Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

This is a discussion on Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #9
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

I was reading the passing deep thread and am glad you posted this set (I too believe a higher QBA, which I think stands for 'QB Ability' as opposed to 'QB Accuracy' is the way to go here).

That said, I don't think a lower IG is the way to go to reduce sacks. At lower settings, the CPU QB plays 'dumber'. Yes, they may scramble more, but they struggle to get rid of the ball. At 50, it is a hodge podge of good and bad. When you start going over 50, they actually do a better job of getting the ball to the receivers (usually their checkdown guys). Now, IG and QBA compliment one another. I think many people have tried to compensate a low QBA with a low IG and they get a bloody mess of horrific QB play and tons of sacks.

Here's the rub, even at an IG setting of 65, QBs start getting the ball to a receiver very quickly. Coverage can't react fast enough and they get insane completion percentages. Couple that with your already high QBA, and that would likely be a mess.

My theory is that if you add the IG setting to the QBA setting, that total gives a more composite picture of how the QB plays. I played with a QBA at 39 and IG of 50 (total of 89 - below the default of 100) and saw some good things (albeit still with 4-5 sacks per game - still too high). With a QBA at 60, that would suggest your IG should be in the ballpark of 25-35.

I've never played with QBA above 50 on this game, but did on NCAA 14, which responds similarly on many slider aspects. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
Rookie
 
l am the GOAT's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Here is what I've done so far. I'm not demanding you change your sliders I'm just giving you some suggestions as for what i have done. Excellent base by the way!

Player Skill

QB Acc 10-->6

I feel like 6 is a sweet spot for me. This is more preference related.

WR Catching 75-->60

Seeing more balls being jarred loose. Not every receiver has an amazing catch radius or awareness. Might lower this later.

Run Block 55-->20

Not much diff the #s indicate but makes it more challenging more 4 ypc than 5 ypc. May lower in future.

Fumbles 48-->38

I think this is like RBA in NCAA so yeah kinda goes with my Run Block reasoning.

CPU Skill

Pass RT 40-->60

I like harder passing

Int 35-->50

PC 40-->50

Tackle 30-->35 goes along with run game being harder for user.

Threshold 0-->23

I think 0 is a little too speed reliant

IG (Work in Progress) its a pain


Thank you for this base. I never could find a slider set I liked that much until now on All-Pro. I'm going to keep testing and chipping away at what MY perfect game is, but I couldn't get there without the Chameleon sliders.

Sorry about the long reply
l am the GOAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
MVP
 
BZito75's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Swagger thank you for posting these, may I suggest roughing the passer at 5 and grounding at 5? What I've seen is a slower pass rush by the line (rtp penalty slider) and a more active qb in the pocket (ig slider). Qb is now more apt to step up and side step to make a pass and also quick to throw it away. I played the saints with the Vikings and only mustered 2 sacks.

__________________
Twitch Username: CEspo723
BZito75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #12
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Swagger thank you for posting these, may I suggest roughing the passer at 5 and grounding at 5? What I've seen is a slower pass rush by the line (rtp penalty slider) and a more active qb in the pocket (ig slider). Qb is now more apt to step up and side step to make a pass and also quick to throw it away. I played the saints with the Vikings and only mustered 2 sacks.

This is a very interesting idea. I'm going to test this tonight. Thanks for the feedback!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I was reading the passing deep thread and am glad you posted this set (I too believe a higher QBA, which I think stands for 'QB Ability' as opposed to 'QB Accuracy' is the way to go here).

That said, I don't think a lower IG is the way to go to reduce sacks. At lower settings, the CPU QB plays 'dumber'. Yes, they may scramble more, but they struggle to get rid of the ball. At 50, it is a hodge podge of good and bad. When you start going over 50, they actually do a better job of getting the ball to the receivers (usually their checkdown guys). Now, IG and QBA compliment one another. I think many people have tried to compensate a low QBA with a low IG and they get a bloody mess of horrific QB play and tons of sacks.

Here's the rub, even at an IG setting of 65, QBs start getting the ball to a receiver very quickly. Coverage can't react fast enough and they get insane completion percentages. Couple that with your already high QBA, and that would likely be a mess.

My theory is that if you add the IG setting to the QBA setting, that total gives a more composite picture of how the QB plays. I played with a QBA at 39 and IG of 50 (total of 89 - below the default of 100) and saw some good things (albeit still with 4-5 sacks per game - still too high). With a QBA at 60, that would suggest your IG should be in the ballpark of 25-35.

I've never played with QBA above 50 on this game, but did on NCAA 14, which responds similarly on many slider aspects. I'm going to give this a whirl and see what happens.

Fascinating theory. This certainly makes sense.

I'm going to do plenty of experimentation tonight with Intentional Grounding. I'm going to try adjusting it by itself to all extremes (0 one game, 99 the next, then 50) and see what happens.

There has got to be a sweet spot in there somewhere.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
MVP
 
BZito75's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Apr 2003
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

I also noticed at ig 5, screens aren't auto sacks. The qb finds the rb much quicker
__________________
Twitch Username: CEspo723
BZito75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #15
MVP
 
SwaggerCoach's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by l am the GOAT
Here is what I've done so far. I'm not demanding you change your sliders I'm just giving you some suggestions as for what i have done. Excellent base by the way!



Player Skill



QB Acc 10-->6



I feel like 6 is a sweet spot for me. This is more preference related.



WR Catching 75-->60



Seeing more balls being jarred loose. Not every receiver has an amazing catch radius or awareness. Might lower this later.



Run Block 55-->20



Not much diff the #s indicate but makes it more challenging more 4 ypc than 5 ypc. May lower in future.



Fumbles 48-->38



I think this is like RBA in NCAA so yeah kinda goes with my Run Block reasoning.



CPU Skill



Pass RT 40-->60



I like harder passing



Int 35-->50



PC 40-->50



Tackle 30-->35 goes along with run game being harder for user.



Threshold 0-->23



I think 0 is a little too speed reliant



IG (Work in Progress) its a pain





Thank you for this base. I never could find a slider set I liked that much until now on All-Pro. I'm going to keep testing and chipping away at what MY perfect game is, but I couldn't get there without the Chameleon sliders.



Sorry about the long reply

Glad to hear these were helpful! By all means, tweak the hell out of these for your difficulty needs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SwaggerCoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
MVP
 
heelphreak's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chapel Skill, NC
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

I'm giving these a whirl right now with IG and RTP both at 5
__________________
Tar Heels | Panthers | Hornets
heelphreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Top -