Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #105
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
When I guess the runs and passes perfectly- I have my best games, holding teams to 90 or 100 rush yards, when I pick poor plays or half-*** it- I can be crushed on the ground or through the air.
Thats what I love about your set. You really have to coach your team and think about the situation. Not only when playing D but when you play offense too.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 01:52 PM   #106
Rookie

Rushin, really appreciate your efforts regarding these 2 sliders. Thank u to all the others in this forum as well. I usually never post comments but I think I may have stumbled upon a few slider tweaks that changed my gameplay immediately. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share them here if it's cool with Rushin. The biggest and most important changes I made are:
-changed CPU qb acc to 85.
-changed speed threshold to 60
- changed opi to 25
- changed dpi to 60

Surprisingly CPU comp % were very real world. They threw deep a lot and I only had 3 sacks in 2 games. I usually average 5-8 a game. My pass def sliders are very close to what Rushin is recommending.
Long story short since making these changes the game feels like I am playing a new game which feels and plays like the game we thought we were getting. I Lost my first 2 games and they were real nail bitters.
I use the lions in my offline cfm. First game with these changes I lost last minute to the Jets and next game I lost to the bills. Games were full of excitement and it felt like CPU actually was playing smart.
I would love for a few people to check it out and see if it's a fluke or something that may help us all enjoy the game even more. I made some other minor changes to my sliders and if you guys want to see them and it's cool with OP I will post them. Sorry for lack of details as I am late for sons soccer game. Thanks guys for all your hard work. Enjoy the day all.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #107
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
Rushin, really appreciate your efforts regarding these 2 sliders. Thank u to all the others in this forum as well. I usually never post comments but I think I may have stumbled upon a few slider tweaks that changed my gameplay immediately. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share them here if it's cool with Rushin. The biggest and most important changes I made are:

-changed CPU qb acc to 85.

-changed speed threshold to 60

- changed opi to 25

- changed dpi to 60

Surprisingly CPU comp % were very real world. They threw deep a lot and I only had 3 sacks in 2 games. I usually average 5-8 a game. My pass def sliders are very close to what Rushin is recommending.

Long story short since making these changes the game feels like I am playing a new game which feels and plays like the game we thought we were getting. I Lost my first 2 games and they were real nail bitters.

I use the lions in my offline cfm. First game with these changes I lost last minute to the Jets and next game I lost to the bills. Games were full of excitement and it felt like CPU actually was playing smart.

I would love for a few people to check it out and see if it's a fluke or something that may help us all enjoy the game even more. I made some other minor changes to my sliders and if you guys want to see them and it's cool with OP I will post them. Sorry for lack of details as I am late for sons soccer game. Thanks guys for all your hard work. Enjoy the day all.

Definately wanna see what your using
Warriors
Sharks
Old 09-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #108
Rookie

Sure, I just wanna make sure OP says it's okay to do so. Thanks
Old 09-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #109
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
thanks, that is the thing, you can be a great defense and sometimes a guy is just too good- he will beat you anyway, tom brady almost broke my sliders but you know what- he's tom brady, he does that to teams (something like 32/41 for 350 yards) it reminded me of when he torched the cowboys for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns (I was happy to hold them to 27 )

thanks. it was a good day yesterday
normal, I never messed with those settings. I don't think a patch will come to change things that much so you could probably just make your slider set and if a patch is like i think it will be- you wouldn't have to adjust that much. I also dont do house rules, I would rather have a set where I can use the entire arsenal at your disposal to stop/move the ball, basically everything you can do or the CPU can do can be stopped by calling the right plays, you can play the flats if they're killing you with short passes to the outside, or an inverted cover 2 if they're cheesing drag routes. When I guess the runs and passes perfectly- I have my best games, holding teams to 90 or 100 rush yards, when I pick poor plays or half-*** it- I can be crushed on the ground or through the air.
Started a new offline CFM as the Bills with your sliders last night and played the first 3 games, vs the Bears, Dolphins and Chargers. The first 2 went down to the wire but I beat the Chargers pretty easily. I was down big to the Bears but came back in the second half to get the win and beat the Fins with a last second FG. Both the Bears and Dolphins ran well against me but neither of their passing did much damage. Chargers were shutdown in all phases and I won by 20. The games felt really good, running was tough for me in all three and I really had to work in both the run and pass games to get the victories. The only thing that I noticed is the CPU seems to really struggle throwing the ball, I don't think any of them had more than 200 yds passing. Sacks were very reasonable, I never had more than 4 in any game and some of those came off heavy blitzs. Over all I am loving how the game is playing, just wish the CPU passing was a bit better, or maybe I was just in the zone calling my D last night!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #110
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Started a new offline CFM as the Bills with your sliders last night and played the first 3 games, vs the Bears, Dolphins and Chargers. The first 2 went down to the wire but I beat the Chargers pretty easily. I was down big to the Bears but came back in the second half to get the win and beat the Fins with a last second FG. Both the Bears and Dolphins ran well against me but neither of their passing did much damage. Chargers were shutdown in all phases and I won by 20. The games felt really good, running was tough for me in all three and I really had to work in both the run and pass games to get the victories. The only thing that I noticed is the CPU seems to really struggle throwing the ball, I don't think any of them had more than 200 yds passing. Sacks were very reasonable, I never had more than 4 in any game and some of those came off heavy blitzs. Over all I am loving how the game is playing, just wish the CPU passing was a bit better, or maybe I was just in the zone calling my D last night!
Oh, left out one other thing, saw holding penalty called (very rare) and DPI for the first time ever in Madden!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
thanks. it was a good day yesterday
normal, I never messed with those settings. I don't think a patch will come to change things that much so you could probably just make your slider set and if a patch is like i think it will be- you wouldn't have to adjust that much. I also dont do house rules, I would rather have a set where I can use the entire arsenal at your disposal to stop/move the ball, basically everything you can do or the CPU can do can be stopped by calling the right plays, you can play the flats if they're killing you with short passes to the outside, or an inverted cover 2 if they're cheesing drag routes. When I guess the runs and passes perfectly- I have my best games, holding teams to 90 or 100 rush yards, when I pick poor plays or half-*** it- I can be crushed on the ground or through the air.
Thanks for the response. Yeah, the main house rule I use is 'no switching' on defense. Nothin' game changing. LOL! And also, was wondering, are you doing an your CFM online (OR) offline? How does your sack numbers look thus far?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #112
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

just played my first game with these in a play now game... and holy cow nomore morphing jumping routes by the cb's....

I won 37-17 against the Vikings but the game was a lot closer then the score it was 24-3 at half.

but the 2nd half was tough for both sides went through 5 qb's in this game.. I lost Hoyer, manziel came in for him the Vikings lost both cassel, and bridgewater... so ponder had to finish the game.

one thing I have to say is I think the accuracy may be lil high or maybe its just because I don't go deep a lot

Hoyer was 24-25 293 yards 1 td 0 int 96% cmp rating
Manziel was 5-7 87 yards 1 td 0 int 71% cmp rating

Cassel was 2-3 51 yards 66% cmp rating
Bridgewater was 13-19 201 yards 68% cmp rating
Ponder was 3-4 37 yards 75% cmp rating

all 3 of the Vikings QB's went deep which I like 1 resulted in a 65 yard td pass to wright from bridgewater he tried again but I picked him off.

Cassel got me deep on a pass as well for 51 yards would of been a td but I tackled the wr at the 2 yard line my D stood stout they only got a fg out f it.

Ponder got me as well as time was running out.

the running game is tough as well I lost West to broken forarm so Crowell had to play it was a tough go I did manage to get a 126 yards but he avg 3.8 ypc west before him avg only 2.8.

these gave me more of a fight then others I have tried like I said one point it was 24-3...they don't get stopped and settle for fg and throw pick that's a 14 point swing in there fav... when I was only settling for fg's that could of turned the game around.

I had 5 sack's the Vikings had 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »