The most important 2 sliders. - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-12-2014, 05:18 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

These look cool, and your stats look amazing. But Grounding at 100? Doesn't that make qbs hold the ball for longer?

I've been playing on all madden and getting good games, but others have been saying all-pro is more realistic as players' rating matter more - whereas in all madden CPU players get a big ratings boost.

I want elite players to dominate scrubs, but I don't want to blow the CPU out every game, ya know. Any thoughts on the difference between all-madden and all-pro?

FYI most of my all-madden sliders are near default, apart from HUM qba 5 and CPU qba 20

Last edited by Team Woopie; 09-12-2014 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

Has any one tried reaction at zero with pass coverage at 100 and then tried reaction at 100 with pass coverage at 0? If so what kind of results? How about this the default sliders are at 50 has any one tried pass coverage at 50 reaction at 0 and then tried pass coverage 0 reaction at 50? I am thinking with what was said that reaction would make a bigger difference. So say if you had pass coverage at 50 and reaction at 25 that would make the difference bigger then if you went with pass coverage 25 reaction 50? Maybe I will try pass coverage at 50 and reaction at 25 and go form there.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:24 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Woopie
Offside 60
False Start 67
Holding 75
Face Mask 51
Def. Pass Int. 99
Off. Pass Int. 99
Grounding 100
Roughing the passer 85
Roughing the kicker 51

These look cool, and your stats look amazing. But Grounding at 100? Doesn't that make qbs hold the ball for longer?

I am not sure if the grounding at 100 compared to 0 makes a difference with the QB holding on to the ball. I didn't notice a difference has even at 0 I get like 8 sacks a game. I think either nothing makes a difference when it comes to the QB holding on to the ball to long or that having the QB slider below 50 I think may make a difference. When I first got the game I only had 5 sacks in 3 games and I was like what are people talking about the CPU doesn't hold on to the ball to long? Then after that I lowerd QB slider because like ever one to high of completion % and ever sences I lowerd it I have been seeing to many sacks like ever one else has been.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #12
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

yeah, I've played 5 games with int grounding at 0 and 5 with it at 100.

nothing was noticed in relations to sacks.

same with roughing the passer; 5 games at 100, 5 at zero ... qb sacks never really seemed affected by this.

I think old mate who said qb sense pressure is the bug has nailed it.

I just sacked tom brady 6 times until half time, and his sense pressure is ideal, where if it was trigger happy or paranoid, he'd be throwning it away before he gets sacked.

i think that's where the bug is. The good news with that is ea should be able to easily tune this in a patch! Surely?
Old 09-12-2014, 05:35 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
yeah, I've played 5 games with int grounding at 0 and 5 with it at 100.

nothing was noticed in relations to sacks.

same with roughing the passer; 5 games at 100, 5 at zero ... qb sacks never really seemed affected by this.

I think old mate who said qb sense pressure is the bug has nailed it.

I just sacked tom brady 6 times until half time, and his sense pressure is ideal, where if it was trigger happy or paranoid, he'd be throwning it away before he gets sacked.

i think that's where the bug is. The good news with that is ea should be able to easily tune this in a patch! Surely?

I havnt tired the roughing the passer but that is interesting. Yeah maybe that trigger happy thing is the problem. I really hope that ea can patch offline sim stats, qb taking sacks and the money thing in owner mode and I hope it can happen within like a week. If those things can be patched I think I will beable to play a madden game for the first time sences like madden 07 on gamecube for more then like a month without being sick of it.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:56 AM   #14
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Something I've noticed people don't do, which makes for unrealistic passing game, is lower the pass defense reaction time and raise the pass coverage to make up for it. The reaction time should be low. for example-

Mine look like this
Player pass defense reaction- 5
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass defense reaction- 2
CPU pass coverage- 86

In my opinion, this is like real life, DBs don't make a 50MPH sprint to the path of the ball, they only pick it off if it's thrown in their lane. This slider setting really fixes the DB preforming superman moves to pick off throws thrown through perfectly open windows or even out in front of a defender thats been burned by the wideout. This game also needs a WR awareness slider, because they know to look for the ball, and when they see it coming to them, they should enter "fight for the pass" mode, not just continue to run a route the ball isn't going to make it to without their interference. I suppose you're supposed to switch to the receiver and do it yourself, but what about people using player lock?

Also something I see people doing is setting the QB accuracy low, it shouldn't be, 95 overall QBs shouldn't throw horribly short passes, maybe one or two a game but never more than that, they throw the ball away, a lot of incompletions come from this, I would never set this below 35, it also forces the CPU QB to only attempt throws it knows it can make with the lower slider setting taken into account, so it holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, and thus can't move the ball. NFL teams give up points, they give up yards, the QB should be able to move the ball in todays NFL. It's important to look at how many passes are knocked away, intercepted, thrown away, AND completed, it's not just comp. % that makes for realistic play.

thoughts on my thoughts?
I love this idea!!! I will be doing this in my career tonight!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #15
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I like this idea also. Going to try it in coach mode. The only thing I may change (and if I could get your opinion) is moving opi/dpi down to 25. I have been playing with this some and i see at 100 they run the laziest routes. Catching the ball and going OB instead of turning up field. At 25 they are more aware of the sidelines. Yes, they still catch and will go out at times, but I have noticed they are more aware of the sidelines.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #16
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I like this idea also. Going to try it in coach mode. The only thing I may change (and if I could get your opinion) is moving opi/dpi down to 25. I have been playing with this some and i see at 100 they run the laziest routes. Catching the ball and going OB instead of turning up field. At 25 they are more aware of the sidelines. Yes, they still catch and will go out at times, but I have noticed they are more aware of the sidelines.
I have had OPI at 10 and DPI at 90...........do you think I should set the DPI low also, I like having low OPI but I thought low DPI was bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »