Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders - Page 33 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

This is a discussion on Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-06-2014, 06:57 PM   #257
MVP

JG80's Arena

OVR: 0
Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Lost all interest in my falcons chise. Only thing I've changed is CPU pass block up 5 and injuries to 59.

Narrowed my choices on a new team to Tennessee and St. Louis ideas?

Tennessee is a tougher rebuild so I'd go with them.

And what edits are you using? OP has gotten to easy for me.

Sent from Nawlins.

NBA:MAVERICKS

Last edited by JG80; 10-06-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #258
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Swagger's All-Pro Chameleon Sliders

Screw it. Going with my second favorite team.... Texans. Build around that defence
Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #259
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Well the patch dropped. In curious to see how it affects gameplay
Old 10-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #260
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelphreak
Well the patch dropped. In curious to see how it affects gameplay
So, after the patch will you be making any changes to your sliders? Or are they playing about the same post patch?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 AM   #261
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

After the patch, my thoughts (with these sliders):

- Stopping the CPU when it has the ball has gotten way too easy...can't put my finger on what it is
- As always, sacks are an issue..piling up 6 per game like clockwork

+ Nice to see more QB inaccurate passes

Will need to do more testing to be sure. Since EA hasn't provided us with any help on the patches, and I'm about ready to dive into a Panthers franchise, I'm probably going to use this strategy to help reduce sacks as best as I can:

1) Edit all starting QBs and young QBs with potential to Throw Ball Away: Yes and Sense Pressure: Paranoid (before I start the CFM)
2) Start an offline CFM with the Panthers (just 1 team control)
3) In seasons 2 and beyond, when I see the CPU is starting a rookie QB, switch over to control that team, edit their QB traits, and then click back over to my team

Not ideal, but I'm hoping I can bring my sack totals down to 1-3 per game. I'll report my results and update the sliders as well.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:03 AM   #262
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
After the patch, my thoughts (with these sliders):

- Stopping the CPU when it has the ball has gotten way too easy...can't put my finger on what it is
- As always, sacks are an issue..piling up 6 per game like clockwork

+ Nice to see more QB inaccurate passes

Will need to do more testing to be sure. Since EA hasn't provided us with any help on the patches, and I'm about ready to dive into a Panthers franchise, I'm probably going to use this strategy to help reduce sacks as best as I can:

1) Edit all starting QBs and young QBs with potential to Throw Ball Away: Yes and Sense Pressure: Paranoid (before I start the CFM)
2) Start an offline CFM with the Panthers (just 1 team control)
3) In seasons 2 and beyond, when I see the CPU is starting a rookie QB, switch over to control that team, edit their QB traits, and then click back over to my team

Not ideal, but I'm hoping I can bring my sack totals down to 1-3 per game. I'll report my results and update the sliders as well.
Can you edit qb traits once the cfm started?
Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 AM   #263
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Can you edit qb traits once the cfm started?
I think you can upgrade Throw Ball Away: to yes. But you spend the player's XP points.

Not sure how Madden ranks the value of Sense Pressure. If Oblivious is the lowest level, is the next one paranoid? I know if they're already at ideal, I won't be able to downgrade them to paranoid...only challenge I see with this.

Also not sure how much XP it will cost...probably another good reason to have the CPU save up player progress points until the offseason.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #264
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OK just updated 2/3 of the QBs in the league with Throw Away: "yes" and Sense Pressure: "paranoid."

Tested a few games and made a few tweaks to the sliders. Still tweaking - will probably have the OP updated tomorrow.

I launched a Chargers CFM and was really happy with my first regular season game against the Cardinals.

Stats....

Final Score: SD 14, ARI 16

P. Rivers: 28/38 261 yds 2 TD 3 INT
C. Palmer: 24/44 240 yds 0 TD 2 INT
R. Matthews: 18 car 70 yds
J. Dwyer: 15 car 143 yds 1 TD

0 SD sacks.

- Although on paper SD's defense isn't that great, giving up over 9 ypc was a bit much (still tweaking)
- ZERO FREAKIN SACKS. Don't remember EVER having a M15 game that ended with me having 0 sacks. And I did a fair amount of blitzes. QB Paranoid really has the CPU get rid of the ball much faster. There is SO much more urgency in the pocket. Amazing really.
- A little too much dink and dunk from Palmer. Granted, the Cardinals aren't going to just stretch the ball out all over the field, but I didn't see as many deep passes as I like. Obviously this changed with QB sense pressure trait moving to paranoid. I'll keep tweaking...and might even lower my pass coverage a bit...but I'm starting to think we might have to choose between dink N dunk/realistic sacks OR mixed short/med/long passive/too many sacks.
- Need to tweak offense PI so the WRs are more aggressive getting the ball.

All in all, a great sign.

Only challenge I see is updating the rookie QB's once they get into the league. I tried switching teams and upgrading the sense pressure...and unfortunately, it's impossible. If the guy is oblivious, he's stuck at oblivious for his whole career. Luckily you CAN upgrade his throw ball away to yes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »