Home

Sliders in CCM

This is a discussion on Sliders in CCM within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sliders in CCM

I was wondering if anybody can help me, i've been playing around with my sliders in Play Now mode and they feel pretty good but it seems when i load them into connected franchise the cpu plays really differently to play now e.g. cpu is more accurate and coverage is weaker. Even game speed (im testing out fast atm) feels a lot faster than in play now. Is it just me being crazy and do i need to let the sliders play out a few games first or is there a few differences between the two modes??

Also do you need to do things like re-load the sliders for every game (i think i read somewhere on the forum thats what people do)?

Sorry for all the questions just really want to start my ccm!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Sliders in CCM

Anybody have any idea??
Old 09-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #3
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlebronco
Anybody have any idea??
Play now games play differently then career, always have....... No clue why but testing sliders in play now is worthless.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

It plays differently because of confidence and the other variables in CCM that isnt in play now, since ratings are static there.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
It plays differently because of confidence and the other variables in CCM that isnt in play now, since ratings are static there.
So are things like coverage not being as tight as in play now or qb's being more accurate than in play now actually confidence related?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastlebronco
I was wondering if anybody can help me, i've been playing around with my sliders in Play Now mode and they feel pretty good but it seems when i load them into connected franchise the cpu plays really differently to play now e.g. cpu is more accurate and coverage is weaker. Even game speed (im testing out fast atm) feels a lot faster than in play now. Is it just me being crazy and do i need to let the sliders play out a few games first or is there a few differences between the two modes??

Also do you need to do things like re-load the sliders for every game (i think i read somewhere on the forum thats what people do)?

Sorry for all the questions just really want to start my ccm!
Sliders behave completely differently in play now VS CFM. I think it's due to the whole confidence mechanic.

If you're testing sliders, you need to 1st load them into your CFM and then play games in your franchise. You'll get totally different results in play now.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Sliders behave completely differently in play now VS CFM. I think it's due to the whole confidence mechanic.

If you're testing sliders, you need to 1st load them into your CFM and then play games in your franchise. You'll get totally different results in play now.

I have a hard time in believing in this because I think it was madden 11 or something that people said this and even a patch was relistc that was supposed to fix it and that year I noticed no difference at all between play now and franchise when it came to sliders.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 AM   #8
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

imo testing sliders in play now is the best way to go. you want an even playing field when you test sliders and (imo) play now offers true ratings.

You can play 5 games in play now with the same teams at the same stadiums, and with all things being equal in play now reflect a truer result of the slider's effects.

In cfm you have player ratings altered by confidence, players playing out of a formation they're best suited to raising or lowering their ratings ect etc ...

but if you're testing in play now, you get enough of a sample size of what truly is taking place without confidence, formation strengths etc altering the outcome.

I'm a packer fan ... and I tell yers. Aaron can have a bad preseason, get scorched at opening week in seattle and he starts playing like Brady Quinn by the time we visit detroit (wk 3) ... So testing qb accuracy with Rodgers in wk 3 with 35 confidence is going to make him throw more picks, more errant passes and miss more targets (which slew the slider findings imo), than if I went to play now and ran the same slider changes

lol hope I'm making sense here

Last edited by FluffyTonka; 09-12-2014 at 05:24 AM. Reason: does anyone read this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »