Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-16-2014, 05:00 PM   #41
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Heel,

I used these exact sliders with the Jags at Minnesota a few days ago and held Peterson to just under 4 yards a carry. Mainly because I committed to stopping the run. Of course Cassel went 6-8 for 193 yards and 2 TDs in the first half.

This edition of Madden is more dynamic than ever. I've had a number of different results with the same sliders. Blow out wins, blow out losses, high scoring games, and low scoring games. All with the same set. I can't for the life of me figure out how anyone can tell how dynamic gameplay is when they are adjusting sliders in the middle of a game. The only true test is to play with the EXACT set for at least 5 games with 10 different teams. I've had games in my Bears CFM where I just stuffed the run and then had Carolina run for 300 yards on the ground. How many people would change the sliders after that?
That's why i was asking, good to know. I'll play some more games with them. I was just stunned at the yac and broken tackles. I'd run commit and get trucked fire an 8 yard gain. Of course, i was the jags in year two with several key guys with confidence problems.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

So far so good with those sliders, keep up the good work you are getting there.

I had a question for you, I want to start offline CFM and controlling all 32 teams. Would you have suggestions on how to set the sliders for cpu vs. cpu to get realistic stats ? Tried yours but it seems that some QB really struggles with those sliders, specially Newton and Kapernick that kinda doesn't know what to do with the ball and get sacked even more than usual. Running seems good but only on one side each time like my last game jamaal charles had 15 runs for 80 yards and Frank Gore 20 runs for 30 yards
Old 09-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar

I had a question for you, I want to start offline CFM and controlling all 32 teams. Would you have suggestions on how to set the sliders for cpu vs. cpu to get realistic stats ? Tried yours but it seems that some QB really struggles with those sliders, specially Newton and Kapernick that kinda doesn't know what to do with the ball and get sacked even more than usual. Running seems good but only on one side each time like my last game jamaal charles had 15 runs for 80 yards and Frank Gore 20 runs for 30 yards
I'm not sure. CPU vs CPU may use CPU playcalling but player sliders for player stat buffs or debuffs. Try setting sliders on the player side so as to imitate the changes that help the CPU. For instance change player run block from 48 to 58 and adjust pass coverage to 0 for both player and CPU and pass reaction to 80.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
That's why i was asking, good to know. I'll play some more games with them. I was just stunned at the yac and broken tackles. I'd run commit and get trucked fire an 8 yard gain. Of course, i was the jags in year two with several key guys with confidence problems.
I've had the same issues. One game the CPU run game was unstoppable but most of them have been underpowered. That is why I keep ramping it up. Hopefully it will get fairly balanced soon.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #45
22 Time Big 10 Champs

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar

Do an online cfm.
Don't do an offline cfm, the sim stats are just awful!
I just completed one and Payton Manning threw for 8 tds and 14 ints.
Bree's led the nfl with 14 tds.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Reading through most of the tread, just to confirm. Lowering the Defense Reaction actually improves the speed in which they react? Thinking about it, that does make sense since that's less time they have "to think". Has anyone actually done then Pass Coverage 100, and Defense Reaction 0? With Interceptions some where in between?
Old 09-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't want to do online CFM, I like watching cpu games for the other 31 teams. I get usually good stats but those new kind of Qb's are struggling, they can't seem to know what to do with the ball and have problem running with the ball and run straight at a LB to get tackled or stay in pocket untill they get sacked. niners got destroyed by Dallas today. Kapernick went 12/21 for 25 yds, beside short passes he did nothing else. sacked 10 times while attempting to run
Old 09-16-2014, 11:53 PM   #48
Pro

Saints /Colts (Me)

Score: 16/29
Plays: 43/68
Sacks: 6/1
Pass Yd: 290/310
Comp: 58%/56%
INT: 2/0
Drop: 4/0
Defl: 7/3
Rush Yd: 56/43
YPC: 2.6/1.9
BTK: 3/2
Fumble: 0/0
TFL 6/9
Punt: 46/38
Penalty: 68/63 (only 1 roughing the passer, facemask 3 St, 1 Colts)

Errant throws: 43 ATT - 25 COMP - 4 Drop - 3 DEFL - 2 INT = 9

Pass: Still not working well. Too many errant throws for elite QB overall now that the rest are toned down this is also increasing INT, will also decrease INT to 5 (Player). Will increase QB ACC to 18 (go too far the other way then maybe settle on 16). Otherwise STATS look pretty good and game looks realistic. Also too many player Errants will increase to 14 for player.

Running: Not happy with current set Player RBlock back to 50. Still no player fumbles will decrease to 10 for player. Not enough BTK for either side. Decrease Tackle to 23 Player and 26 for CPU. Increase CPU run block to 62. Decrease fumble to 34 CPU.

Kickoff reduced to 53 for player.

Penalty: Decrease facemask to 53. Increase roughing the passer to 90. Offsides and INT grounding will leave 0 one more time but I don't see a difference. Up clipping to 90 (haven't seen yet)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »