Home

Any sliders reversed this year? Is Tackle still tied to FG power?

This is a discussion on Any sliders reversed this year? Is Tackle still tied to FG power? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Any sliders reversed this year? Is Tackle still tied to FG power?

Hey guys,

I was curious if anyone has confirmed (or suspects) any difficulty sliders which might be reversed?

(Last year for example many confirmed CPU Pass Coverage was reversed)

Also we discovered that CPU tackle power for some (insane) reason affected CPU FG power. Is that still true?

Also if anyone has discovered any other quirks, or reversed sliders, please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any sliders reversed this year? Is Tackle still tied to FG power?

I haven't noticed any reversed sliders this year, and that's after testing with Armor & Sword's sliders for a while. I have my tackling lower than his, and it doesn't affect FG power like it did in M25.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:15 PM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

I beg to differ. I'm doing all my testing in CFM and I think for sure with CPU pass react at 5 you see better coverage than at 50. Also I'm trying to get the CPU to have a pass rush so I keep going lower on pass block but it seems to almost be giving me even more time. I'll let you know once I have confirmed this theory or not.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I haven't noticed any reversed sliders this year, and that's after testing with Armor & Sword's sliders for a while. I have my tackling lower than his, and it doesn't affect FG power like it did in M25.
Thanks, so far nothing has popped out as reversed to me. However I have played very few games, and I have not adjusted ANY sliders for the CPU pass defense yet... so it just means I personally haven't found anything.

I did lower CPU tackle and didn't notice their FG being weaker, however I only lowered it to 45 for fear of weak FG's, so it's good it doesn't affect FG power this year, it means I can lower it more if I want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
I beg to differ. I'm doing all my testing in CFM and I think for sure with CPU pass react at 5 you see better coverage than at 50. Also I'm trying to get the CPU to have a pass rush so I keep going lower on pass block but it seems to almost be giving me even more time. I'll let you know once I have confirmed this theory or not.
Interesting. Tell me what you discover.

I noticed Charter had his sliders set and said he thought Human Pass Coverage was reversed, but I notice he changed it back in his most recent version and deleted his not on it being reversed (which would suggest he no longer feels it's reversed)
Old 09-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp

Also we discovered that CPU tackle power for some (insane) reason affected CPU FG power. Is that still true?

I have got to stop reading the Madden Slider forums because when it's time for me to start playing the game my head is going to be all over the place.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I didn't think any were reversed. I thought the user coverage might actually the int slider. After more testing I was wrong.

I've tested and tested and I haven't found any to be reversed or labeled wrong.

Some don't work as good as needed but, at least they are screwed up like last year.

Even the penalty sliders don't affect gameplay to the extent that they did last year. I'm still not sure they affect gameplay at all. Most penalty sliders don't cause more penalties though.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:49 PM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

I have got to stop reading the Madden Slider forums because when it's time for me to start playing the game my head is going to be all over the place.
Well, that was last year Playmakers, I think this year it is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I didn't think any were reversed. I thought the user coverage might actually the int slider. After more testing I was wrong.

I've tested and tested and I haven't found any to be reversed or labeled wrong.

Some don't work as good as needed but, at least they are screwed up like last year.

Even the penalty sliders don't affect gameplay to the extent that they did last year. I'm still not sure they affect gameplay at all. Most penalty sliders don't cause more penalties though.
Ah, my mistake. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also it's good to know there aren't any reversed sliders this year. It's confusing enough since EA has never given us slider descriptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »