The most important 2 sliders. - Page 18 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #137
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Thanks, I have been using the same sliders and have been enjoying the games, was just wondering if anyone had tried them with different penalty sliders, especially the IG slider. Like something low instead of 100.
Armor has the IG slider very low and I've used that set for as long as it's been out.

I wouldn't say that the QB play is in any way worse for the value being high in this set; in fact, I'd say on the whole the QB play is much better and more realistic with this set, but I can't tell which of the many moving parts within it is most responsible for the improvement. So I'm just going to keep it globally as it is, as I'm quite happy.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #138
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Armor has the IG slider very low and I've used that set for as long as it's been out.

I wouldn't say that the QB play is in any way worse for the value being high in this set; in fact, I'd say on the whole the QB play is much better and more realistic with this set, but I can't tell which of the many moving parts within it is most responsible for the improvement. So I'm just going to keep it globally as it is, as I'm quite happy.
I can't argue with that, I agree the game is playing very well with this set and won't change anything unless I see a reason. Rushin has really done a fantastic job on these, I have never seen Madden play as realistic as with this set.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #139
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe I should send EA my resume

---
over 250 football games watched
1000's of madden games played
good with people
no college
will work for games! (all of them)
---

it would be nice if the defaults were realistic, the alterations would be very small and online games wouldn't be so much different.

but on the topic, I saw intentional grounding mentioned, I had a explanation here on an earlier page but penalties don't have any effect on the gameplay of the 22 CPU processes on the field, only weather or not those processes violated the penalty code, and so someone has seen a pass interference huh? I guess the code does exist!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #140
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Maybe I should send EA my resume

---
over 250 football games watched
1000's of madden games played
good with people
no college
will work for games! (all of them)
---

it would be nice if the defaults were realistic, the alterations would be very small and online games wouldn't be so much different.

but on the topic, I saw intentional grounding mentioned, I had a explanation here on an earlier page but penalties don't have any effect on the gameplay of the 22 CPU processes on the field, only weather or not those processes violated the penalty code, and so someone has seen a pass interference huh? I guess the code does exist!
With the job you've done on these I think they should put you in charge of everything. They could change the name to Drago NFL Football!

But seriously, you have done a great job and your knowledge of the inner workings of the game continues to amaze me. I asked about the IG because a lot of people on here have it set very low and claim it makes the QB more willing to throw the ball away and seem to show more "pocket presence". There are also claims that the penalties affect the way the players react to certain things based on the likelihood of the penalty being called. I always thought that was a bit of a stretch and really that it was giving EA a little too much credit on their programming. I mean do you really think they programmed it so the QB, for instance, knew when the IG slider was set low that he would not be called for it so he would be more likely to throw it away? That sounds like a real reach to me. So what you are saying is they really only affect whether or not the penalties are called, which is all they should really affect.

Also, I got the DPI, it was against the CPU, my WR was basically mugged by the DB and before I could even complain about the non-call I saw the flag and almost fell off the couch!

I have also read about people complaining about WR sideline awareness. I can tell you I have seen multiple toe dragging and toe tapping sideline catches using your sliders. I was blown away.

By the way I saw you mention in another thread that you had not gotten the auto subs to work. I have been using Aaron's along with your other settings and them seem to work pretty well. At this point I'm not looking to change anything, they are playing great. I am just waiting for the patch to start my real Offline CFM. In the meantime I will just continue enjoying playing the game with my Bills "practice" CFM. Thanks again for all the hard work and your continued willingness to answer question and explain things.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 PM   #141
Rookie

Old 09-21-2014, 11:12 PM   #142
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
LMAO, that is totally awesome!!!!

Old 09-22-2014, 12:56 AM   #143
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

I want to try these in coach mode i D/L them but i saw Intentional Grounding at 1 in the D/L yet on your OP its 100 which set is the recent and a few other settings are different from the d/l compared to the OP
Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
I want to try these in coach mode i D/L them but i saw Intentional Grounding at 1 in the D/L yet on your OP its 100 which set is the recent and a few other settings are different from the d/l compared to the OP
It doesn't matter, the penalty sliders do not effect gameplay, set them however you like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »