Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
WRs drop balls, that is the reason why I can't have it there, even if they're more aware and fight harder for the ball (which I have seen claimed but have not actually seen), that is a slider I'd love to have in Madden, but all we have is a catching slider. It's always possible that I'm wrong, i'm not infallible but this is just what I've seen. As well as the QB slider, I realize I have to explain for people who haven't read every post, and again I could always be wrong (i'm not though) but the QB acc. slider effects decision making, it's odd how some sliders do one or two specific things and others change a lot of how the processes interact, but I will explain better-

QB acc. at 8 or 9- QBs don't actually throw a lot of terrible uncatchable passes, and these can still occur at 39-47 (I saw two from peyton and 6 from derick carr, that feels right to me) but a lot of imcompletions come from other things, balls getting swatted away (look for 3-4 of these a game) balls getting thrown away (they will not throw it away with a low or very high setting, while I have seen many different types of QBs throw away multiple passes in the low 40's range), a side note on that, people are always very quick to start editing sliders when they get madden, I played many games with default everything to try to figure out where to start, then I tired other peoples slider sets, I'm never going to mention other people's sliders though because I respect their efforts and findings in different aspects of the game, but I think many people think a default zone for the QB is a bad thing because of sets with low QB accuracy, but the default zone isn't bad, it's actually how the CPU is meant to function, it doesn't work in concert with other aspects because of things exactly like psychic DBs, non-existent pass blocking, bad running games, strong tackling. to be honest- I feel the QB setting is the one i'm most sure about- to the point where I would tell people with very strong defense who is killing the other teams pass to first alter the human pass reaction from 4 down to 3 or maybe 2 (I haven't seen this, I saw it more at 5, which is why I settled on 4 for my personal sliders) before they ever changed the QB setting. I hope this explains things well, sorry if it seems disjointed. I could always be wrong but from the patterns i've recognized- this is what i think is closest to what i've seen and what feels right to me, but I encourage people to alter and share experiences so that everyone can have in madden the games that feel right for them.

I agree that the QB slider should be around default but I disagree big time when you say that with it low you don't really see any more bad uncatchable passes. I played 3 games with the QB slider at 10 for both me and the CPU and I was seeing so many passes that where going like 10 feet over players heads and passes way behind them. With the QB slider that low the passes game is just about broken and unplayable. I even tried 15 and 20 for a few games eatch and still was seeing way to many bad passes by both me and the CPU. With the slider at 10 I would even see the CPU missing check down 3-5 yard passes that where way over thrown. I don't know how any one can play with the QB slider below like 25 and say that it looks or plays realistic. Guys don't miss short 3-5 yard passes that much. At 10 guys acc was a lot worse then Tim tebo lol. At the same time I don't know how guys can have the WR slider for the user below 50 has at 50 I already have guys dropping like 6-7 balls a game and sometimes more. I think at default 50 WR I even had a game where my team dropped like 10 passes. Fumbles to I don't know how any one can have it below 50. When I first got the game I played like 10 games with it at default for both me and the CPU and not once did me or the CPU go a single game with out a fumble and most games both me and the CPU would have like 3 or 4 fumbles eatch and finaly the INT slider I think has to be below default. Even with the reaction slider low there are still to many passes that DB would probly catch in really life so in the game you need to have more Dropped passes by the DB then in real life or INT numbers would be to high so the INT slider needs to be lower to balance it out that they get there hands on to many balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #122
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I agree that the QB slider should be around default but I disagree big time when you say that with it low you don't really see any more bad uncatchable passes. I played 3 games with the QB slider at 10 for both me and the CPU and I was seeing so many passes that where going like 10 feet over players heads and passes way behind them. With the QB slider that low the passes game is just about broken and unplayable. I even tried 15 and 20 for a few games eatch and still was seeing way to many bad passes by both me and the CPU. With the slider at 10 I would even see the CPU missing check down 3-5 yard passes that where way over thrown. I don't know how any one can play with the QB slider below like 25 and say that it looks or plays realistic. Guys don't miss short 3-5 yard passes that much. At 10 guys acc was a lot worse then Tim tebo lol. At the same time I don't know how guys can have the WR slider for the user below 50 has at 50 I already have guys dropping like 6-7 balls a game and sometimes more. I think at default 50 WR I even had a game where my team dropped like 10 passes. Fumbles to I don't know how any one can have it below 50. When I first got the game I played like 10 games with it at default for both me and the CPU and not once did me or the CPU go a single game with out a fumble and most games both me and the CPU would have like 3 or 4 fumbles eatch and finaly the INT slider I think has to be below default. Even with the reaction slider low there are still to many passes that DB would probly catch in really life so in the game you need to have more Dropped passes by the DB then in real life or INT numbers would be to high so the INT slider needs to be lower to balance it out that they get there hands on to many balls.
no you misunderstand or I didn't speak clearly forgive me, but low QB ACC DOES force MANY uncatchable balls, to the point where it looks like a high school QB, sorry for misunderstandings. but I meant at the default zone, you will see maybe 2 a game from a QB like peyton manning, and 5 or so from derrick carr (i did earlier thats why i mentioned it) with the settings of below 20 especially, you will see around 10 from good QBs, and that doesn't happen.

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-20-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:07 PM   #123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
no you misunderstand or I didn't speak clearly forgive me, but low QB ACC DOES force MANY uncatchable balls, to the point where it looks like a high school QB, sorry for misunderstandings. but I meant at the default zone, you will see maybe 2 a game from a QB like peyton manning, and 5 or so from derrick carr (i did earlier thats why i mentioned it) with the settings of below 20 especially, you will see around 10 from good QBs, and that doesn't happen.

Oh ok cool. I thought you where saying that with a low qb slider that you see the CPU not playing has smart but still not really missing passes or something. Yeah I agree with you about at default what you see. With how bad the passing is at like 10 I cant even imagine playing with the slider at like 5 like some people do. I really like what you have done with high pass coverage with low reaction time. When I got the game I felt like reaction time needed to be lower but I didn't think it needed to be way lower and that pass coverage would be to be higher but it really works nice good job! On default you see so many passes that DB get there hands on and drop and that is not like the NFL. In the NFL most incompletions are because the QB doesn't have time so they make a bad pass or the passes is dropped or the WR is just slightly open and the qb try's to make the passes and it is just slightly over thorwn or the QB makes a passes that is basicly a thorwn away but that is close to the WR so that it is not grounding. With default madden you don't real see thoughs and with these sliders you see much more of those things its not perfect but much better.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Really interesting setup.

I just had an amazing 16-7 win vs. NYJ with OAK using these and it was a blast.

Geno completed 58% and threw probably 5 completely errant passes during the game. Several of those overthrows were on down the field plays, too, which was nice. Schaub completed 65% but missed a few down the field--felt very much like both QBs played as their real-life counterparts.

I did have 6 sacks, but all with different players, and the CPU had 3. I'll be interested to see if sacks even out over a few games.

I like how the running game feels with these. I ran 30 times as a team and for the first 3 quarters I had less than 3 YPC as a team. But in that last quarter, with repeated pounding, I was able to break two long runs with MJD and get him just over 4.0 YPC on the day. CJ2K had a nice day vs. a weak OAK run defense.

With the coverage set up like it is, I saw my DBs contest several throws--probably 3-4 passes...
Old 09-20-2014, 11:09 PM   #125
Banned

So last game I played packers me vs Pats I lost 27-24 with QB slider at 50 and WR Slider at 55 with reaction at 5 and pass coverage at 85 and I had 3 turnovers and they had 1 turnover. I don't remember all the stats but tom brady had like a 72 completion % and I had like 68. It was a good game and I had a changes at the end of the game but on a 3erd down had a drop and then on 4th and 7 with about a minute left and no timeouts left at my own like 48 yard line I gained the first down with a gain of about 8 yards but then fumble and lost the ball and I also had one missed FG to end the first half.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 12:36 AM   #126
Banned

OVR: 1

Wow 2 kick returns for touchdowns in the first half, go up 38 to 14 and the game is going to end 38 to 30!

I threw two picks. I knocked out Carson Palmer, TWICE but he still threw for 78%.

Sean Renfree came in and threw for 75%. They had almost 400 yards passing between them.

Patrick Peterson could NOT cover anyone, Stephon Gilmore again could NOT cover anyone. The run defense looked pretty good, but the pass defense was atrocious. If your player is not RIGHT there then its a completion.

What was really interesting was how the CPU QB's moved in the pocket, now they didnt throw it away like they should have, but Palmer evaded at least another 5 sacks Id say. Renfree actually sidestepped my Rookie DE in the 3-4 Aaron Donald. Was awesome to see, now if they would just throw it away.

3 of the sacks were quick, hard coverage sacks. But the other 2 could have easily been avoided by a throw away.

There were alot of passes defensed in this game, 8 total I think. Alot of tackles by my MLB Shazier 14 total.

I had a QB rating of 68.5, threw two terrible picks. One because I was rolling right and had no one open, forgot the throw away button. The second because Julio Jones, a 93 ovr WR wouldnt even turn to see the ball coming to him.

Other then that the passing game felt good and solid on my side. The CPU was redicilous.

All in all good sliders.

What speed is everyone playing at? I played normal, 15 min qtrs, 15 second runoff.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #127
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
Wow 2 kick returns for touchdowns in the first half, go up 38 to 14 and the game is going to end 38 to 30!

I threw two picks. I knocked out Carson Palmer, TWICE but he still threw for 78%.

Sean Renfree came in and threw for 75%. They had almost 400 yards passing between them.

Patrick Peterson could NOT cover anyone, Stephon Gilmore again could NOT cover anyone. The run defense looked pretty good, but the pass defense was atrocious. If your player is not RIGHT there then its a completion.

What was really interesting was how the CPU QB's moved in the pocket, now they didnt throw it away like they should have, but Palmer evaded at least another 5 sacks Id say. Renfree actually sidestepped my Rookie DE in the 3-4 Aaron Donald. Was awesome to see, now if they would just throw it away.

3 of the sacks were quick, hard coverage sacks. But the other 2 could have easily been avoided by a throw away.

There were alot of passes defensed in this game, 8 total I think. Alot of tackles by my MLB Shazier 14 total.

I had a QB rating of 68.5, threw two terrible picks. One because I was rolling right and had no one open, forgot the throw away button. The second because Julio Jones, a 93 ovr WR wouldnt even turn to see the ball coming to him.

Other then that the passing game felt good and solid on my side. The CPU was redicilous.

All in all good sliders.

What speed is everyone playing at? I played normal, 15 min qtrs, 15 second runoff.

I play the same has you 15 min normal 15 second runoff. Man how did you get 2 kick return tuch downs? The closet I have got on a kickoff is only to like the 50 yard line and most the time I am around the 35 yard line and on punts I think the most yards I have gotten on a return is only like 13 yards.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:49 AM   #128
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
I play the same has you 15 min normal 15 second runoff. Man how did you get 2 kick return tuch downs? The closet I have got on a kickoff is only to like the 50 yard line and most the time I am around the 35 yard line and on punts I think the most yards I have gotten on a return is only like 13 yards.
My punt returns were TERRIBLE.

My kickoff returns were Jerick McKinnon going hard right then cutting left, spin around the two blockers then off to the races.

FINALLY a slider set where my 94 speed returner can OUTRUN people lol!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »