Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #89
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

I only played that one game with them. I did OK but dint remember the yardage totals
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #90
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
How the devil do you play defense with these sliders? Been using them with the Cowboys, and went from giving (and gaining) 200-300 yds in the air to 400-500 yds over three games.

Remember play calling also effects the outcome of these sliders. Most NFL teams run about 50% 4 man rushes with disguises and 40% 5 man rush and 10% 6 or more man rush. If you run 4 man rush the CPU will settle for more short passes. If you run a 5 man rush a lot you will likely be in man often and these sliders will get you burned if you don't get pressure on the quarterback. And woe be unto you if you call a 6 man rush against a good QB without getting good pressure. Also I test these with calling pass focus (right stick) on passing downs (long 2nd or long 3rd).

If you find the AI is getting too many yards just bump pass coverage up by 10 units and see if that helps you. Currently to get Payton to get 300yd and several TD (red zone is a problem with higher pass coverage settings) I have moved pass coverage down to 5 again and increased changed pass reaction to 20. This results in more deflections when in zone but allows big passes down field which seemed to vanish at 20-30 pass coverage. I also decrease QB ACC for CPU down to 28 again. I am testing again if it works out I will post here soon.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM   #91
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, in 5 games with these, I've been averaging 6 sacks per game:

vs Giants: 2
vs Redskins: 7
vs Cardinals: 5
vs Jaguars: 8
vs Giants (Manning injured, backup in): 8

[Note: Both Giants games were payed with coverage at 30, and the first Giant and the Cardinals games were played with QB accuracy up at 40]

It may be I am blitzing more than normal, but . . . I estimate most of the sacks (2/3 - 3/4) have come off of a 4 man rush, either coverage sacks or sacks on HB Screens, and without semi-regular blitzing, it seems even low-rated QBs just pick me apart.

I seemed to notice with coverage and tackling that low (20-25), the HB screen passes by CPU seemed impossible to stop, except by sack (fortunately, they do not call them all the time).

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 10-15-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:47 AM   #92
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Well, in 5 games with these, I've been averaging 6 sacks per game:

vs Giants: 2
vs Redskins: 7
vs Cardinals: 5
vs Jaguars: 8
vs Giants (Manning injured, backup in): 8

[Note: Both Giants games were payed with coverage at 30, and the first Giant and the Cardinals games were played with QB accuracy up at 40]

It may be I am blitzing more than normal, but . . . I estimate most of the sacks (2/3 - 3/4) have come off of a 4 man rush, either coverage sacks of sacks on HB Screens, and without semi-regular blitzing, it seems even low-rated QBs just pick me apart.

I seemed to notice with coverage and tackling that low (20-25), the HB screen passes by CPU seemed impossible to stop, except by sack (fortunately, they do not call them all the time).
What is your Pass Reaction set too? It is more likely that is causing the issues with the screens than the coverage.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #93
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
What is your Pass Reaction set too? It is more likely that is causing the issues with the screens than the coverage.
I have kept it either at Oraeon's setting (60) or default.

Going lower does lead to better coverage on the screens, but worse run defense, it seems.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #94
Pro

I am reverting on my recommendations on the pass coverage and QB accuracy after playing several games with coverage at 30 and higher QB ACC I could get fair Comp% but the CPU couldn't score in the red zone and more sacks (the patch didn't really help).

Check front page for new recs.

PS. I also changed the pass reaction to a lower value to help with screens and increase deflections.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #95
Pro

OVR: 5

Great sliders. I have tried everyone here and these play fantastic. Nice Job.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #96
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I have kept it either at Oraeon's setting (60) or default.

Going lower does lead to better coverage on the screens, but worse run defense, it seems.
YEs, the Pass Reaction slider, for one, works only with zone pass coverage and run plays....The higher the slider the better the zone defenders react to the pass, but the slower they are at reacting to the run...The lower the reaction slider the better the players react to the run and worse they react to the pass...

I liken it to, a higher rating has the zone players watch receivers, while a lower reaction has defenders looking into the backfield more...which if you are looking into the backfield, it would make sense your pass reaction would suffer, and vice-versa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »