Home

Madden 15 sliders detached/unlatched

This is a discussion on Madden 15 sliders detached/unlatched within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 15 sliders detached/unlatched

If you watched EA's video last week, one of the guys on the video mentioned that they detached or unlatched the sliders for Madden 15. Maybe this means we will be able to adjust individual sliders without it changing skill levels on us. This would make slider tuning 100 times easier. Now hopefully they will also have all sliders actually do something and labeled correctly. Crossing Fingers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Madden 15 sliders detached/unlatched

I am losing more and more interest in M15 since these ratings have been dropping after what was an amazing video that went into some detail about madden issues and fixes....

and still, nothing on how sliders work - how the effect, interact, change or modify any part or parts of a players ratings, or if they even effect ratings...As it is, ratings seem to be useless. But sliders, even penalty sliders make the game...

I have my hypothesis', such as, depending on the rating of a player that is connected to a slider, their rating may be effected positively or negatively based on the slider being raised or lowered in connection to the ratting number itself compared to other players rating numbers that are also effected by the particular slider....

Ultimately, on All-Pro, it appears that sliders all at 50 brings your worse and best players closer to even in ratings - my hypothesis is based on EA/Tiburon's reasonable desire to want ALL teams viable to play with in Head to Head games - and it is the casual player or the ignorant player who always chooses Seattle, SF or the Packers, as if they are really getting an edge online....Still, this is all my opinion and I could be completely off....

Then if 50 brings the player ratings closer to even then, which way must sliders be moved and which sliders need to be moved to make players perform closest to their ratings?

Seems to me, a slider like "Pass Cover" has not effect on player ratings, but just how aware the player is in regards to where the ball is on the field when passed, or even once handed off....What it seems to be is, a "pass cover rating" of 100 means a player is always aware of where the ball is...

Another example is Pass blocking - seems not only does it effect length of block held, but also accuracy of the pass; which makes sense, as the longer you have in pocket the more accurate you could be, and vice-versa......BUt then penalty sliders, like "false start" and "holding" effect block ability....

Essentially the community needs a full disclosure of what these sliders do...the sliders need to be fixed some how and ratings need to matter; not just sliders....
Old 07-24-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Here is the problem..it's my belief that they don't know what each slider does..hence why they don't tell us..I HOPE with what the OP heard as well as many others.. That this year they either re-wrote the sliders..or worse they put ban-aids on them..which will only confuse them and us more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The sliders need to either be completely redone - which isn't gonna happen in M15, else I am sure they would have mentioned it...

Doubt simple mistakes like sliders improperly titled will not be fixed.

Sliders will effect multiple parts of the game action and there will be no official guide on how or why the results that are witnessed or not witnessed are happening....

The game is based around "ALL-Pro" head to head play and therefore all sliders are mashed to make the highest and lowest rated players closer together so that any team used online will have an even chance against another team and it will all come down to stick skillz...

Essentially - just play All-pro and accept reality that the game is trashed, or just walk away.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
The sliders need to either be completely redone - which isn't gonna happen in M15, else I am sure they would have mentioned it...

Doubt simple mistakes like sliders improperly titled will not be fixed.

Sliders will effect multiple parts of the game action and there will be no official guide on how or why the results that are witnessed or not witnessed are happening....

The game is based around "ALL-Pro" head to head play and therefore all sliders are mashed to make the highest and lowest rated players closer together so that any team used online will have an even chance against another team and it will all come down to stick skillz...

Essentially - just play All-pro and accept reality that the game is trashed, or just walk away.
I try all pro, and you can just tweak them to be harder and yes, accept the fact that madden has been crap for years because EA has exclusive liscense, and now with no NCAA its the ONLY football game you can play, and its only on console. That is what monopoly is folks.
I have found All madden pass defense just unrealistically hard, even on 0 and 0 the Linebackers will jump like shaq oneil and bat down passes that would have been right on the money, Im gonna work on it today a little, but all pro is what we all have to do this year i think, unless maybe you want to be some 99 QB on a great team,and try to get a 8-8 season on all madden or something.
But for me, liking the bucs titans and cardinals, im gonna have to play on a hard tuned version of all pro.
penalties need to be turned WAAAY up like to 98 99 to get them to be called at all, which is BS Ea why you didnt fire the dev after last years freeze glitch i will never know, the game this year looks better but feels worse than last year i think, they are slow bulky and whats with the tackle animations? They no longer realistically fight but 99% of the time they just get tackled and fall forward or fall down, get up, then trip and fall down again............. ridicolous
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »