Home

My Challenging CFM All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on My Challenging CFM All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4
My Challenging CFM All-Madden Sliders

Wanted to post these as I'm into my 3rd season in CFM (offline), not to mention several dozen "play now" games, so I feel pretty comfortable with how these play. I haven't played this much since at least Madden 10, and FIFA 15's just collecting dust, so yeah, I'm a fan of this year's game, even with it's issues. Give em a shot if you're looking for some challenge from the CPU.

A few caveats: 1) The CPU flat out sucks at stopping the run...not sure what I can do at this point to help this. I've just accepted the fact that I'm going to avg more than 4/5 ypc. 2) I'm not messing with the penalties - everything's at 51, except intentional grounding is 0. The reasoning here is the penalties do effect how the CPU plays, and I wanted to get it right without them. For example, raising offside may (however so slightly) help the CPU control your rushing attack, but it completely neuters the AI's ground game and you'll get 8 sacks a game, so it's left at default. I had tinkered with the penalties, and screwed things up so badly I ended up putting them back - imo it plays better this way, but I'm always open to your suggestions.

Without further ado...

Options (anything not mentioned is your choice - I've got 7 mins, no accel clock, and all assists/helps/graphics off, but use what you like)

Slow Speed
INJ 77

FAT 77 (both of these may seem high and adjust to your liking, but I like to see a few injuries and backup rbs get a little run, neither of which happen at default)
THR 100 (I'd prefer it at 0, but this helps slow your rushing attack)

Skills (HUM left, CPU right)

QBA 6/30
PBL 0/100
WRC 36/48
RBL 0/48
FUM 36/48
REA 6/48
INT 36/48
COV 86/100
TKL 0/48
FGP 48/48
FGA 0/33
PUP 41/41
PUA 0/100
KOP 60/61

Using Aaron's auto subs...feel free to post your thoughts/suggestions/criticisms

Last edited by bubbaman11; 10-16-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: My Challenging CFM All-Madden Sliders

Overpowered user running game is my biggest issue.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
Rookie

bubbaman11's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkmaster
Overpowered user running game is my biggest issue.
Yeah, I still have no idea why Madden got rid of the rush reaction and break block sliders. You would think threshold 100 and user run block 0 would be enough. Guess I'll have to look at penalties (lowering holding to 0?)for help slowing down our run game. I'll test and post the results...again, any suggestions are welcome
Old 10-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Someone has a theory that raising pass defense reaction time increases pass reaction but lowers run reaction. Lowering has the opposite effect.

I'm going to try lowering CPU & increase HUM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaman11
Yeah, I still have no idea why Madden got rid of the rush reaction and break block sliders. You would think threshold 100 and user run block 0 would be enough. Guess I'll have to look at penalties (lowering holding to 0?)for help slowing down our run game. I'll test and post the results...again, any suggestions are welcome
Look @ Jarrod's sliders with the penalties and threshold set to 0. They impact gameplay a decent amount and will solve your problems. Just get ready for the pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #6
Rookie

I give up. Nothing works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »