Can someone tell me what the slider for PI needs to be - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Can someone tell me what the slider for PI needs to be

This is a discussion on Can someone tell me what the slider for PI needs to be within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #9
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can someone tell me what the slider for PI needs to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
EA has already said that most penalties are not working as designed. Especially Def and OF PI. You will not see them called very often and if it is it is usually Def PI when you are controlling the def back. If you let the cpu control WR and def back it will never be called...or as close to never as possible!

They are working on all penalties for next year.

C
Where did you hear this?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #10
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

It's not really a problem, EA designed the game this way bc they didn't think penalties would be "fun". It's the same reason we don't see botched snaps and didn't see errant throws until this year.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #11
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

OPI - Slide to the left to make the receiver more aggressive. Slide to the right to make him more cautious.

DPI - Slide to the left to make the defensive player more aggressive. Slide to the right to give the receiver more cushion.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 AM   #12
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
OPI - Slide to the left to make the receiver more aggressive. Slide to the right to make him more cautious.

DPI - Slide to the left to make the defensive player more aggressive. Slide to the right to give the receiver more cushion.
and what the heck does this have to do with making the refs actually call PI? this is a PENALTY SLIDER , NOT GAMEPLAY SLIDER. If this is true, maybe it should be called something else, and maybe it should be in the correct place. What kills me is this, EA refuses to put out a guide for sliders, to explain what moving them actually does for each one. Now we know why , cause they dont even have a friggin clue wtf the sliders do. If so , why not put out a guide explaining them already as long as they have had them . And before some idiot posts " they do tell you under the sliders " , one sentence dont really give you good detail and obviously arent even correct half the time. This is such bs .
Old 09-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Where did you hear this?
In one of the video blogs they did. It might have been the first one with the producer and the big husky guy who used to be a gamer and is now employed by EA...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome

your explanation seems more reasonable.but it says the opposite here.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2046547690
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
your explanation seems more reasonable.but it says the opposite here.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p?p=2046547690

My dpi matches theirs. For opi, theirs doesn't make sense whatsoever. I use a low opi so WRs will be aware of the sidelines better.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

In a interview that was posted last October on OS, there is a two part question to penalties.

At least we are getting answers to the questions. Also, there was a thread on the main page to help with penalties.

A least they didn't go radio silent on the answer.

Q: We see a lot of the line play in Madden is not causing there to be many penalties. Is there anything on the horizon that would start to produce a higher instance of line related penalties?

Clint: For this year we did not make a feature surrounding increased penalties along the offensive line. From my own experience with this year's game and my own testing, what I've found is due to the horsepower of the new consoles, penalties do trigger more than they would have before, but it is good that you bring up the penalties especially on the offensive line because it's something that is on our radar and something we're looking to improve in our future games.

Q:Expanding on that, will we start to see more interference penalties on defensive backs and offensive penalties on WR's?

Rex: Yeah and that's going to be a little more complicated for us to take on. When you consider the way our catching system works and physics. Just kind of building a system around hey there was organic contact between them. We wouldn't be able to essentially control those outcomes so we have to kind of build towards the pass interference system. We have to kind of restructure the architecture of our catching system to support true pass interference penalties that we can actually build into the game and control them the way we need to control them. I would expect that you will see that if not next year(M15), then within the next two cycles (Madden 16) we'll get to that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »