SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15** - Page 19 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

This is a discussion on SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15** within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #145
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLASS87
Testing in a new offline Jaguars CFM with tuner removed.

End of the 1st quarter so far and Bortles is 2-6 with 1int and Foles is 4-7 with 2int's and a pick 6. I made Intentional Grounding 25 for some reason... Maybe that's it?

Everything feels amazing aside from the accuracy. Both QB's just throwing all over the place. Neither has had a ball on target... but I feel like the ratings for every other position truly matter. If Shady ran up the gut Puz would make the tackle but if he was blocked... Shady was getting 4-6 yards easily. Felt amazing.

I might have to adjust accuracy up to ~7-10 though.

I'll report back later when I can finish the game.

Edit*

Best game I have played so far in terms of "organic" feel... I just cannot handle the QB inaccuracies. I'd say about 50% of the passes were either 5 yards behind or in front of the receiver - both USER/CPU.
Quarterback accuracy is a slippery slope. 2 in my opinion, it's still the best way to go. Is the only setting I found, where I feel a difference between an elite quarterback, or a quarterback that is average. Unfortunately, pick your poison. Do you want a quarterback that completes everything, or do you want a quarterback, that makes a mistake from time to time. I just don't see any reason to raise the quarterback accuracy at this time.

Those are two average quarterbacks by the way . I would give it another game or two and then make the adjustment.

Last edited by SECElit3; 10-05-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #146
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

I keep coming back to these and I end up with more Fumbles than Pass completions using EA Week 1 Rosters. If I try to place the ball at all using the left stick it is usually thrown wild.

I am having a hard time justifying the differences in on field accuracy when the QB ratings between the HUM and CPU are within one point. Example: OAK Carr vs KC Daniels. Short Pass Accuracy for Carr 84, Short Pass Accuracy for Daniels 85. Yet I go 3/11 with 3 INT and he goes 11/12 no INTs. My short passes underneath go to practically everyone BUT the receiver, if I try to place the ball. Now, if I just stab the button and don't try to add any leading ... it has a better chance of getting close enough to be caught, but then the CB hits my Receiver hard, he fumbles or is injured and is out for the season.

Feels more like gambling than football, at least with the QB accuracy and fumbles. I just had 4 fumbles in the 1st quarter, and wrapping the ball up doesn't help.

Ill try to locate a FBG rating roster to download and see if that is the difference. I too really enjoy the tackling overall feel of the gameplay, and the end game stats look ok... its just not any fun throwing balls all over the place, when I play as a pocket passer, throwing once or two bounces after my drop back. Carr looks more like my wife throwing a football with her off hand than a professional football player, even if he is a rookie
Old 10-05-2014, 02:22 PM   #147
Banned

I don't use the left stick bud
Old 10-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #148
Banned

A couple of reminders fellas: 1. I have not tested ea rosters. I hate them. I hate the ratings. I hate the gameplay that results from those ratings. I hate the depth charts. I hate the fact that Donnie Moore can't get the correct players on the rosters. I hate the fact that the undrafted free agents are not there. 2. I placed a lot of time into the FBG project for that reason and I am only testing sliders with that roster set. 3. I am NOT playing with the tuner. I think that the tuner has had a negative effect on the gameplay. The user running game took a hit in regards to how easy it is after the tuner. I think the blocking took a hit. 4. This slider set is intended as a base. It will not be good for everyone. That wasn't my intention

That said, I don't play like everyone else. I played with other slider sets on the board. I did not like the gameplay. It felt arcade like. I'm not experiencing a lot of fumbles like everyone else, & I enjoy the quarterback accuracy at 2. I like the way it feels when I complete a pass, and I like the challenge it presents. You aren't going to run all over the place and complete passes with pinpoint accuracy. If I have a running quarterback, I might run around a bit. I still complete passes. If I have a pocket or balanced quarterback, I let the computer do my drop back, I read my receivers and I throw at the routes.

That said, this is a base. You adjust the sliders you don't agree with yourself. This is not directed at anyone. These are general points about this particular slider set
Old 10-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #149
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

Cool Re: SECElit3's All-Madden Sliders **Madden 15**

In the past you and I were in lock step as to how a digital football simulation should look and feel. So I am just trying to ascertain if what you are seeing on your end is the same thing I'm seeing on my end. My setup is entirely different than yours, a Xbone w/EA Rosters and Tuners and that may be what's causing me to see something that ISNT what we would have accepted in NCAA a couple of years ago.

The FBG Ratings don't fully explain it, because the FBG Ratings for QB Accuracy are LOWER than EA Rosters, at least for Carr... if they had been higher it would make sense to me.

I'm still hunting down a set of FBG Ratings for the Xbone. For giggles I set the CPU QB to Zero and he started having the same kind of day I was having, so that was fun to see Not sure that means or proves anything, but I don't mind throwing wild if the CPU will throw wild too hahah

Not trying to step on your toes, just trying to love Madden the way I loved NCAA Football 12-13... which your sliders where responsible for.

Burnz
Old 10-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #150
MVP

OVR: 21

SEC,

Love the roster work and have been using the team you have completed in Play Now testing. A few questions:

1) do you feel a very low QB ACC rating (<25) will affect how often they take down field shots?

2) Do you consider a rating of 0 to be a situation where only the player ratings are guiding how that player/position performs, or is a 0 rating really a big detractor from a normal rating of 50?

C
Old 10-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #151
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

I want to preface this by saying that I've been exclusively testing in Play Now. While I'd like to test in CFM, setting up all 32 teams takes FOREVER. I've been testing for much of the last week or so, and I have about 7 completed games. Rather than go into long recaps of each game like I've done in previous posts, I'm just going to stick with observations/feedback about the sliders themselves.

1. I've been testing the fumble slider at 4 for both CPU and Human, per SEC's suggestion. To be honest, I don't see a difference between the two. Fumbles are still prevalent, especially on the CPU side. While I've seen skill players fumble the ball as well, it's mainly the CPU QBs who are fumbling the ball when they get hit. Although it's cool to see turnovers affecting the game as they do in real life, IMO, it's a little overdone on the CPU side. Similarly, I have observed the same thing on the Human side with the QB fumbling more often than not, every time that he is hit. It seems like every time I scramble out of the pocket with Kaepernick, it results in a fumble, regardless if I'm trying to slide or using R1 to protect the ball. I will probably be raising the fumble slider by one click to the CPU and Human. I want fumbles to have an affect on the game, but most of these fumbles are drive-killing. While that should happen some time, it's happening with more frequency than I'd like. Just my two cents....

2. QB Accuracy. Personally, I don't see an issue with CPU QB Accuracy at two. As SEC stated, at 2, you can distinguish between average and elite QBs. In a test game yesterday, Drew Breez was injured, and the Saints brought in Luke McCown. You could DEFINITELY see the difference between the two as far as accuracy. However, I have raised the Human Accuracy to 5. At 2, I was just seeing far too many throws that were WAY off their intended targets, as I said in a previous post. At 5, I still see balls that are off target, but not with as much unrealistic frequency.

3. Pass Coverage. A lot of people have asked about why pass coverage is so high on both sides. It's already been stated that this year, Man Coverage is pretty bad, so pass coverage needs to be high in order to obtain realistic QB completion percentages. The Human Pass Coverage at 82 coupled with CPU QB Accuracy at 2, provides a realistic result, in my opinion. The CPU will still test the downfield pass. They will get hot and complete a few passes in a row, but if you put pressure on the QB, the completion percentages will be at a realistic clip. Conversely, I am tweaking the CPU Pass Coverage slider to better suit my skill level. I lowered it to 77, and found passing to be a little bit too easy for my liking. I lowered it to 80, and still found it too difficult. So, I'm assuming 78 or 79 will by MY sweetspot.

Again, slider sets are not going to be universal. Everybody has a different playing style and skill level, so you need to be able to make adjustments. I will say that if you're looking for simulation and realism, then this is a damn good base set to start off with. Keep in mind, that playcalling has a HUGE effect with these sliders. If you call the wrong play, more often than not, the CPU WILL burn you with the pass or the run. Don't get discouraged with the set as a whole because you have a bad game or half. Make adjustments.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #152
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

for those who use roster edtis, like these. i assume that you play only 1 season? otherwise new rookis will "break" the flow of the gameplay.

I`m correct?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »