down field - Operation Sports Forums
Home

down field

This is a discussion on down field within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-08-2014, 02:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
down field

Is there a slider (possibly penalty slider) that encourages the cpu to go for some 'chunk' pass plays down the field?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: down field

bottom line you cant stifle the QB Accuracy.... it affects the qb decision making. anything lower than 10 and they just dink and dunk all day
Old 09-08-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

So put it at 100 and they will throw like they should? I'll deal with throwing % if that works
Old 09-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #4
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

from what I have seen, qb acc deals with their accuracy, throw speed, and decision making. at 100 they will sit there all day in the pocket thus leading to bloated sack totals while looking for the perfect target. at anywhere between 10 & 35 we see the qb make mistakes when rushed but still able to sling it around and be accurate. my suggestion? turn qb acc down between 10 & 35 and move intentional grounding to 15.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I went a different way and seems to be working IMO of course, I have CPU accuracy at 70....wr catch at 35.....IG at 99.....I've gone from avg 8-12 sacks per game 15 min qrters to an avg of 4....last night I played a game for the first time ever with 0 sacks.....depending on the qb they finish anywhere from 51-68 percent and I've seen them take shots down the field around 2-3 times a game, now they do get about 5 drops a game (a few times with only 1 or 2) but I'll take that over 70-80 % with 8 sacks, this is all on all pro and the day one roster not the updated one and not with the traits for qbs adjusted, and I have not downloaded the tuner, I usually don't post my sliders but if anyone would be interested let me know, this is only on normal speed, I haven't tested on slow or very slow
Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

LinkU28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan1113
I went a different way and seems to be working IMO of course, I have CPU accuracy at 70....wr catch at 35.....IG at 99.....I've gone from avg 8-12 sacks per game 15 min qrters to an avg of 4....last night I played a game for the first time ever with 0 sacks.....depending on the qb they finish anywhere from 51-68 percent and I've seen them take shots down the field around 2-3 times a game, now they do get about 5 drops a game (a few times with only 1 or 2) but I'll take that over 70-80 % with 8 sacks, this is all on all pro and the day one roster not the updated one and not with the traits for qbs adjusted, and I have not downloaded the tuner, I usually don't post my sliders but if anyone would be interested let me know, this is only on normal speed, I haven't tested on slow or very slow
I'd be interested in seeing your sliders. I've been playing with armor & swords. I've enjoyed them some but I just haven't found the right set for sacks. I have double the amount of sacks that any other team has in my CFM. Funny thing is that I've only caused 3 turnovers in 8 games. Even without causing turnovers I've only had 3 close games, cuz the CPU offense just doesn't sustain drives. I am the Steelers who have a very average defense.

CPU ACC at 70 may just be radical enough to work since most slider sets have it so low.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan1113
I tried my own version of this. Put QB Acc at 60, WR catch at 35, IG at 75. I also raised Human Pass Cov to 60 and Pass Reaction time to 60 to account for the CPU's raised accuracy.

I was the Cowboys playing against the Giants.

Eli Manning threw for only 53% - and targeted Victor Cruz well over 10 times! In fact, he rarely EVER dumped it off to his RB, FB or TE. I was in shock with how awesome he played.

Of course, with IG up so high, he never got rid of the ball in time. I ended up with 8 sacks.

I'm starting to believe that we're going to have to find a middle ground between the CPU getting rid of the ball quickly enough but going 24/26 for 195 yards, dink and dunking it all over the place AND going 24/34 for 302 yards, getting sacked all over the place.

More testing to come.

By the way, thanks a million for this idea - I'm taking it and running with it.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

That's what I've been seeing, a mixture of pass reaction sliders, interception slider, dpi and opi, and false start and offsides has gotten me to lower the sack numbers....I may post my sliders if I have time but like I said before u couldn't believe I had a game with no sacks and I saw some throw aways when I got close....I should put then up and see if others get the same results, I only user control dline men

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »