Home

down field

This is a discussion on down field within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkU28
I'm using my own with some of the aspects discussed in this thread. CPU Acc around 60 with IG around 80. I also jacked up some of the user coverage sliders to make up for the increased QB acc. I played 2 games with these so far, one against Vick and one against Flacco. The QB play has been really on point. Flacco threw a lot of deeper passes while still dumping it off some.

These sliders I'm using are far from perfect w/ little CPU run game and not a good CPU Defense. So I'm still trying to find what suits me best. I'm beginning to think that the pass reaction slider is actually a run reaction slider. I had it jacked up some for the user to make up for the CPU ACC and my linebackers and safeties would instantly fly to the ball for run plays. I'm guessing it also determines the reaction time for play action passes and how quickly defenders will get back to their coverage after the fake.

Yeah I think pass reaction may very well be tied to run D.

I'm playing with the Cowboys now in my test CFM, and the CPU is running all over me. I'm giving up on average 6.5 ypc each game.

I would intentionally pick a lousy run D team (like Cowboys or Giants) and test the sliders again. See if you're still stuffing the run.

I'm going to keep testing as the Cowboys until I finish 1 year then take control of a team with poor offense but great defense (like the Panthers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2014, 06:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Before every play on defense, hit the triangle button (on ps4) and adjust coverage to underneath. This is the only way I've been able to consistently make the AI throw downfield. They do it pretty well this way too. There's a mix of checkdowns (if available), 10-15 yard passes and deep passes. Otherwise, they will hit their underneath routes all game long on you.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Yeah I can see this definitely.

How do you shut down the short passes? Cover 1? Cover 2? Have any good strategies?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a lot of cover 1, and cover 2 Man coverage. I also control the MLB, and try and take away the cross routes, if they keep their back in to block, or else I stay with him to the flats, and pray my other guys, can stay with their receivers. I like playing the cover 2 zone as well, and playing bump and run, or tight, while I patrol the middle zone with MLB.

I use the coach suggestion mostly, and use the stratedgy play at the top. It suggests a play based off of the current trends etc that the team you are playing against currently. And ironically it is mostly what I'd call as well. I like it because it makes me feel like I have coordinators suggesting plays. It tells you why it's suggested. I do the same for offense also. I rarely run the community suggested, because I don't care what plays work for other peoples teams or league. I'm worried about mine.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 3

From my experiences, I have seen many more CPU deep passes with Speed Threshold set real low, like between 0-10. Maybe because the very fast receivers get better separation from the DB's, and the Fast TE's get separation from the covering LB's. Just my opinion, im no expert.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #21
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
From my experiences, I have seen many more CPU deep passes with Speed Threshold set real low, like between 0-10. Maybe because the very fast receivers get better separation from the DB's, and the Fast TE's get separation from the covering LB's. Just my opinion, im no expert.
Interesting - I have speed threshold set to 0 and I'm seeing the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Before every play on defense, hit the triangle button (on ps4) and adjust coverage to underneath. This is the only way I've been able to consistently make the AI throw downfield. They do it pretty well this way too. There's a mix of checkdowns (if available), 10-15 yard passes and deep passes. Otherwise, they will hit their underneath routes all game long on you.
Now THIS is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you for this brilliant idea!:
Old 09-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

swag, so are u seeing more 15-25 pass plays attempted by the cpu with the threshold set to 0?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:26 PM   #24
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
swag, so are u seeing more 15-25 pass plays attempted by the cpu with the threshold set to 0?
It might just be placebo effect, but in my opinion, yes I'm seeing the CPU take advantage of their speed a bit more downfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »