The most important 2 sliders. - Page 15 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #113
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORY311
Rushin, really appreciate your efforts regarding these 2 sliders. Thank u to all the others in this forum as well. I usually never post comments but I think I may have stumbled upon a few slider tweaks that changed my gameplay immediately. If anyone is interested I would be happy to share them here if it's cool with Rushin. The biggest and most important changes I made are:
-changed CPU qb acc to 85.
-changed speed threshold to 60
- changed opi to 25
- changed dpi to 60

Surprisingly CPU comp % were very real world. They threw deep a lot and I only had 3 sacks in 2 games. I usually average 5-8 a game. My pass def sliders are very close to what Rushin is recommending.
Long story short since making these changes the game feels like I am playing a new game which feels and plays like the game we thought we were getting. I Lost my first 2 games and they were real nail bitters.
I use the lions in my offline cfm. First game with these changes I lost last minute to the Jets and next game I lost to the bills. Games were full of excitement and it felt like CPU actually was playing smart.
I would love for a few people to check it out and see if it's a fluke or something that may help us all enjoy the game even more. I made some other minor changes to my sliders and if you guys want to see them and it's cool with OP I will post them. Sorry for lack of details as I am late for sons soccer game. Thanks guys for all your hard work. Enjoy the day all.
You can post, I am all for people finding their perfect game of madden. as for me, I played the bucs this morning, a scrub QB was tearing me apart until Justin Houston ripped his head off, his backup came in (63 ovr.) and threw 9/10 for 180 yards before halftime. So there will always be varied results due to confidence and other factors such as player skill, playcalling, DB awareness/pursuit but to summerize my defense- i signed brandon flowers who is 87 ovr. sean smith is 87 ovr. eric berry is 99 ovr. and darien stewart is 85 ovr. so I have a decent 2ndary. you could also start your own thread with the pass coverage sliders I use, they are not mine, they belong to all.

I will say that the QB seems to go deep/medium/short at the same rate they do in the NFL (at least this is what I have seen), which is why I wouldn't change the QB acc. setting, as I have played test games and what happens is when my DBs ARE in the correct position to swat down or pick off a pass (due to good playcalling), it will glide past or almost THROUGH them into the receiver, so I've come to know QB acc as a setting that dictates CPU decision making and ability to complete the pass regardless of other factors, which is why the perfect zone for me at least is 39-47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Started a new offline CFM as the Bills with your sliders last night and played the first 3 games, vs the Bears, Dolphins and Chargers. The first 2 went down to the wire but I beat the Chargers pretty easily. I was down big to the Bears but came back in the second half to get the win and beat the Fins with a last second FG. Both the Bears and Dolphins ran well against me but neither of their passing did much damage. Chargers were shutdown in all phases and I won by 20. The games felt really good, running was tough for me in all three and I really had to work in both the run and pass games to get the victories. The only thing that I noticed is the CPU seems to really struggle throwing the ball, I don't think any of them had more than 200 yds passing. Sacks were very reasonable, I never had more than 4 in any game and some of those came off heavy blitzs. Over all I am loving how the game is playing, just wish the CPU passing was a bit better, or maybe I was just in the zone calling my D last night!
I would guess you probably were calling good plays, bringing good heat and forcing bad throws, when i try to cover the field and let the QB have time, he will kill me, my aim is around 180 yards passing against for a great gameplan, 240-300 for a standard game (few bad playcalls, or getting "tricked" and a decent QB) and 350+ for when you've failed or just got beat by a great QB, so take these things into account before ticking up different sliders, cause it can throw the balance out of whack. for example, teams should not be throwing every down when they're up by 14 in the 2nd half. with settings too high, this is what I saw, which led to lower tackle numbers for my linebackers, a more tired 2ndary leading to more completed passes, leading once to a 500 yard pass game against me, and that just shouldn't happen to my defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Thanks for the response. Yeah, the main house rule I use is 'no switching' on defense. Nothin' game changing. LOL! And also, was wondering, are you doing an your CFM online (OR) offline? How does your sack numbers look thus far?
I shold institute this because I switch and miss the ball carrier too often , but I do online off course, and 4 games into my new season, i have 13 sacks. 3 of them came on one drive last night when a team was forced to throw and my DBs just locked down the wide outs on those particular plays, football is like the inside of a clock, all cogs working in perfect order will deliver perfect results, but one jacked up cog ruins everything.
Old 09-20-2014, 03:42 PM   #114
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

I like what you're doing in terms of the pass coverage/reaction sliders however qb accuracy should be lowered, alot. I was at an NFL game this past weekend and it's not as noticeable on TV but you'd be surprised how often Brees was off the mark and the receivers had to adjust to the throw. In order to counteract the negative effects wr catching should get a boost to somewhere in the 60-65 range.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #115
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
I like what you're doing in terms of the pass coverage/reaction sliders however qb accuracy should be lowered, alot. I was at an NFL game this past weekend and it's not as noticeable on TV but you'd be surprised how often Brees was off the mark and the receivers had to adjust to the throw. In order to counteract the negative effects wr catching should get a boost to somewhere in the 60-65 range.

Then you should lower it for yourself. BUT it works fine where it's at for the games I've played with. I've even used default 50, and had perfect QB play.

Maybe you went to the wrong game. You should have went to Atlanta. Matt Ryan needed his accuracy toned way down.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #116
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
WRs drop balls, that is the reason why I can't have it there, even if they're more aware and fight harder for the ball (which I have seen claimed but have not actually seen), that is a slider I'd love to have in Madden, but all we have is a catching slider. It's always possible that I'm wrong, i'm not infallible but this is just what I've seen. As well as the QB slider, I realize I have to explain for people who haven't read every post, and again I could always be wrong (i'm not though) but the QB acc. slider effects decision making, it's odd how some sliders do one or two specific things and others change a lot of how the processes interact, but I will explain better-

QB acc. at 8 or 9- QBs don't actually throw a lot of terrible uncatchable passes, and these can still occur at 39-47 (I saw two from peyton and 6 from derick carr, that feels right to me) but a lot of imcompletions come from other things, balls getting swatted away (look for 3-4 of these a game) balls getting thrown away (they will not throw it away with a low or very high setting, while I have seen many different types of QBs throw away multiple passes in the low 40's range), a side note on that, people are always very quick to start editing sliders when they get madden, I played many games with default everything to try to figure out where to start, then I tired other peoples slider sets, I'm never going to mention other people's sliders though because I respect their efforts and findings in different aspects of the game, but I think many people think a default zone for the QB is a bad thing because of sets with low QB accuracy, but the default zone isn't bad, it's actually how the CPU is meant to function, it doesn't work in concert with other aspects because of things exactly like psychic DBs, non-existent pass blocking, bad running games, strong tackling. to be honest- I feel the QB setting is the one i'm most sure about- to the point where I would tell people with very strong defense who is killing the other teams pass to first alter the human pass reaction from 4 down to 3 or maybe 2 (I haven't seen this, I saw it more at 5, which is why I settled on 4 for my personal sliders) before they ever changed the QB setting. I hope this explains things well, sorry if it seems disjointed. I could always be wrong but from the patterns i've recognized- this is what i think is closest to what i've seen and what feels right to me, but I encourage people to alter and share experiences so that everyone can have in madden the games that feel right for them.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:20 PM   #117
Rookie

I have no ego for these sliders, I save all of that for my youtube

my face when i lose a subscriber

my face when i gain one

my face when you hate my sliders

my face when you like them
Old 09-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #118
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
WRs drop balls, that is the reason why I can't have it there, even if they're more aware and fight harder for the ball (which I have seen claimed but have not actually seen), that is a slider I'd love to have in Madden, but all we have is a catching slider. It's always possible that I'm wrong, i'm not infallible but this is just what I've seen. As well as the QB slider, I realize I have to explain for people who haven't read every post, and again I could always be wrong (i'm not though) but the QB acc. slider effects decision making, it's odd how some sliders do one or two specific things and others change a lot of how the processes interact, but I will explain better-

QB acc. at 8 or 9- QBs don't actually throw a lot of terrible uncatchable passes, and these can still occur at 39-47 (I saw two from peyton and 6 from derick carr, that feels right to me) but a lot of imcompletions come from other things, balls getting swatted away (look for 3-4 of these a game) balls getting thrown away (they will not throw it away with a low or very high setting, while I have seen many different types of QBs throw away multiple passes in the low 40's range), a side note on that, people are always very quick to start editing sliders when they get madden, I played many games with default everything to try to figure out where to start, then I tired other peoples slider sets, I'm never going to mention other people's sliders though because I respect their efforts and findings in different aspects of the game, but I think many people think a default zone for the QB is a bad thing because of sets with low QB accuracy, but the default zone isn't bad, it's actually how the CPU is meant to function, it doesn't work in concert with other aspects because of things exactly like psychic DBs, non-existent pass blocking, bad running games, strong tackling. to be honest- I feel the QB setting is the one i'm most sure about- to the point where I would tell people with very strong defense who is killing the other teams pass to first alter the human pass reaction from 4 down to 3 or maybe 2 (I haven't seen this, I saw it more at 5, which is why I settled on 4 for my personal sliders) before they ever changed the QB setting. I hope this explains things well, sorry if it seems disjointed. I could always be wrong but from the patterns i've recognized- this is what i think is closest to what i've seen and what feels right to me, but I encourage people to alter and share experiences so that everyone can have in madden the games that feel right for them.

I've been saying this for two years. But the first thing people do when they get the game is go to settings and drop accuracy waaay down, because they are conditioned to. Then they wonder why they have to keep tweaking other things. I'd bet that half the people that comment and say that it needs lowered, haven't even tried it there. I don't buy into all that placebo crap..(penalties effecting gameplay, sliders reversed, etc...) I just play the game. If a QB is torching you, then you need to stop him. Not nerf his accuracy, to make you feel better about your sub-par defensive skills.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-20-2014, 05:18 PM   #119
Banned

TrufflesEater's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
This is because Dalton is set to Sense Pressure: Trigger Happy which seems to be the ideal trait this year. I am convinced the sense pressure trait is bugged. If you play someone with Sense Pressure: Ideal, they will hold the ball as if their trait is Oblivious. However, if their Sense Pressure is Trigger Happy, they actually play like Ideal should. It is really fubar. Dalton always plays great when I play him. If your next CPU opponent is Sense Pressure: Ideal you will go back to sacking him 72 times a game.
Don't believe it. Placebo effect.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #120
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I've been saying this for two years. But the first thing people do when they get the game is go to settings and drop accuracy waaay down, because they are conditioned to. Then they wonder why they have to keep tweaking other things. I'd bet that half the people that comment and say that it needs lowered, haven't even tried it there. I don't buy into all that placebo crap..(penalties effecting gameplay, sliders reversed, etc...) I just play the game. If a QB is torching you, then you need to stop him. Not nerf his accuracy, to make you feel better about your sub-par defensive skills.
I don't know how people are seeing QBs being so great, I have been using Rushin's sliders and if anything they struggle more than they are lighting me up. I play as the MLB and just follow my assignment for the play called. I would never want to lower ACC! And I by no means consider myself a great Madden player, if fact to be honest my stick skills are pretty sad, so much so that I am considering going to Coach Mode.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »