down field - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

down field

This is a discussion on down field within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: down field

Just had my favorite game of Madden so far!!! Saw a lot of great things from the CPU on offense.

12 min quarters, 18 sec acc clock.

Dallas Cowboys (me) VS Arizona Cardinals (CPU)

C. Palmer 19/25 227 yards 1 TD 1 INT

J. Dwyer 17 carries 68 yards

M. Floyd 3 catches 60 yards (leading receiver)

I sacked Palmer 3 times.


Final score:
DAL 23 ARI 20

Beautiful game. I never felt like I had the game in hand until late.

Palmer was taking advantage of holes in my defense and the challenge felt appropriate with Dallas' poor defense.

Given Arizona's terrible O-line, I'm very happy with the 3 sacks.

Couldn't be happier with my sliders now!!!

Here's where they are set:
CPU QB Acc: 60
CPU pass block: 85
CPU WR catching: 38
CPU run blk: 52

Player Pass cov: 54
Player pd reac time: 54

Int: 35 (both)
Tackle: 30 (both)

OPI: 99
DPI: 99
IG: 55
Roughing pass: 47

Give these a shot!!!!

Last edited by SwaggerCoach; 09-09-2014 at 02:37 PM.
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #10
Rookie
 
LinkU28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: down field

I had a decent game last night in my CFM with the Jets vs. Steelers (me). Vick was starting for the jets and he didn't do very well, but still made a few downfield throws. For the CPU offense, I really like what I am seeing for the passing game. I'm still working on the run game.

I am really working on making offense more difficult for me. Gradkowski has been starting since Big Ben is hurt and he has looked like a pro bowler. I think I've just gotten really good at reading defenses and I've been lighting them up.
LinkU28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #11
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkU28
I had a decent game last night in my CFM with the Jets vs. Steelers (me). Vick was starting for the jets and he didn't do very well, but still made a few downfield throws. For the CPU offense, I really like what I am seeing for the passing game. I'm still working on the run game.

I am really working on making offense more difficult for me. Gradkowski has been starting since Big Ben is hurt and he has looked like a pro bowler. I think I've just gotten really good at reading defenses and I've been lighting them up.
What sliders are you using?

SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
"I reckon so."
 
Last Gunfighter's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 845
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Just had my favorite game of Madden so far!!! Saw a lot of great things from the CPU on offense.

12 min quarters, 18 sec acc clock.

Dallas Cowboys (me) VS Arizona Cardinals (CPU)

C. Palmer 19/25 227 yards 1 TD 1 INT

J. Dwyer 17 carries 68 yards

M. Floyd 3 catches 60 yards (leading receiver)

I sacked Palmer 3 times.


Final score:
DAL 23 ARI 20

Beautiful game. I never felt like I had the game in hand until late.

Palmer was taking advantage of holes in my defense and the challenge felt appropriate with Dallas' poor defense.

Given Arizona's terrible O-line, I'm very happy with the 3 sacks.

Couldn't be happier with my sliders now!!!

Here's where they are set:
CPU QB Acc: 60
CPU pass block: 85
CPU WR catching: 38
CPU run blk: 52

Player Pass cov: 54
Player pd reac time: 54

Int: 35 (both)
Tackle: 30 (both)

OPI: 99
DPI: 99
IG: 55
Roughing pass: 47

Give these a shot!!!!
Very interesting. So everything else is on default?
__________________
New Orleans SAINTS |LSU TIGERS |New York RANGERS

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Last Gunfighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #13
Hall of Fame
 
kchuskey's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 551
Re: down field

From the games I have played I think the CPU takes what you give them. If you take the short passes away, then they will go down field more. I'm not having any problems with this aspect, playing default ALL PRO.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: KCHuskey
PSN Gamertag: KCHuskey

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
kchuskey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
Very interesting. So everything else is on default?

For when the CPU has the ball, the ones I posted are what matter most. I would say just plug in your own sliders for when you have the ball.

But

If you want the full sliders, let me know.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by SwaggerCoach; 09-09-2014 at 05:11 PM.
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
From the games I have played I think the CPU takes what you give them. If you take the short passes away, then they will go down field more. I'm not having any problems with this aspect, playing default ALL PRO.

Yeah I can see this definitely.

How do you shut down the short passes? Cover 1? Cover 2? Have any good strategies?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #16
Rookie
 
LinkU28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
What sliders are you using?
I'm using my own with some of the aspects discussed in this thread. CPU Acc around 60 with IG around 80. I also jacked up some of the user coverage sliders to make up for the increased QB acc. I played 2 games with these so far, one against Vick and one against Flacco. The QB play has been really on point. Flacco threw a lot of deeper passes while still dumping it off some.

These sliders I'm using are far from perfect w/ little CPU run game and not a good CPU Defense. So I'm still trying to find what suits me best. I'm beginning to think that the pass reaction slider is actually a run reaction slider. I had it jacked up some for the user to make up for the CPU ACC and my linebackers and safeties would instantly fly to the ball for run plays. I'm guessing it also determines the reaction time for play action passes and how quickly defenders will get back to their coverage after the fake.
LinkU28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Top -