CPU Robo-QB - Operation Sports Forums
Home

CPU Robo-QB

This is a discussion on CPU Robo-QB within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Robo-QB

Is anyone else having trouble that with no matter what sliders they use, the CPU QB has ridiculous passing games. Every game I play their completion % is always 85% or higher. It's like my defense leaves guys open every play, whether I am in man or zone coverage.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 04:27 PM   #2
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: CPU Robo-QB

I just posted this on the "down field" thread started by GoodyBucs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Just had my favorite game of Madden so far!!! Saw a lot of great things from the CPU on offense.

12 min quarters, 18 sec acc clock.

Dallas Cowboys (me) VS Arizona Cardinals (CPU)

C. Palmer 19/25 227 yards 1 TD 1 INT

J. Dwyer 17 carries 68 yards

M. Floyd 3 catches 60 yards (leading receiver)

I sacked Palmer 3 times.

Final score:
DAL 23 ARI 20

Beautiful game. I never felt like I had the game in hand until late.

Palmer was taking advantage of holes in my defense and the challenge felt appropriate with Dallas' poor defense.

Given Arizona's terrible O-line, I'm very happy with the 3 sacks.

Couldn't be happier with my sliders now!!!

Here's where they are set:
CPU QB Acc: 60
CPU pass block: 85
CPU WR catching: 38
CPU run blk: 52

Player Pass cov: 54
Player pd reac time: 54

Int: 35 (both)
Tackle: 30 (both)

OPI: 99
DPI: 99
IG: 55
Roughing pass: 47

Give these a shot!!!!
For the first time in a long time, I didn't have a robo QB game. It felt very fair and realistic.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

One quick thing:

I actually think it's better to RAISE CPU QB THROWING ACCURACY.

This is because when the CPU has low QB acc, it affects their confidence. They don't have the confidence to throw the ball downfield, so they will get into dink and dunk mode, completing these annoying little 3 and 4 yard passes.

By raising their accuracy, they take shots deep. I even saw 3 errant throws from Palmer with RAISED accuracy. He didn't pass to his HB/FB nearly as much.

To compensate for this, I drop CPU WR catch and upped my pass defense.
It's starting to look great.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
Rookie

Sounds like a logical idea. Plugging them in now. Are all other settings set at the default 50?
Old 09-10-2014, 08:48 AM   #5
Rookie

I think you're onto something here! Seeing great realistic numbers and play style from the QB's. Also seeing some passes thrown that I have yet to see in the game. Lob passes to the back corner of the end zone on 2nd and goal. Great animation to it.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhisperingCrab
Sounds like a logical idea. Plugging them in now. Are all other settings set at the default 50?
All of the others are actually based off Armor & Sword's edits. To me, his sliders are PERFECT for when I have the football. I'm finding a nice challenge on offense.

I actually even dropped intentional grounding back down to 50.

Someone suggested adjusting coverage to underneath routes (triangle, down on right stick). That has DEFINITELY worked too. CPU passes deeper much more often.

Played against the Giants last night - and since Manning was injured, Nassib came in and carved me up - took advantage of some deep passes too where I was out of position.

I almost cried.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
All of the others are actually based off Armor & Sword's edits. To me, his sliders are PERFECT for when I have the football. I'm finding a nice challenge on offense.

I actually even dropped intentional grounding back down to 50.

Someone suggested adjusting coverage to underneath routes (triangle, down on right stick). That has DEFINITELY worked too. CPU passes deeper much more often.

Played against the Giants last night - and since Manning was injured, Nassib came in and carved me up - took advantage of some deep passes too where I was out of position.

I almost cried.

So with that high CPU accuracy how are you controlling the robo qb? I would think raising it would make them all unstoppable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
So with that high CPU accuracy how are you controlling the robo qb? I would think raising it would make them all unstoppable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ironically, I'm finding that CPU pass accuracy is more directly related to whether or not the CPU takes shots downfield than their actual accuracy. Yes, you read that correctly.

With 60 QB accuracy, I'm still seeing a few errant throws each game. In fact, I'm seeing MORE than with the QB accuracy at 10.

The key tweak here is to raise your def coverage and reaction time while dropping CPU catch to around 37-40ish. This balances the game out nicely IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »