SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15** - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

This is a discussion on SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15** within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #129
Rookie

voorheesmc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

huge fan of your sliders just wondering why pass coverage is so high just played the bears and threw 8 YES 8 PICKS WITH ARRON RODGERS WHAT GIVES
Old 09-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #130
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorheesmc
huge fan of your sliders just wondering why pass coverage is so high just played the bears and threw 8 YES 8 PICKS WITH ARRON RODGERS WHAT GIVES

The coverage has to be extremely high to account for extremely bad man coverage this year. The most likely culprit is the high interception slider which causes the defensive backs to break on the ball much quicker. I have it high because I like to pay for the mistakes I make. Use your audibles and read the coverage. I having an extremely difficult time figuring out the defense with these sliders, because it is such a chess match and they are extremely smart. If the interceptions continue to be an issue, lower the interception slider. My original number was 42.

I can't do testing right now because I am on a time crunch to finish my FBG ratings project before the 13th of October. If you are PS4, I would strongly recommend downloading the FBG rosters I've posted on the share. I now have 20 teams complete. Free agents added and depth charts as accurate as I can get them thanks to EAs minimum requirements.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:10 PM   #131
Rookie

voorheesmc's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks makes perfect since now I'll stay at 53 and try to chess match it out, its tough tho, stuff looks open and boom pick. I'll keep working with it. The run game on both ends seem to be perfect. ps i was playing with threshold at 50 mabe need to lower down to 20
Old 09-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #132
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorheesmc
Thanks makes perfect since now I'll stay at 53 and try to chess match it out, its tough tho, stuff looks open and boom pick. I'll keep working with it. The run game on both ends seem to be perfect. ps i was playing with threshold at 50 mabe need to lower down to 20
20 is where it needs to be... whole different game... no separation at 50

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-29-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:55 PM   #133
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

SEC, in your experience, what exactly does the the pass reaction slider do?

Sounds like pass coverage is for man coverage, INTs affect the break on the ball in the air, and reaction does what? Or am I way off on all of them?

PS4 Pro Media
Imgur - Twitch - YouTube

OS Blog
Old 09-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #134
Banned

The short answer is that all three sliders work together. I believe you are correct in that pass coverage affects man and the effectiveness of the press on the receiver. The reaction slider works more in conjunction with the interception slider and affects how quickly the defenders recognize when the ball is thrown. Surprisingly, the most effective slider is the interception slider. After more testing, I'm starting to think this is a defensive aggression slider and not only affects defending the pass but the defense of the run as well.

Reason being that higher setting on the interception slider seems to present a more ferocious defense that is much quicker reacting, takes risks, and more aggressive.

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-30-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #135
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

After reading through and testing several slider sets since purchasing the game last week, I'm glad that I decided to check this thread out.

I hadn't heard about the FBG rosters until yesterday, and it may be the saving grace of this game. In my opinion, this year's iteration of Madden is the best I've played. Visually, it's stunning. The lighting and animations really set the game off. More importantly, it plays a pretty damn good game of football with the proper slider adjustments.

However, the well-known sack issue nearly made the game unplayable for me. Seeing my Niners D-Line and LBs rack up 8 sacks every game just killed the immersion factor for me. Then, I stumbled into this thread, and all I can say is WOW.

When I checked out the FBG website to see how players were rated, I admit that I was skeptical. But, before I shelved the game for the third year in a row, I wanted to at least give the rosters and SEC's sliders a shot. Again, all I can say is WOW. I'm not saying that the game and a half that I played was the best Madden experience I've ever had, but it's pretty damn close. From what I experienced, the FBG rosters allow for the player ratings to actually MATTER. Coupled with SEC's sliders, it allowed for one of the most realistic experiences that I've ever played in any Madden game to date. My laptop is ont he fritz right now, so I didn't have a chance to post this when I played my test game last night, but I wanted to at least give the stats/feedback that I can remember.

Both games were Bengals @ 49ers (Me). I'll give feedback on the second game, since that's the one that I played right before bed, and I have the clearest recollection of. Again, these are ballpark stats, since I didn't post last night.

Final Score:

CIN: 23
SF: 34

The final score is not indicative of the type of game it actually was. This was actually a pretty defensive game for much of the first half, with the Niners leading 17-7 at the break. This was a turnover-filled game. Colin Kaepernick threw an interception on the first drive of the game, and Andy Dalton quickly capitalized on the short field with a TD pass to Jermaine Gresham in the corner of the end-zone. However, the Niners would answer back with a pick of their own by Eric Reid to set up a short field, but they would only be able to score a field goal. The Bengals would lead 7-3 going into the 2nd quarter. The Niners would control the second quarter by leaning on the running game with Gore and Hyde, and they would also capitalize on another Dalton pick, this time by Chris Culliver.

The 2nd half of the game was a completely different story. The Niners would pad their lead in the 3rd quarter with a field goal to make the score 20-7, but the Bengals would storm back with 16 straight points to make the score 23-20, going into the 4th quarter. The Bengals comeback was due to three 3rd quarter turnovers by Colin Kaepernick (2 INT, 1 Fumble lost). However, the Niners would again go back to the ground-and-pound game, leaning on Gore for the rest of the game, which set up two 4th quarter TDs, one by Gore, and a TD pass from Kaep to Brandon Lloyd. The Niners would force a turnover on downs with just over 2 minutes to play, and Kaep was able to take a knee to end the game.

Sorry for my long-winded recap....LOL. Now for my actual feedback/observations with the sliders:

Human Side:

- Human passing game is extremely, extremely tough with QB accuracy at 2. I imagine that Pass Coverage being so high has something to do with this as well, but I had Kaep missing wide open guys by YARDS, not feet. If I throw a pass into double coverage, or I throw early or late on a timing route, then I expect to get picked or an incomplete pass. However, more often than not, I would not even be close on wide open receivers. Because of this, I decided to bump up Human QB accuracy up to 5, and even at that, it's still a huge challenge because of the CPU Pass Coverage. I had a really hard time staying above 60% with Kaep even with the slider at 5. For most of the game I was in the 55% range, and the very first game I played (with the slider at 2), I was in the 40%-50% range. For now, I plan on sticking with Accuracy at 5 until my skill level improves on All-Madden. I plan on using these sliders with other teams as well, and if it turns out to be too easy with more elite-level QBs, then I will move the slider back down. I know Kaep isn't the most accurate QB in the NFL, but the passes I was missing would be easily completed by most average and/or below-average NFL QBs.

- At least for this game, the Human running game was a little bit too easy for me. I was consistently getting over 5 YPC with both Gore and Hyde. This could be because of my gameplanning strategy, as I was pounding the ball to set up play-action. This is probably going to need a bigger sample size. Gore had a great game (22 ATT, 124 YDS, 2 TD), and Hyde had a good game himself, carrying the ball about 10 times, and averaging about 5 YPC. I am using Slow speed with the 20 Threshold, and I wonder if that has something to do with the high YPC? Thoughts?

- I was a little worried about WR catch being on the lower side, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Routine catches were made, and I even saw some nice adjustments by the receivers to poorly thrown balls (tip-toe catches, adjusting to being thrown behind, etc.).

- Interceptions being at 53....simply put, if you throw the ball where you shouldn't, the CPU WILL pick you off. I found that out the hard way, and it nearly costed me the game, which is how it should be. I didn't see anything superman-like about the CPU defenders. They made the interceptions that they were supposed to make.

CPU Side:

- I don't know if it's the FBG rosters, SEC's sliders, or a combination of both, but this is the most realistic CPU QB play that I've ever seen. At first, Dalton was lighting me up. Finding the open receiver no matter what defense I called....zone, man, blitz, it didn't matter. However, once I started generating a consistent pass rush, he started to make errant throws, and even.....::drum roll please::.....AVOIDE THE SACK AND THROW THE BALL AWAY. He did that on multiple occasions, and that fact alone, makes these rosters THE REAL DEAL. Pocket awareness is definitely evident with these rosters, and you get a great view of it if you're playing defense from the Player-Lock camera. However, with that being said, I still had 5 sacks on Dalton for the game (only one of which was a User sack), which is still a bit on the high side. A bigger sample size will be needed to come up with a concrete opinion on this, but that brings me to my next point....

- If there was anything in the slider set that I would consider to be a CON, it would be the amount of fumbles, particularly on the CPU side. Of the 5 sacks on Dalton, he lost the ball three times. The fumbles, coupled with his two picks, means he was responsible for turning over the ball FIVE TIMES. I remember reading in the thread that somebody else experienced this issue as well, so I don't know if it's something that SEC would want to look in to. It didn't seem to be as big of an issue on the Human side, as I only fumbled once with Kaep on a scramble that I should've slid on, instead of trying to get greedy with extra yards.

- CPU running game seems to be okay, but the yards per carry are a little on the high side. Again, I'm thinking that it may have something to do with me playing on slow as opposed to normal. Any feedback and/or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Overall, this slider set is one of the best that I've ever played on, and I can see it having the potential to provide one of the most realistic simulation experiences that I've played on a sports title. This set is right up my alley, as I only play offline, and I typically play a 32 team franchise, so I really look forward to its completion.

To make an already long post even LONGER....

GREAT JOB, SEC!!!!

Last edited by itbeme23; 10-02-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #136
Banned

Thanks for the feedback. A lot of that information was really helpful. I'm glad you're having great games and enjoying the gameplay. I probably will take a look at the fumble slider. I'm a little concerned though with the FBG rosters, if you raise it too high, fumbles are nonexistent. I'm not sure whether or not this is going to be a pick your poison situation, but it definitely needs some looking into. Right now I am seriously involved in completing the roster project but I've been working on for 5 weeks. Right now, we are 21 teams complete, and I'm running behind my scheduled completion date OCT 20th. My schedule is getting really crazy and I'm pushing it to get these rosters done. I don't have time to test sliders right now, but this set is giving me pretty good results in the few games that I get to play. Appreciate the feedback, and I will look into it once the roster is completed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »