Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

This is a discussion on Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #9
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

I was reading the passing deep thread and am glad you posted this set (I too believe a higher QBA, which I think stands for 'QB Ability' as opposed to 'QB Accuracy' is the way to go here).

That said, I don't think a lower IG is the way to go to reduce sacks. At lower settings, the CPU QB plays 'dumber'. Yes, they may scramble more, but they struggle to get rid of the ball. At 50, it is a hodge podge of good and bad. When you start going over 50, they actually do a better job of getting the ball to the receivers (usually their checkdown guys). Now, IG and QBA compliment one another. I think many people have tried to compensate a low QBA with a low IG and they get a bloody mess of horrific QB play and tons of sacks.

Here's the rub, even at an IG setting of 65, QBs start getting the ball to a receiver very quickly. Coverage can't react fast enough and they get insane completion percentages. Couple that with your already high QBA, and that would likely be a mess.

My theory is that if you add the IG setting to the QBA setting, that total gives a more composite picture of how the QB plays. I played with a QBA at 39 and IG of 50 (total of 89 - below the default of 100) and saw some good things (albeit still with 4-5 sacks per game - still too high). With a QBA at 60, that would suggest your IG should be in the ballpark of 25-35.

I've never played with QBA above 50 on this game, but did on NCAA 14, which responds similarly on many slider aspects. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
Rookie

l am the GOAT's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is what I've done so far. I'm not demanding you change your sliders I'm just giving you some suggestions as for what i have done. Excellent base by the way!

Player Skill

QB Acc 10-->6

I feel like 6 is a sweet spot for me. This is more preference related.

WR Catching 75-->60

Seeing more balls being jarred loose. Not every receiver has an amazing catch radius or awareness. Might lower this later.

Run Block 55-->20

Not much diff the #s indicate but makes it more challenging more 4 ypc than 5 ypc. May lower in future.

Fumbles 48-->38

I think this is like RBA in NCAA so yeah kinda goes with my Run Block reasoning.

CPU Skill

Pass RT 40-->60

I like harder passing

Int 35-->50

PC 40-->50

Tackle 30-->35 goes along with run game being harder for user.

Threshold 0-->23

I think 0 is a little too speed reliant

IG (Work in Progress) its a pain

Thank you for this base. I never could find a slider set I liked that much until now on All-Pro. I'm going to keep testing and chipping away at what MY perfect game is, but I couldn't get there without the Chameleon sliders.

Sorry about the long reply
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Swagger thank you for posting these, may I suggest roughing the passer at 5 and grounding at 5? What I've seen is a slower pass rush by the line (rtp penalty slider) and a more active qb in the pocket (ig slider). Qb is now more apt to step up and side step to make a pass and also quick to throw it away. I played the saints with the Vikings and only mustered 2 sacks.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Swagger thank you for posting these, may I suggest roughing the passer at 5 and grounding at 5? What I've seen is a slower pass rush by the line (rtp penalty slider) and a more active qb in the pocket (ig slider). Qb is now more apt to step up and side step to make a pass and also quick to throw it away. I played the saints with the Vikings and only mustered 2 sacks.

This is a very interesting idea. I'm going to test this tonight. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I was reading the passing deep thread and am glad you posted this set (I too believe a higher QBA, which I think stands for 'QB Ability' as opposed to 'QB Accuracy' is the way to go here).

That said, I don't think a lower IG is the way to go to reduce sacks. At lower settings, the CPU QB plays 'dumber'. Yes, they may scramble more, but they struggle to get rid of the ball. At 50, it is a hodge podge of good and bad. When you start going over 50, they actually do a better job of getting the ball to the receivers (usually their checkdown guys). Now, IG and QBA compliment one another. I think many people have tried to compensate a low QBA with a low IG and they get a bloody mess of horrific QB play and tons of sacks.

Here's the rub, even at an IG setting of 65, QBs start getting the ball to a receiver very quickly. Coverage can't react fast enough and they get insane completion percentages. Couple that with your already high QBA, and that would likely be a mess.

My theory is that if you add the IG setting to the QBA setting, that total gives a more composite picture of how the QB plays. I played with a QBA at 39 and IG of 50 (total of 89 - below the default of 100) and saw some good things (albeit still with 4-5 sacks per game - still too high). With a QBA at 60, that would suggest your IG should be in the ballpark of 25-35.

I've never played with QBA above 50 on this game, but did on NCAA 14, which responds similarly on many slider aspects. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.

Fascinating theory. This certainly makes sense.

I'm going to do plenty of experimentation tonight with Intentional Grounding. I'm going to try adjusting it by itself to all extremes (0 one game, 99 the next, then 50) and see what happens.

There has got to be a sweet spot in there somewhere.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

I also noticed at ig 5, screens aren't auto sacks. The qb finds the rb much quicker
Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l am the GOAT
Here is what I've done so far. I'm not demanding you change your sliders I'm just giving you some suggestions as for what i have done. Excellent base by the way!

Player Skill

QB Acc 10-->6

I feel like 6 is a sweet spot for me. This is more preference related.

WR Catching 75-->60

Seeing more balls being jarred loose. Not every receiver has an amazing catch radius or awareness. Might lower this later.

Run Block 55-->20

Not much diff the #s indicate but makes it more challenging more 4 ypc than 5 ypc. May lower in future.

Fumbles 48-->38

I think this is like RBA in NCAA so yeah kinda goes with my Run Block reasoning.

CPU Skill

Pass RT 40-->60

I like harder passing

Int 35-->50

PC 40-->50

Tackle 30-->35 goes along with run game being harder for user.

Threshold 0-->23

I think 0 is a little too speed reliant

IG (Work in Progress) its a pain

Thank you for this base. I never could find a slider set I liked that much until now on All-Pro. I'm going to keep testing and chipping away at what MY perfect game is, but I couldn't get there without the Chameleon sliders.

Sorry about the long reply

Glad to hear these were helpful! By all means, tweak the hell out of these for your difficulty needs.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm giving these a whirl right now with IG and RTP both at 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »