The most important 2 sliders. - Page 29 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #225
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I have a suggestion, try Pro, the animations blow All-Pro and All-Madden away. I experienced the same things, where only the DB plays the ball, the receivers makes no effort at all. Because of this all my games were low scoring defensive battles. Then Whosnext mentioned how much better the game looked on Pro. I had been playing with his "E" sliders on All-Pro and switched to Pro, with game speed at normal and zero threshold, and saw a completely different game. Lots of animations I had never seen before and the game just seems to be more fluid and smooth. We may need to tweak the sliders a bit to make it more challenging but the game plays and looks far superior IMO. If your out of options give it a shot, it might save the game for you.

LOVING the sound of this...I am going to get into this right after the Packers game...
Old 11-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #226
Rookie

rezneffix's Arena

Quote:
I have a suggestion, try Pro, the animations blow All-Pro and All-Madden away. I experienced the same things, where only the DB plays the ball, the receivers makes no effort at all. Because of this all my games were low scoring defensive battles. Then Whosnext mentioned how much better the game looked on Pro. I had been playing with his "E" sliders on All-Pro and switched to Pro, with game speed at normal and zero threshold, and saw a completely different game. Lots of animations I had never seen before and the game just seems to be more fluid and smooth. We may need to tweak the sliders a bit to make it more challenging but the game plays and looks far superior IMO. If your out of options give it a shot, it might save the game for you.
I absolutely agree with this. The game plays a lot more realistically on Pro. I know it's a taboo to play on a lower difficulty level than All Pro but I want this game to be fun and realistic at the same time. I don't want to play on a certain difficulty level just because it's the thing to do. On Pro I see one on one matchups where a receiver ends up winning and often I see both receiver/db simultaneously jumping for the ball which is never seen in All Pro. Bottom line is that receivers become useless on All Pro or All Madden in terms of their ability to outjump the DB or even jump simultaneously to try to make a catch.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #227
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
LOVING the sound of this...I am going to get into this right after the Packers game...
Honestly, I was amazed. I started seeing receivers go up and get the ball, making one handed catches, sideline grabs and overall just looking like they wanted the ball instead of running blindly down the field waiting for the QB to hit them right in the hands. I also did not see the horrible rag doll, arm twisted behind the back, ball carrier animation. I was playing with DPI/OPI at 10/10, I think this setting with Pro mode is where it's at. As I said we may need to tweak them a bit to create more of a challenge, although it wasn't that far off, last game I was the Vikes and came in at 7-4-1 vs the Panthers at 5-7 and won 37-24. The stats were pretty good and the overall feel of the game was great. Sacks were about what they have been on other levels, 5 to 6 a game, but this is also before any tweaks were made to a set designed for All-Pro, so I think there may be room for improvement.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Honestly, I was amazed. I started seeing receivers go up and get the ball, making one handed catches, sideline grabs and overall just looking like they wanted the ball instead of running blindly down the field waiting for the QB to hit them right in the hands. I also did not see the horrible rag doll, arm twisted behind the back, ball carrier animation. I was playing with DPI/OPI at 10/10, I think this setting with Pro mode is where it's at. As I said we may need to tweak them a bit to create more of a challenge, although it wasn't that far off, last game I was the Vikes and came in at 7-4-1 vs the Panthers at 5-7 and won 37-24. The stats were pretty good and the overall feel of the game was great. Sacks were about what they have been on other levels, 5 to 6 a game, but this is also before any tweaks were made to a set designed for All-Pro, so I think there may be room for improvement.
I might give this a try. I am not a big fan of how the game plays on all madden. I like All-Pro better with the right sliders. So you have pro sliders posted anywhere?
Old 11-16-2014, 06:25 PM   #229
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:

What page is the sliders on that you used for Pro? I don't feel like going through 20 some pages again lol :P
Old 11-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #230
Rookie

rezneffix's Arena

Quote:
I will try 10/10 for OPI/DPI and see what that does. I end up getting Madden almost every year just because I love football so much and it's the only football game out there. I don't like going on rants about the game. I know people who work on these games work hard and we consumers at the same time deserve something we will enjoy. Having said that, in reality on any given Sunday when you watch a football game in any given one on one WR/DB situation if the pass is well thrown and the receiver has a height/athletic advantage you expect the receiver to make a better play on the ball than the DB. I guess that's all we are asking for. We don't want pass TDs handed to us through cheese gameplay. We just want a bit more realism. If you know your WR will never win one on one situations why the hell would you ever throw it to him. It defies logic. Either way, props to all the people that post on here in an effort to give the rest of us an improved and more enjoyable gameplay.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #231
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierbengal
I might give this a try. I am not a big fan of how the game plays on all madden. I like All-Pro better with the right sliders. So you have pro sliders posted anywhere?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-everyone.html

I know these were designed for All-Pro but the maker of them mentioned how well the game played on Pro so I gave these a shot on Pro and was very pleasantly surprised. As I have said they may need a bit of tweaking to up the challenge a bit (although I'm not a Madden Master either, so others may dominate with these). I posted in the linked thread about some slight changes I will be testing to tone down the run and pass game a bit.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #232
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-everyone.html

I know these were designed for All-Pro but the maker of them mentioned how well the game played on Pro so I gave these a shot on Pro and was very pleasantly surprised. As I have said they may need a bit of tweaking to up the challenge a bit (although I'm not a Madden Master either, so others may dominate with these). I posted in the linked thread about some slight changes I will be testing to tone down the run and pass game a bit.

thanks! Whenever you think you got it down, please post

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »