CPU Robo-QB - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

CPU Robo-QB

This is a discussion on CPU Robo-QB within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU Robo-QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Ironically, I'm finding that CPU pass accuracy is more directly related to whether or not the CPU takes shots downfield than their actual accuracy. Yes, you read that correctly.

With 60 QB accuracy, I'm still seeing a few errant throws each game. In fact, I'm seeing MORE than with the QB accuracy at 10.

The key tweak here is to raise your def coverage and reaction time while dropping CPU catch to around 37-40ish. This balances the game out nicely IMO.

Ok I'm going to give these a try. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #10
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

76%, while it can happen, i don`t feel that evidence to seel a "no robo QB". but that`s just me.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #11
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Ironically, I'm finding that CPU pass accuracy is more directly related to whether or not the CPU takes shots downfield than their actual accuracy. Yes, you read that correctly.

With 60 QB accuracy, I'm still seeing a few errant throws each game. In fact, I'm seeing MORE than with the QB accuracy at 10.

The key tweak here is to raise your def coverage and reaction time while dropping CPU catch to around 37-40ish. This balances the game out nicely IMO.
Just tried this for a game against Geno Smith and the Jets. Now granted, it's Geno Smith, but he was only around 60% passing on me which is about right I'd say. He also tried throwing deep a few times, one picked off by Charles Tillman. My next game is against Rodgers and the Packers so I will see what kind of results I get then. Keep in mind I'm the Bears so my defense should be kind of crappy if I'm looking for realism lol.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 07:53 PM   #12
Rookie

AceFan84's Arena

OVR: 2

Ok so I played a game against Rodgers and the Packers with QB accuracy at 60 and it was mostly great. He threw deep downfield maybe 5 times in the game and his final completion % was around 70-75, both things great. The only problem was he threw 4 INT's as well.....not so great. But I really do feel like this is the way to go rather than with the QB accuracy down around 10. The number doesn't seem to change the actual accuracy as much as the QB's confidence/ability to throw the ball downfield. Really excited to keep testing this out!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
Ok so I played a game against Rodgers and the Packers with QB accuracy at 60 and it was mostly great. He threw deep downfield maybe 5 times in the game and his final completion % was around 70-75, both things great. The only problem was he threw 4 INT's as well.....not so great. But I really do feel like this is the way to go rather than with the QB accuracy down around 10. The number doesn't seem to change the actual accuracy as much as the QB's confidence/ability to throw the ball downfield. Really excited to keep testing this out!
Found this article for last seasons game:
http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-25-qb-ratings

I'm working on a Legends roster and I'm using this system for Accuracy. Jim McMahon had a 58 percent career completion average. So I gave him 89 short, 49 medium, and 39 deep. That adds up to 165. 165 divided by 3 is 58. I've yet to test this but I hope its a fix.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFan84
Nice!

I was just messing around earlier and put QBA at 0 to see what would happen.

It was so bizarre. The CPU barely completed any passes. (So once you get that slider low enough, you WILL start to see the CPU chuck it into the dirt in hilarious fashion).

But the CPU also chucked it deep! WAY DEEP. Like STUPID deep. Threw 2 bonehead interceptions.

So I will admit that I was actually wrong. If you lower the QB acc slider enough, you WILL start to impact their accuracy. But you have to bring it WAY down!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »