Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-22-2014, 02:35 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Statistics and Sliders_Oraeon

Just to let anyone know who follows this thread. I think these sliders are done for now. QB ACC 24 looks pretty good and is competitive. Still to easy to win as a human because the CPU gets sacked 6-9 times a game and therefore can't ever score. I am going to play online and get my playbooks set while I await a patch in early October. I will finish testing at that time with hopefully reasonable sack numbers and then update this thread and start my season.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #66
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Yes lower is faster.
rushin has proved this completely false

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #67
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

This is all fascinating and interesting information. I definitely appreciate your time and insight. Quick question though: I've read that '25 and '15 are basically the same game when dealing with the engine. Would these sliders work for '25? I play '25 on PS3, so I don't know if these are transferable to my edition and console. Or maybe you have another thread solely for '25? Did a quick search and couldn't find anything other than NCAA '13. Keep up the good work and thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #68
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
rushin has proved this completely false
I am not sure what quote you used from me since most of it was cut out. As to rushin he does have nice videos, however, I have set specific parameters for each test that are relatively objective and run each play many many times to evaluate each slider. I feel fairly confident that any assertions I have made about sliders are accurate. If you clarify which slider or issue you are discussing I will be happy to review it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #69
Pro

Retested reaction slider and haven't changed my mind. With slider set at 0 with in route vs Cover 3 zone in practice mode and pass coverage set at 5. The defense closes faster (reacts to the ball) and has more tips or interceptions with the setting at 0 than at 100. Of course I would love to hear from a Madden developer what the slider does.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:57 PM   #70
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Possibly a difference between PS3 and PS4 . . .?
Old 09-24-2014, 04:12 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Retested reaction slider and haven't changed my mind. With slider set at 0 with in route vs Cover 3 zone in practice mode and pass coverage set at 5. The defense closes faster (reacts to the ball) and has more tips or interceptions with the setting at 0 than at 100. Of course I would love to hear from a Madden developer what the slider does.
I wouldn't test a thing in practice mode for sliders in a CCM
Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
I wouldn't test a thing in practice mode for sliders in a CCM
While I have heard that several times I disagree. I seriously doubt sliders and AI have 2 sets of programming. As a published researcher I can also assure you that the most important part of research is to limit outside variables or bias. In game testing is worthless because of its randomness. In practice mode I can call a 4 man rush that causes 0 sacks and a different 4 man rush that causes a sack on 80% of plays. The combo of offensive and defensive plays causes the outcome. The only way to really evaluate a slider is to control the play calling on both sides and repeat numerous times with objective outcomes.

That is why I am not 100% certain on pass reactions effects. I had to use a subjective test (spacing) to see what it does. Which is what russin also does. This is poor way to test but I had trouble evaluating it objectively. I firmly stand behind my testing of other sliders including pass coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »