The most important 2 sliders. - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I like this idea also. Going to try it in coach mode. The only thing I may change (and if I could get your opinion) is moving opi/dpi down to 25. I have been playing with this some and i see at 100 they run the laziest routes. Catching the ball and going OB instead of turning up field. At 25 they are more aware of the sidelines. Yes, they still catch and will go out at times, but I have noticed they are more aware of the sidelines.
I have been, and will do more tonight, playing around with these sliders.

So far I've done both at 50, both at 99 and both at 20.

At 99 and 50 I didn't really notice any impact on gameplay, but both on 20 showed promising signs.

Wr were much more aware of trying to keep their feet inbounds, but wr seemed to fight for the ball more when it's sent long into coverage.

For example, Megatron should win 95% of battles one-on-one, but the db comes out on top when OPI and DPI are set high, but on 20? I had the best play since I got the game.

Stafford sent a deep 50yrd ball through the air, Calvin was in single coverage, both jumped, Johnson ripped it down, stayed on his feet as dp went down and he jogged in for the TD....was awesome.

I only figured out it was those two sliders that impacted it after I changed them.

Am gonna play one game with DPI 99 and OPI 75 tonight, and then one with them both on 10 to see the difference.

I'm truly starting to believe that there are very few sliders that need adjustments that send them to one end of the scale or the other (holding/IG/cpu pass block if on all-pro or lower). Think most should stay near (ish) default.

Will probably test and find 20 was the sweet spot.....
Old 09-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #18
Just started!

Give these a shot and see what you guys think and post back with tweaks and whatnot.

All Madden
12min
15sec runoff
Normal speed
fatigue 60
injuries 55
threshold 0

penalties default

auto subs using Aarons auto subs

special teams default settings

Human

QB ACC 35
Pass Block 1
WR catch 30
Run block 1
Fumbles 1
Pass React 1
Intercept 40
Pass Cover 50
Tackling 1

CPU

QB ACC 40
Pass Block 1
WR catch 30
Run block 1
Fumbles 1
Pass React 1
Intercept 40
Pass Cover 50
Tackling 40
Old 09-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #19
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Great find with the OPI/DPI slider effecting WR awareness, especially since they don't call that anyway.

@linkU thanks for trying them out, they give me my favorite games so I thought I would share, but like i said these are set mostly for my franchise and I have a super elite pass rush, QB, and running game, i may upload my sliders from my test teams but they don't play the same due to confidence. so it does need atiny bit of tinkering

@darkknightrises, yes, I did actually try that first and threw 36/38 with 418 yards (in a 6 min. qtr game with my test teams, two edited teams in play now both with 99 overall players at every position), the CPU QB had similar numbers. players would do that superman dart for the ball and miss it leaving my guys (and theirs) running down the field for easy touchdowns.

@Dbrentonbuck, this is true, a QB who won't throw it away with a soft o-line will get sacked, this seems to be a problem with higer rated QBs, in my franchise, Tom Brady has a sieve of a line and justin houson sacked him 6 times last night, forcing him out in the 3rd QTR, his replacement came in and played like a real QB should play, i won that game 42-10, in the next game, the titans, I got 1 sack and turned the ball over 5 times and lost 32-9 while andrew luck (why didn't the colts resign him?) had a completion % of 70%, after these two games, Aaron Murrays % is down to 67%, which is the perfect number in my mind.

%'s should be 55-62 for bad QBs and 67-71 for great QBs, the reaction slider is the only way I've been able to accomplish this while still giving realistic sacks, it's also the only way to give the opposition the correct number of plays a game as well as my defense the correct number of tackles, some teams run it on me and some don't, just like the real NFL.

This sliders aren't meant to be used, they are mine, I am only saying that the base sliders to work from should be moving reaction down and pass coverage up, as well as QB accuracy somewhere in the low 40's all the way up to 50, gives me my best results, the games I played with sliders with low QB accuracy just never felt good to me, the stats were wrong and teams would do things they shouldn't do. ok i'm tired of typing in english now lol

edit- in that patriots game, brady fumbled twice on huge hits, and his replacement threw two picks, so if you win the turnover battle, you win the game, just like I had no chance in that titans game, making bad decisions, i just didn't play well that game.

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
MVP

forme95's Arena

I have to agree with the qb acc being between 31-50. I think it equals the long ball and just not always dink and dunk passes. JMO

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-12-2014, 01:57 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Something I've noticed people don't do, which makes for unrealistic passing game, is lower the pass defense reaction time and raise the pass coverage to make up for it. The reaction time should be low. for example-

Mine look like this
Player pass defense reaction- 5
Player pass coverage- 84
CPU pass defense reaction- 2
CPU pass coverage- 86

In my opinion, this is like real life, DBs don't make a 50MPH sprint to the path of the ball, they only pick it off if it's thrown in their lane. This slider setting really fixes the DB preforming superman moves to pick off throws thrown through perfectly open windows or even out in front of a defender thats been burned by the wideout. This game also needs a WR awareness slider, because they know to look for the ball, and when they see it coming to them, they should enter "fight for the pass" mode, not just continue to run a route the ball isn't going to make it to without their interference. I suppose you're supposed to switch to the receiver and do it yourself, but what about people using player lock?

Also something I see people doing is setting the QB accuracy low, it shouldn't be, 95 overall QBs shouldn't throw horribly short passes, maybe one or two a game but never more than that, they throw the ball away, a lot of incompletions come from this, I would never set this below 35, it also forces the CPU QB to only attempt throws it knows it can make with the lower slider setting taken into account, so it holds the ball too long and takes too many sacks, and thus can't move the ball. NFL teams give up points, they give up yards, the QB should be able to move the ball in todays NFL. It's important to look at how many passes are knocked away, intercepted, thrown away, AND completed, it's not just comp. % that makes for realistic play.

thoughts on my thoughts?
I tried this out using my settings and sliders, and of course changed the sliders you mentioned. I looked via replay at every pass play that occurred during the game. I believe your observations were spot on! You nailed it as far as im concerned. I seen exactly what I see when I watch real football, when it comes to the passing game, and coverage of receivers. Its more evident in man coverage. Outstanding, I will be keeping this for my sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #22
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlboy82
I tried this out using my settings and sliders, and of course changed the sliders you mentioned. I looked via replay at every pass play that occurred during the game. I believe your observations were spot on! You nailed it as far as im concerned. I seen exactly what I see when I watch real football, when it comes to the passing game, and coverage of receivers. Its more evident in man coverage. Outstanding, I will be keeping this for my sliders.
Great, I'm glad to be able to fix the broken passing for some people, sadly this will not work online but at least in our seasons, we can play realistic games, something else about my sliders is the injuries at 75, might seem like it's too high, the game needs an option to decide how bad the injuries are. There is too much a chance of a season ending injury, in other words, the CPU doesn't discriminate what type of injury it gives you aside from career ending which I haven't seen. So if you're losing too many players for too long, it should be set lower, I just like to look at a realistic looking injury report. 1 or no players half way through a season is brutally unreal. Mine currently has 7 players, 4 for 1 more week and only 1 for a season ending injury, which is better than i've seen in my first season. Where I lost bowe, charles, eric fisher, eric berry, and sean smith to season ending injuries.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #23
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Great, I'm glad to be able to fix the broken passing for some people, sadly this will not work online but at least in our seasons, we can play realistic games, something else about my sliders is the injuries at 75, might seem like it's too high, the game needs an option to decide how bad the injuries are. There is too much a chance of a season ending injury, in other words, the CPU doesn't discriminate what type of injury it gives you aside from career ending which I haven't seen. So if you're losing too many players for too long, it should be set lower, I just like to look at a realistic looking injury report. 1 or no players half way through a season is brutally unreal. Mine currently has 7 players, 4 for 1 more week and only 1 for a season ending injury, which is better than i've seen in my first season. Where I lost bowe, charles, eric fisher, eric berry, and sean smith to season ending injuries.
Using Aarons sub set @ 60, and injuries at 54, I am seeing players go down in games, and some are just for the game, some come right back and some are out for weeks/months. Kudos to AArons set, he NAILED auto subs.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #24
Rookie

Played a game with rushin's set using Saints vs Packers (me) and had the most realistic and flat out fun game I've played on 15 so far! 33-30 Pack wins, Brees completed 67% for 270 and Rodgers completed 65% for 320 with realistic rushing and turnover totals for both teams. Sacks were 3-6, but five different Packers accounted for those 6 sacks and only 2 were user controlled. Even saw 5 penalties called (roughing the passer, facemask, clipping, false start and I jumped offsides with Clay once). I really do think you've nailed it with your theory on Reaction and Coverage numbers!

Gonna try DPI and OPI at 20 next to hopefully clean up the sideline routes, etc but I'm finally cautiously optimistic about this game!! Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »