs.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-06-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #58
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
It seems like the lack of penalties is not fixable at the moment. I am only getting 1-2 penalties a game as well, and it's usually a false start on the CPU. I believe our slider testers have tried upping the penalty sliders, but it's not doing much if anything at all.

Oh yeah, and if we get you in the Dome, you have no chance. But congratz on the butt-whipping last night. Seahawks are still legit. lol
Quinn, thank you for this job. Nice sliders, i'm enjoying it a lot.
About the penalties, do you think it mess with gameplay? Because i was playing with those set of penalties (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-so-far.html )
and it was very good. 4-12 penalties per game overall.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #59
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Quinn, thank you for this job. Nice sliders, i'm enjoying it a lot.
About the penalties, do you think it mess with gameplay? Because i was playing with those set of penalties (http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rs-so-far.html )
and it was very good. 4-12 penalties per game overall.
No problem.

About the penalties this year, they do not seem responsive to any tweaks made, large or small. In M25, you would see the usual holding, facemask, clipping penalties called, but this year they are basically non-existent. I still have yet to see a holding call, believe it or not. Some other testers have raised the penalty sliders high on the previously mentioned three, and the results weren't good, I do not believe it increased the amount at which the refs called the penalties. I do know roughing the passer at 51 or 52 can be called multiple times when one of you defensive players just bump into the QB after a play, so 50 is best for RTP.

For holding, facemask, and clipping I suggest you try tweaking them up bit by bit and see if you get some calls for those infractions. It may work, they may just not be that sensitive as they were last year, or they may be somewhat broken, as it does seem to be the case, unfortunately. I will probably test those three myself eventually, just to see if I can get some holding calls, at least. I still get penalties such as CPU false start and a facemask from time to time, but not that often. Hope that helps you. Enjoy the sliders.

EDIT: I didn't notice the link to those penalty sliders you posted. I don't think they would have a negative impact on these sliders at all. If you can find some penalty sliders that gets you more penalties, then that is good. Only suggestion is roughing the passer, that should stay at 50, in my opinion.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-06-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #60
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
No problem.

About the penalties this year, they do not seem responsive to any tweaks made, large or small. In M25, you would see the usual holding, facemask, clipping penalties called, but this year they are basically non-existent. I still have yet to see a holding call, believe it or not. Some other testers have raised the penalty sliders high on the previously mentioned three, and the results weren't good, I do not believe it increased the amount at which the refs called the penalties. I do know roughing the passer at 51 or 52 can be called multiple times when one of you defensive players just bump into the QB after a play, so 50 is best for RTP.

For holding, facemask, and clipping I suggest you try tweaking them up bit by bit and see if you get some calls for those infractions. It may work, they may just not be that sensitive as they were last year, or they may be somewhat broken, as it does seem to be the case, unfortunately. I will probably test those three myself eventually, just to see if I can get some holding calls, at least. I still get penalties such as CPU false start and a facemask from time to time, but not that often. Hope that helps you. Enjoy the sliders.

EDIT: I didn't notice the link to those penalty sliders you posted. I don't think they would have a negative impact on these sliders at all. If you can find some penalty sliders that gets you more penalties, then that is good. Only suggestion is roughing the passer, that should stay at 50, in my opinion.
Thanks. With this set i can see a lot of facemasks penalties. More than the normal IMO, but since holding is called very few times, i think one makes for the another.
I like this set because of the final results on penalties. If we can have games with more than 10 penalties called sometimes, i think it's more realistic.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #61
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

anyone having problems with schemes on online CCM? Just started a new one right now, but every time i change the schemes and go out whe i came back to that screen it's reset to default. What i'm doing wrong?

edit:It came back to normal in week 2.

Last edited by fhs2; 09-06-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #62
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I won't be able to get any games posted up tonight, but tomorrow I'll be playing a few and posting up box scores for all.

Also, I've decided to fiddle with the penalty sliders (holding, facemask, clipping) bit by bit, slowly increasing the sliders to see if any results at all take place. From what I've read, it really doesn't matter for these penalties, but I'm going to test them myself anyway. So, expect that in the future.

One thing I don't want is that although penalties such as holding aren't called often, if at all, I don't want to increase the number of penalties called in the game just for the sake of it, facemask being a prime example. You don't see that many facemasks calls in one game in real life, maybe a couple, so I won't be very aggressive with that slider. I also think false start may be about right. I have seen that called more than once in a game, but I may increase it very minimally.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-07-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #63
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

If anything facemask is working as it should. I am getting a few false starts a game although usually from the CPU. I will get some when I hike the ball on 2 or 3. I am really wanting to find a good setting for holding. So far at 75 I am getting 1 a game but at 85 and 99 there hasn't been any. Maybe you will have better luck. I am going to try settings between 52 and 75 and see where i get.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #64
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
If anything facemask is working as it should. I am getting a few false starts a game although usually from the CPU. I will get some when I hike the ball on 2 or 3. I am really wanting to find a good setting for holding. So far at 75 I am getting 1 a game but at 85 and 99 there hasn't been any. Maybe you will have better luck. I am going to try settings between 52 and 75 and see where i get.
Yes, I agree with faskmask being about right at 52, but I may bump it up just a few more. I'm also seeing the CPU get a couple false starts in game from time to time. I'm definitely going to try and find a sweet spot (if one even exists) for holding calls. I'm sure I'll have to keep bumping it up slowly and play quite a few games to find that one if it does work at all. Thanks for the advice on 75 holding, I saw in Armor's thread 75 being mentioned and it actually being called more. I'll check out around that number as well. I'll go up in small increments though, first.

Hopefully we can find a workable spot for around a couple to a few holding calls a game. That would be nice with a clipping every once in and while and the facemasks. So, testing I will do.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-07-2014 at 02:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »