Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

Sydeburnz, thank you for your response...I have used your coach mode settings on NCAA in the past and got amazing games from them. Let me ask a question to a theory that I've done in NCAA this year...I took matt10's settings on cpu offense and applied to both the human and cpu. Then I took the human defense settings and applied it to the human and computer defense. This has worked out perfectly as I win some games and lose some. So what your saying is I should take the cpu settings on offense and defense and apply them to the human side as well? Thank you in advance.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:31 PM   #58
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I've tried this theory. It doesn't really hold true. Ur still hum control even though your letting the CPU play it out. I've tried many equal CPU sliders and it always plays advantage for hum. Just my $.02

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #59
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I've tried this theory. It doesn't really hold true. Ur still hum control even though your letting the CPU play it out. I've tried many equal CPU sliders and it always plays advantage for hum. Just my $.02

It may require some tweaking, I haven't decided whether I want to fool around with coach mode in Madden or not. In NCAA they had the true COACH mode which played differently than the previous versions "don't touch the stick" coach mode. I assume Madden is more of that... haven't looked to be honest.

But if I do, I am sure Oraeons Stats and Sliders will be my jumping off point.

Last edited by Sydeburnz; 09-20-2014 at 03:45 PM. Reason: no reason
Old 09-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Oraeon, I've been following your sliders for years...your findings are complete genius and a pure science. I am going to try your settings as is on coach mode...Two questions: Do you play with switch assist, heat seeker, ballhawk and strafe assist on or off? Also, should I use the human or computer settings for special teams? I'm going to play with 15 minutes and 15 second runoff. Thank you in advance.
Unfortunately I love controlling the game so I am not sure. However, I would recommend setting the player sliders for QB accuracy, run blocking, tackling, WR catch, Interceptions and any other slider that is impacted by human stick usage or buttons to the current CPU setting.

Be careful though with passing, what you want to do is set CPU Pass coverage, and Pass reaction to match the Player settings, since current arrangements for the CPU pass defense are set against a player. I don't know if that will really work but it might help.

I also want to remind anyone who reads this that the sliders that don't effect the AI's passing game or run game but rather the players are determined by the players skill. Please feel free to set the CPU Pass coverage or Pass reaction to whatever settings make the game hard for your (i.e. very high pass coverage or very low reaction slider settings). If you want passing to be very hard set pass coverage to 100 and pass reaction to 0.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #61
Pro

Also I rethought my adjustments and will lower QB ACC by 2 since less pinpoint passes are more likely to be deflected so new QB ACC is 23.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Sydeburnz, thank you for your response...I have used your coach mode settings on NCAA in the past and got amazing games from them. Let me ask a question to a theory that I've done in NCAA this year...I took matt10's settings on cpu offense and applied to both the human and cpu. Then I took the human defense settings and applied it to the human and computer defense. This has worked out perfectly as I win some games and lose some. So what your saying is I should take the cpu settings on offense and defense and apply them to the human side as well? Thank you in advance.
This is the way I have done it since 2006.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

Roughing seems to work for me at anything above 50
Old 09-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
Roughing seems to work for me at anything above 50

But does it work for the CPU? What I mean is does the CPU get called more than once a game for this. If you plow into the quarterback after the pass it may be called, but unless the CPU gets called similarly it is a useless slider. The goal is to have 2-3 per side per game to extend drives similar to all the passing penalties in the NFL (Holding, contact, pass interference) which aren't used in the NFL.

For now I am having to use the facemask slider to give this increased drive value...but I am not happy about it since it isn't unique to pass plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »