Home

SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

This is a discussion on SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15** within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:46 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

By the way, take the tuner off, and those easy run games won't be so easy anymore. I don't play with the tuner and since you are offline, you shouldn't either. I play without the tuner because the tuner changed the blocking mechanism. If you are using the tuner, lower the blocking for both sides to 0. The running game will most likely continue to be easy, but not as easy. Remove the tuner for the best game play
Old 10-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #138
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Thanks for the feedback. A lot of that information was really helpful. I'm glad you're having great games and enjoying the gameplay. I probably will take a look at the fumble slider. I'm a little concerned though with the FBG rosters, if you raise it too high, fumbles are nonexistent. I'm not sure whether or not this is going to be a pick your poison situation, but it definitely needs some looking into. Right now I am seriously involved in completing the roster project but I've been working on for 5 weeks. Right now, we are 21 teams complete, and I'm running behind my scheduled completion date OCT 20th. My schedule is getting really crazy and I'm pushing it to get these rosters done. I don't have time to test sliders right now, but this set is giving me pretty good results in the few games that I get to play. Appreciate the feedback, and I will look into it once the roster is completed.
I know the amount of work that you're putting into the roster project, and just like everybody else in this thread, I can't thank you enough for the effort. I read that you prefer to work on the rosters by yourself to minimize the possibility of errors, so if you need help testing the sliders part, I can help with that. My schedule is pretty busy this week, but I should be able to get at least a few games in between now and the weekend.

Directly related to the Fumble slider, do you have a threshold as far as how high you think the slider should go? I remember reading that you said at 5 or 6, fumbles are non-existent. Is that still the case? Give me a number, and I can test it for you.

Quote:
By the way, take the tuner off, and those easy run games won't be so easy anymore. I don't play with the tuner and since you are offline, you shouldn't either. I play without the tuner because the tuner changed the blocking mechanism. If you are using the tuner, lower the blocking for both sides to 0. The running game will most likely continue to be easy, but not as easy. Remove the tuner for the best game play
How do you remove the tuner? Is it something that you can delete from the "Manage Files" menu? Or is it something that you have to do from the PS4 front-end. I'd like to give that a shot as well. Do you think that me playing on Slow has anything to do with the running game feeling a bit too easy?
Old 10-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #139
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
I know the amount of work that you're putting into the roster project, and just like everybody else in this thread, I can't thank you enough for the effort. I read that you prefer to work on the rosters by yourself to minimize the possibility of errors, so if you need help testing the sliders part, I can help with that. My schedule is pretty busy this week, but I should be able to get at least a few games in between now and the weekend.

Directly related to the Fumble slider, do you have a threshold as far as how high you think the slider should go? I remember reading that you said at 5 or 6, fumbles are non-existent. Is that still the case? Give me a number, and I can test it for you.

How do you remove the tuner? Is it something that you can delete from the "Manage Files" menu? Or is it something that you have to do from the PS4 front-end. I'd like to give that a shot as well. Do you think that me playing on Slow has anything to do with the running game feeling a bit too easy?
Test the fumble slider at 4 for both CPU and User. As for game speed, I would suggest against using speed lower than normal for use with the FBG roster set. The reason for this, is that the speed and acceleration ratings have been drastically lowered and I feel slow speed is not only unnecessary, but will produce undesired results in game play as well.

The tuner can be removed on the PS4 by going to settings and system storage management|Application Saved Data|Saved Data in System Storage| Delete| Madden 15. Select the tuner there and delete it.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #140
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

Quote:
Test the fumble slider at 4 for both CPU and User. As for game speed, I would suggest against using speed lower than normal for use with the FBG roster set. The reason for this, is that the speed and acceleration ratings have been drastically lowered and I feel slow speed is not only unnecessary, but will produce undesired results in game play as well.

The tuner can be removed on the PS4 by going to settings and system storage management|Application Saved Data|Saved Data in System Storage| Delete| Madden 15. Select the tuner there and delete it.
I will do a test game with the Fumble slider at 4 tonight. As far as the game speed, I'm weary of changing to Normal, because I feel like Slow provides the best animations. I know on other Madden games, Fast and even Normal have led to really choppy, wonky animations, but I will give Normal a shot during the test game tonight.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #141
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

SEC,

I was able to get a test game in last night. Played on Normal speed, with the CPU Fumble slider at 4.

Final Score:
OAK: 24
SF: 18

This really was a great game, even though I absolutely HATE the fact that I lost to the Raiders. The Raiders jumped out to a 14-3 lead by halftime, as their defense was stingy, forcing the Niners into several 3 and outs. Their second TD drive was a thing of beauty...a 16 play, 80 yard drive that saw them chew up 7 minutes off the clock. I can't remember the last time I've seen the CPU put together a drive like that. I was able to move the ball pretty well on the ground, although I will say that removing the tuner definitely provided more of a challenge, just like you said it would. Gore had 96 yards on 17 carries, which was good for a 5.6 average, but the inflated YPC was because of a long 30-yard scamper in the 3rd quarter. For the most part, I was able to move the ball pretty consistently. I would put together drives of about 6-7 plays during the first half, but I just couldn't get the timely first downs that I needed to score. Although the Raiders bottled up Gore and Hyde in the first half, I kept feeding them in the second half, which is why I was able to establish a running game. This opened up the passing game a bit, and I was able to put together two touchdown drives in the second half: One was a pass on a slant route to Crabtree from the 8 yard line in the 3rd quarter, and another was on a really nice-looking bootleg to Vance MacDonald, which gave the Niners the lead 18-17 with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. However, Matt Shaub would march down the field, and with the Raiders just outside of FG range, he would hit Holmes on a seam route for a long TD pass. The best/worst part of this was because it was 3rd down, and I dialed up a blitz to try and force the Raiders out of FG range. Instead, Antoine Bethea got absolutely schooled by Holmes, and it turned into a TD. It was one of the coolest plays I've seen yet in this game. That brought the score to 24-18, with about two minutes to go. Luckily, I had two timeouts left when I got the ball back for my final drive. On the very first play, I was able to hit Boldin on a go-route on the right side for a 46 yard gain. This set me up at about the Raider 20 yard line. I used my first timeout, and I decided to call a bootleg play, then tried to hit Crabtree going towards the sideline, but I ended up being picked off. This was a horrible throw on my part, as Crabtree was double covered, and I tried to thread the needle when nothing was there. The Raiders would kneel it out for a close win, 28-17.

Observations:

- The Raiders absolutely dominated time of possession in this game. IIRC, they had at least 8-10 minutes on me in that department, which led to their total plays being 70, and mine being 50.

- They relied on a heavy running game, as MJD had 24 carries, and McFadden had 11. However, shortly after the beginning of the 4th quarter, MJD didn't come back into the game. This is probably an auto-sub issue, but up until that point, the subbing was good on the Raiders side.

- There were a total of three fumbles in this game. 2 of them were by Matt Shaub after being sacked, but both were recovered by the Raiders. One was by the Niners, but I can't remember who it was by. I'm almost sure it WASN'T Kaep. With that, I only think I got to Matt Shaub 2-3 times at the most. The Raiders O-Line performed a lot better than the Bengals. Not sure if removing th tuner had something to do with this. The Raiders sacked Kaepernick three times as well.

- Completion percentages were extremely low in this game. Kaep was at 48%, and Shaub was at 58%. I really need to get better at reading coverages and making better decisions. I don't see as many passes missing miles off of their intended targets, but I still see a few. Again, I just have to get better.

Hope this feedback helps. I will try at least a couple more games over the weekend with the fumble slider at 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #142
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbeme23
SEC,

I was able to get a test game in last night. Played on Normal speed, with the CPU Fumble slider at 4.

Final Score:
OAK: 24
SF: 18

This really was a great game, even though I absolutely HATE the fact that I lost to the Raiders. The Raiders jumped out to a 14-3 lead by halftime, as their defense was stingy, forcing the Niners into several 3 and outs. Their second TD drive was a thing of beauty...a 16 play, 80 yard drive that saw them chew up 7 minutes off the clock. I can't remember the last time I've seen the CPU put together a drive like that. I was able to move the ball pretty well on the ground, although I will say that removing the tuner definitely provided more of a challenge, just like you said it would. Gore had 96 yards on 17 carries, which was good for a 5.6 average, but the inflated YPC was because of a long 30-yard scamper in the 3rd quarter. For the most part, I was able to move the ball pretty consistently. I would put together drives of about 6-7 plays during the first half, but I just couldn't get the timely first downs that I needed to score. Although the Raiders bottled up Gore and Hyde in the first half, I kept feeding them in the second half, which is why I was able to establish a running game. This opened up the passing game a bit, and I was able to put together two touchdown drives in the second half: One was a pass on a slant route to Crabtree from the 8 yard line in the 3rd quarter, and another was on a really nice-looking bootleg to Vance MacDonald, which gave the Niners the lead 18-17 with about 6 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. However, Matt Shaub would march down the field, and with the Raiders just outside of FG range, he would hit Holmes on a seam route for a long TD pass. The best/worst part of this was because it was 3rd down, and I dialed up a blitz to try and force the Raiders out of FG range. Instead, Antoine Bethea got absolutely schooled by Holmes, and it turned into a TD. It was one of the coolest plays I've seen yet in this game. That brought the score to 24-18, with about two minutes to go. Luckily, I had two timeouts left when I got the ball back for my final drive. On the very first play, I was able to hit Boldin on a go-route on the right side for a 46 yard gain. This set me up at about the Raider 20 yard line. I used my first timeout, and I decided to call a bootleg play, then tried to hit Crabtree going towards the sideline, but I ended up being picked off. This was a horrible throw on my part, as Crabtree was double covered, and I tried to thread the needle when nothing was there. The Raiders would kneel it out for a close win, 28-17.

Observations:

- The Raiders absolutely dominated time of possession in this game. IIRC, they had at least 8-10 minutes on me in that department, which led to their total plays being 70, and mine being 50.

- They relied on a heavy running game, as MJD had 24 carries, and McFadden had 11. However, shortly after the beginning of the 4th quarter, MJD didn't come back into the game. This is probably an auto-sub issue, but up until that point, the subbing was good on the Raiders side.

- There were a total of three fumbles in this game. 2 of them were by Matt Shaub after being sacked, but both were recovered by the Raiders. One was by the Niners, but I can't remember who it was by. I'm almost sure it WASN'T Kaep. With that, I only think I got to Matt Shaub 2-3 times at the most. The Raiders O-Line performed a lot better than the Bengals. Not sure if removing th tuner had something to do with this. The Raiders sacked Kaepernick three times as well.

- Completion percentages were extremely low in this game. Kaep was at 48%, and Shaub was at 58%. I really need to get better at reading coverages and making better decisions. I don't see as many passes missing miles off of their intended targets, but I still see a few. Again, I just have to get better.

Hope this feedback helps. I will try at least a couple more games over the weekend with the fumble slider at 4.
Is anyone testing inside of CFM?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #143
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Are people getting good results with the ea rosters?
Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 PM   #144
Banned

OVR: 0

Testing in a new offline Jaguars CFM with tuner removed.

End of the 1st quarter so far and Bortles is 2-6 with 1int and Foles is 4-7 with 2int's and a pick 6. I made Intentional Grounding 25 for some reason... Maybe that's it?

Everything feels amazing aside from the accuracy. Both QB's just throwing all over the place. Neither has had a ball on target... but I feel like the ratings for every other position truly matter. If Shady ran up the gut Puz would make the tackle but if he was blocked... Shady was getting 4-6 yards easily. Felt amazing.

I might have to adjust accuracy up to ~7-10 though.

I'll report back later when I can finish the game.

Edit*

Best game I have played so far in terms of "organic" feel... I just cannot handle the QB inaccuracies. I'd say about 50% of the passes were either 5 yards behind or in front of the receiver - both USER/CPU.

Last edited by GLASS87; 10-05-2014 at 08:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »