Home

down field

This is a discussion on down field within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: down field

Wanted to correct myself. I finished testing pass coverage and reaction from player side and it does have effects in man. Likely couldn't tell difference in AI play because of dinking and dunking.

Pass coverage: Effects route running coverage statistical comparison. This results in players getting turned around and leaving players open. This only happens on cuts (i.e. it doesn't effect vertical routes or fades).

Pass reaction: Effects reaction to ball in the air and appears to effect acceleration to resume coverage. This has a significant effect on interception and deflection attempts.

Threshold: Has no benefit to deep routes of most WR vs CB since their stats are similar. Does effect short routes with LB vs TE or if you get WR vs LB. As I said this slider doesn't make players faster unless there is already a significant gap in their speed.

Interactions: Pass reaction and Pass coverage together determine openness of receivers but only on routes with cuts. They will not improve vertical routes. For post and out routes pass coverage is most beneficial to getting receiver's open. Will be testing QB accuracy effects on passes this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 05:50 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: down field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Wanted to correct myself. I finished testing pass coverage and reaction from player side and it does have effects in man. Likely couldn't tell difference in AI play because of dinking and dunking.

Pass coverage: Effects route running coverage statistical comparison. This results in players getting turned around and leaving players open. This only happens on cuts (i.e. it doesn't effect vertical routes or fades).

Pass reaction: Effects reaction to ball in the air and appears to effect acceleration to resume coverage. This has a significant effect on interception and deflection attempts.

Threshold: Has no benefit to deep routes of most WR vs CB since their stats are similar. Does effect short routes with LB vs TE or if you get WR vs LB. As I said this slider doesn't make players faster unless there is already a significant gap in their speed.

Interactions: Pass reaction and Pass coverage together determine openness of receivers but only on routes with cuts. They will not improve vertical routes. For post and out routes pass coverage is most beneficial to getting receiver's open. Will be testing QB accuracy effects on passes this weekend.

So my question is then if you where to play with pass coverage at 0 with reaction at 100 how would that compare then to if you played with coverage at 100 with reaction at 0? I fell like at default 50 that pass reactions are to good even at like 35 they still kind of semed to good for both the CPU and the USER and that could be why I fell like there are 2 many interceptions in the game. What would be a good setting for pass reaction? 25, 20 ect?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »