Home

Speed Threshold at 50, why are you lowering it?

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold at 50, why are you lowering it? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #9
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Speed Threshold at 50, why are you lowering it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I like threshold at 0 because I feel that the game manipulates player VS CPU speed at higher difficulty levels.

On All-Pro, the CPU gets a slight speed boost.
On All-Madden, the CPU gets an even more significant speed boost.

I'm finding with it at 0, I'm able to turn the corner with HBs and WRs more often against slower LBs and safeties.

Just my experience though. Still open to testing!

I respect this answer, but I think people put too much thought into the speed of the players in the NFL. There really isn't that much disparity between the slowest LB, and the fastest HB. Take Manti Te'o for instance, and his slow 40 time of 4.82, with his time now being 4.69. Then you have Jamaal Charles.. His 40 time is 4.38. It's not like Jamaal is just going to breeze right around the corner because he's 3 tenths of a sec faster. I don't think there are any linebackers in the NFL that have 40 times over 4 something.

Now the instances where lineman are catching people from behind etc... That's likely not going to happen, but I don't see that enough to warrant making threshold so low. Heck the slowest lineman still runs a 5.61 second 40.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

yes but you're not supposed to be able to run around an entire team, jamaal charles doesn't even do this is real games, the speed difference between players isn't as much as they think it is, it looks different because jamaal only has to cut 180 pound body instead of 295+ body so it happens quicker. at 38-40 he will not be caught, but also will not run for 300+ yards which is realistic.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:04 AM   #11
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
yes but you're not supposed to be able to run around an entire team, jamaal charles doesn't even do this is real games, the speed difference between players isn't as much as they think it is, it looks different because jamaal only has to cut 180 pound body instead of 295+ body so it happens quicker. at 38-40 he will not be caught, but also will not run for 300+ yards which is realistic.

He doesn't get caught with it on 45-50 for me. Maybe it's because I don't abuse the speed trigger. And in all fairness, Jamaal weighs 200 lbs.

Go Chiefs!

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm curious to know how the speed players do with turning the corner. With it set to 0 for me, the speed Qbs and HBs can turn the corner and not get caught behind the line of scrimmage as often. Do you see this play out with threshold higher?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #13
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

I get around the corner with it at 50. Not always, but they don't always get to the corner in real life either. That'd just be boring. I set up my runs, by following my blocks. Everybody knows you're faster running North, South. So you run til you see an opening, then cut it up and go.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
I thought the videos were very interesting. As a matter of fact in one play you see the RB getting to the outside, and turning the corner, breaking away from the defenders. For once, if EA would let us know what setting realistically mimics true player speeds, we wouldn't be trying to figure it out.
This weekend I am going to try to test threshold. You cant be perfect but in practice mode with a stopwatch from 40yd you can get a time for LB and HB and then get the gap between them near real world differences (not the numbers though it isn't really a dash).
Old 09-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #15
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Here is a simple answer!!

Zero equals college style big plays

100 equals NFL tight windows & reads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #16
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
In the videos I was playing on very fast speed setting. IDK if that has anything to do with it thus making the threshold at 50 workable, but im seeing players that like 0 threshold play on slow.

In today's NFL linebackers track down wide receivers pretty frequently. I see it every Sunday. Now i'm not saying every linebacker, but theres a good bunch that can run down a WR.

What speed do you play on?

Do you feel like very fast speed is the best representation of what we see on Sundays or do you just do it for fun?
I'm do feel like normal is a bit slower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »